Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:44 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Quote:
I am responding that coach Gase is not telling the truth and his decision was an example of poor management and cost the team the best opportunity to win,” Gould said. “He continues attacking the health of my client and that is not acceptable. Parker is not only healthy but wants to help this team win and the only real question that should be asked is how does coach Gase justify his own incompetence. The team averaged only 6.1 yards per catch. They needed Parker active. He is completely healthy and was in full participation all week and in warmups this morning. Something smells in Miami.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... rs-health/

As the article indicated Miami averaged 10.9 not 6.1 per catch.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:51 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Wow. They just need to trade him for whatever they can get. Although with Wilson being hurt that might be a bad move. I don't know.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:03 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

** note that after posting this I noticed there was a previous post on the same subject **

that was the quote from Parker's agent.....see link for full story....

Although we could simply dismiss this as typical agent talk the guy does come on strong, and does so publicly. Agents typically take the high road in client/team matters as it doesn't make much sense to alienate his client's employer so it has to be that the guy and Parker have reached the point where they are fed up with Gase's head games and public misinformation about the player. It makes the player look bad that he's continually "hurt", and maybe he's not.

Agents, like players, coaches and club execs, talk to their like kind on other teams, and clearly this guy sees the same pattern emerging here with his client, a pattern that Gase has fed upon in his 3 years here. Today, all we see is Gase protecting Parker's trade value but there's probably a whole lot going on behind the scenes we don't see.

So much for the so-called fixed lockeroom Gase swore he had, just part of his annual BS.

Watch how Parker, now that they need him, suddenly, miraculously recovers in time for the Thursday game.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/20 ... -adam-gase

Adam Beasley & Barry Jackson wrote:
Parker was inactive for the fifth time in seven games this year, and Gase told reporters that Parker, who has been dealing with a strained quad, “is not completely healthy yet.”

That incensed Gould, who released a blistering statement to reporters Sunday evening:

“I am responding that he is not telling the truth and his decision was an example of poor management and cost the team the best opportunity to win,” Gould wrote. “He continues attacking the health of my client and this is not acceptable. Parker is not only healthy but wants to help this team win and the only real question that should be asked is how does Coach Gase justify his own incompetence. They averaged only 6.1 yards per pass catch (Sunday). They needed Parker who is completely healthy and was in full participation all week and in warm ups this morning.

“Something smells in Miami.”

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/ ... rylink=cpy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:35 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

When do we listen to agents? He's just trying to force a trade.

It's hard to say what is going on with Parker, but we do know that Dolphins FO is never forthcoming with trade information. We hear the rumblings, but they deny them. They keep things in-house. Is Parker unhappy? You bet he is.

Armando Salguero wrote:
And, indeed, this game might have closed the door on Miami dealing Parker at all because Miami’s Albert Wilson suffered what agent Drew Rosenhaus, who represents Wilson, called a hip injury. Th injury happened in the first half of Sunday’s game. If Wilson is out a month or more, the Dolphins would need a viable replacement.

That would be Parker.

It must be noted the Dolphins have not been offering Parker in trade. They’ve simply been fielding phone calls for him. They do not believe him to be a locker room problem of any sort.

He has simply been struggling to stay healthy while finding himself behind four other receivers. Parker also doesn’t play special teams, which is problematic for the fifth receiver.

The Wilson injury would necessitate Parker playing, as early as Thursday’s game at Houston.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:01 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Criticism of Gase is justified and the Parker stuff is kind of silly, but how does his agent going off dismiss the idea that it isn't a better locker room? By all beat reporter accounts the attitude in there is better.

Maybe Parker looks terrible in practice all week. The only truth we know is that Miami will need him desperately on Thursday unless they think Carroo or Ford can step up.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:29 am 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

jammer wrote:
Criticism of Gase is justified and the Parker stuff is kind of silly, but how does his agent going off dismiss the idea that it isn't a better locker room? By all beat reporter accounts the attitude in there is better.

Not saying it isn't, just that we don't know. Parker talks to his teammates, many of whom have been around the Gase lockeroom carousel that last few years, so anything is possible. And I've learned to take reporter accounts, much like coach speak at press conferences, with a grain of salt.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:39 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Every coach has a doghouse. Shula was known for his. I'm not sure what is going on with the Dolphins, but Gase isn't always honest with the fans or the media. All coaches look back on their coaching decisions and one day when he is somewhere else applying for another head coaching job he will probably look at his communication with fans and the media as something he should have been better at. I'm not sure why Parker is in the doghouse, but this team wasn't one player away from winning against the Lions. The defense played poorly. They got pushed around up front, they missed tackles, and they let Stafford surgically take them apart. They played on their heels all game long, and did not make any signifant adjustments.

Maybe this is the real problem, and his agent should shut his pie hole.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:10 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

carreramia wrote:
jammer wrote:

Not saying it isn't, just that we don't know. Parker talks to his teammates, many of whom have been around the Gase lockeroom carousel that last few years, so anything is possible. And I've learned to take reporter accounts, much like coach speak at press conferences, with a grain of salt.

