WR, Albert Wilson - 80.3
LT, Laremy Tunsil - 77.4
RT, Ja’Wuan James - 72.9

https://twitter.com/PFF_Dolphins

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:41 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Osweiler didn't do anything spectacular, but he managed the offense BEHIND an offensive line that gave him the time. The question is is why did the OL play better for Osweiler than they did for Tannehill?

Barry Jackson wrote:
Here’s how Pro Football Focus assessed Brock Osweiler’s first Dolphins start: “Although his box score numbers were eye-popping to say the least, it’s worth mentioning that 280 of his 380 passing yards came after the catch and 268 of his 380 yards came on passes thrown less than 10 yards beyond the line of scrimmage. Osweiler made a few turnover-worthy throws and finished the game with a 56.6 overall grade. “Osweiler deserves credit considering the defense he was going up against and the fact that he did earn the win and should be more prepared for a potential Week 7 matchup with the Detroit Lions if Ryan Tannehill is not ready to return.”

Laremy Tunsil and Ja’Wuan James were excellent on Sunday, so much so that PFF said Sunday was Khalil Mack’s lowest-graded game of his career (47.8). PFF said “both tackles (Tunsil and James) deserve a ton of credit for their efforts against the All-Pro, as Mack rushed the passer 17 times from the left side and 12 times from the right side. Mack was only able to generate one quarterback pressure on the day - he had racked up at least four in every other game this season.”

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:23 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Big Dave wrote:
Osweiler didn't do anything spectacular

Oh now you've done it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:35 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Big Dave wrote:
The question is is why did the OL play better for Osweiler than they did for Tannehill?

I think the argument would be why didn't they block better in general? Swanson/Larsen could not handle Geno Atkins in Cincy. Once Tunsil went out it was game over because Gase decided Sam Young and complex route running would work. They seemed to hold up much better against Chicago's interior defense and Gase called a much simpler game.

When you have limited QBs the offense works with quick throws and YAC opportunity. Downfield throws rarely worked against NE or Cincy, not even sure they tried outside of the Osweiler pick against Chicago. Also, pounding the ball with Gore for to shorten up 3rd downs was key.

Biggest thing few are talking about - only 1 offensive penalty on the day courtesy of Danny Amendola's block to the back. No false starts, no holding calls and no offensive pass interference.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:01 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Vincent Taylor is looking like a big time player.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:09 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Big Dave wrote:
Osweiler didn't do anything spectacular, but he managed the offense BEHIND an offensive line that gave him the time. The question is is why did the OL play better for Osweiler than they did for Tannehill?

Barry Jackson wrote:
Here’s how Pro Football Focus assessed Brock Osweiler’s first Dolphins start: “Although his box score numbers were eye-popping to say the least, it’s worth mentioning that 280 of his 380 passing yards came after the catch and 268 of his 380 yards came on passes thrown less than 10 yards beyond the line of scrimmage. Osweiler made a few turnover-worthy throws and finished the game with a 56.6 overall grade. “Osweiler deserves credit considering the defense he was going up against and the fact that he did earn the win and should be more prepared for a potential Week 7 matchup with the Detroit Lions if Ryan Tannehill is not ready to return.”

Laremy Tunsil and Ja’Wuan James were excellent on Sunday, so much so that PFF said Sunday was Khalil Mack’s lowest-graded game of his career (47.8). PFF said “both tackles (Tunsil and James) deserve a ton of credit for their efforts against the All-Pro, as Mack rushed the passer 17 times from the left side and 12 times from the right side. Mack was only able to generate one quarterback pressure on the day - he had racked up at least four in every other game this season.”

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

It's everybody else...

The ironic thing is it's everybody else's fault Tannehill can't get it done.. And by everybody I mean the same players.

This is like Moore all over again..Same 4 teams and he outplayed Tannehill while sacks went down.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:46 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Let's not make this a Tannehill rip session because yes the oline vs Cincy after Tunsil got hurt was HORRIBLE I mean as bad as I've ever seen and his last 2 games let's be real he was hurt so everything just went bad. Fact is the line stepped up especially the tackles who have that ability and we'll need this because Brock will not keep this up long term

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:39 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

The ageless Frank Gore.

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]