All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:22 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joe Burrow to the Bengals at #1, Jordan Love to the Chargers at #6, and Justin Herbert to the Jaguars at #9.

Todd McShay (ESPN Insider) wrote:
5. Miami Dolphins - Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama
I'm sticking with Tagovailoa here, but where he goes really comes down to the medical evaluation and how comfortable Miami -- or any other team -- is with it. When he is healthy, he's special. In a best-case scenario, the Dolphins get their franchise quarterback without having to move up and then build out the rest of their roster with a boatload of picks. But that added layer of risk with Tagovailoa and all that draft capital also could lead to some creativity and maybe a trade up to get Burrow, if Cincinnati happens to be open to it.

18. Miami Dolphins (from PIT) - Xavier McKinney, S, Alabama
The Dolphins opened their checkbook in free agency on defense, but safety wasn't part of the spending spree. McKinney's versatility, instincts and burst would be great over the top behind Byron Jones and Xavien Howard.

26. Miami Dolphins (from HOU) - Josh Jones, OT, Houston
If you are drafting a quarterback with the injury history of Tagovailoa, and your offensive line tied for the league's high mark in sacks allowed last season (58), you better direct some attention toward protection. Tackle, in particular, is a big hole. Jones has versatility, shows an ability to drive defenders off the ball and flashes as a nasty finisher.

39. Miami Dolphins - J.K. Dobbins, RB, Ohio State
Jordan Howard and Kalen Ballage aren't the answers for Miami's run game. And Dobbins is a big-time playmaker who bursts through the hole, makes defenders miss and can make catches out of the backfield. He broke 2,000 rushing yards with Ohio State last season.

56. Miami Dolphins (from NO) - Jordan Elliott, DT, Missouri
Miami's brass won't get a rest on Day 2 of the draft after a busy opening night. With their fifth pick in the first 56 -- they've already taken Tagovailoa, McKinney, Jones and Dobbins -- the Dolphins get Elliott to place next to 2019 first-rounder Christian Wilkins in the middle of the defensive line. Elliott has a quick first step and flashes the ability to get off blocks.

http://insider.espn.com/nfl/draft2020/i ... rounds-1-2

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:36 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I like these players okay (other than Tua), but I hope we don't have to pick them this early. Plus, we need more than on OL in the first two rounds. I'd feel alot better taking a tackle at 5, a QB at 18 (if one falls to us, otherwise BPA), then getting McKinney at 26, Jones at 39, and Dobbins at 56.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:42 pm 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I just heard Adam Schefter say he's not sold on Tua to the Dolphins the way everyone else seems to be.

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]