Its possible the locker room is not what Gase wants you to believe. I took the story as Gase rarely ever throws a player under the bus so he instead of insulting Parker's performance he was just claiming injury.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:07 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

So just to be clear saying, "So much for the so-called fixed lockeroom Gase swore he had, just part of his annual BS." is the same as saying we don't know what the locker room is like?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:02 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

AQNOR wrote:
So just to be clear saying, "So much for the so-called fixed lockeroom Gase swore he had, just part of his annual BS." is the same as saying we don't know what the locker room is like?

Huh? if you are gonna take the time do it right.....ie.,

probably a whole lot going on behind the scenes we don't see

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:43 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Just for the record, Gase needs Parker more than Parker needs Gase.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:06 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

NFLJunkie wrote:

Yep. It's like punting the ball when you throw it deep to Parker. We can get rid of Haack.

:))

Dave Hyde wrote:
Some receivers lead the league in touchdowns. Parker must lead it in passes thrown to him that are intercepted.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/mia ... story.html

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:31 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

WHOA! The Cowboys just traded a 1st Round pick to Oakland for Amari Cooper.

I think Miami will still be listening to offers. Also, call Oakland about Carr!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:42 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

jammer wrote:
WHOA! The Cowboys just traded a 1st Round pick to Oakland for Amari Cooper.

I think Miami will still be listening to offers.

Dang. Cooper is talented, but we saw a few weeks ago that he has a lot of mental problems with his game. The 'Boys are desperate for a WR.

jammer wrote:
Also, call Oakland about Carr!!!

You're singing my song. Get Carr! I think Tannehill is a good fit in his West Coast scheme there.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:50 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

Yep. It's like punting the ball when you throw it deep to Parker. We can get rid of Haack.

:))

Dave Hyde wrote:
Some receivers lead the league in touchdowns. Parker must lead it in passes thrown to him that are intercepted.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/mia ... story.html

Dave,
Given the injuries, I'd have to disagree. Parker has made some great catches for this team. Probably won't make another but the fact is when Gase finishes 8-8 everyone here will be calling for his head. Parker will be onto another job. Whereas, if Parker stayed, maybe he moves the needle 1 game.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:22 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Big Dave wrote:
You're singing my song. Get Carr! I think Tannehill is a good fit in his West Coast scheme there.

Only possible way it could happen is if Osweiler embarrasses himself so badly on Thursday night and by the weekend Gase gets news that Tannehill's shoulder injury is season ending.

Otherwise Gase is going to stay loyal to his guys.

As for Parker, watch him go out and have a career game.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:40 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

NFLJunkie wrote:
Dave,
Given the injuries, I'd have to disagree. Parker has made some great catches for this team. Probably won't make another but the fact is when Gase finishes 8-8 everyone here will be calling for his head. Parker will be onto another job. Whereas, if Parker stayed, maybe he moves the needle 1 game.

It's really such a shame, Gary, because he had so much promise his first two years and he really fought for the ball back then. When he is in games now he doesn't seem like the same player. Maybe he's lost his confidence. I do know Gase is the type of coach to where if he doesn't see you do it in practice, he isn't going to trust you on game day as he has a limited amount of offensive snaps. I hate to say it, but I think Parker needs a fresh start somewhere else. He has the talent to be a #1 WR, and I hope he now gets that chance to show it on Thursday night.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:13 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

carreramia wrote:
AQNOR wrote:

I agree that there is a whole lot going on behind the scenes we don't see. I am asking what not knowing means to you. Does not knowing mean that the locker room is not "fixed" and that coach Gase is guilty of BS about the locker room?

Does one unhappy agent and maybe player mean that the locker room is not fixed? Maybe that is another way of asking the question.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:36 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Parker did not play because he was not needed with Osweiler at QB. Tannehill is the better deep passer. With Ford and Caroo having tons more repetitions with Osweiler than Parker has, you might not see Parker on the field until Tannehill returns.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:35 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Relive1972 wrote:
Parker did not play because he was not needed with Osweiler at QB. Tannehill is the better deep passer. With Ford and Caroo having tons more repetitions with Osweiler than Parker has, you might not see Parker on the field until Tannehill returns.

Gase hasn't used Parker as a deep threat ... that's Stills. Mostly he's used Parker in the same sense that he does with Amendola as a guy who can move the chains. He has very good hands.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:55 am 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

AQNOR wrote:
carreramia wrote:
AQNOR wrote:

I agree that there is a whole lot going on behind the scenes we don't see. I am asking what not knowing means to you. Does not knowing mean that the locker room is not "fixed" and that coach Gase is guilty of BS about the locker room?

Does one unhappy agent and maybe player mean that the locker room is not fixed? Maybe that is another way of asking the question.

it's probable...but maybe not. These Dolphins you know? As that great orator Winston Churchill once said about the Russians, "they are a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma". And us fans are in there bouncing around.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:06 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:11 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

I'd argue Parker has run his fair share of deep routes and its probably the one area where he and Tannehill had a nice rapport.

And the other thing they have in common is that neither appear to be safe bets for the 2019 roster unless they have monster 2nd halves of the season.

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]