View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Report: “Abusive environment” for Jonathan Martin in Miami 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Post Re: Report: “Abusive environment” for Jonathan Martin in Miami
Mak,
They ought to make the draft mandatory. It would fix half of what's wrong with society.

Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:33 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

It already is Junkie, no one can see right or wrong, there's always an excuse for behavior or a reason why. We have it so good in this country and this guy's job is to play a game where people around the world are starving. Talk about mental disorders not having food or clean drinking water. Think of our "tough" issues in the USA...being Gay, legalizing drugs, talk about a circus.

Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:34 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

They ought to make the draft mandatory. It would fix half of what's wrong with society.

100% agreed. Take away the senior year in highschool and go into the military for at least 2 years, but you don't go to war unless you re-enlist after that. Accountablility and responsibility WILL be learned.

Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:37 pm

Makchell wrote:
It already is Junkie, no one can see right or wrong, there's always an excuse for behavior or a reason why. We have it so good in this country and this guy's job is to play a game where people around the world are starving. Talk about mental disorders not having food or clean drinking water. Think of our "tough" issues in the USA...being Gay, legalizing drugs, talk about a circus.

Mak,
I've been to those countries where survival is a daily problem and you are right. My biggest problem with my teenagers is convincing them how great they have it. The funny part, none of them get it. I was small and skinny growing up. My dad moved every 4 years and I got my @ss kicked at every new elementary and middle school. I learned quickly that if you fight back and get in a couple of good shots, you only had to get that butt kicking once. If you wussed out, you faced it daily until you did fight back. If some guy walked up to me at 21 and told me to do something or else, there was going to be a fight....and by that time in my life... a good one.

Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:42 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I hear you gary.

Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:46 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

These problems have been going on around you your entire lives. Welcome to the new age where there's no privacy and information is binged across the country. Kids aren't getting "softer". Information is easier to access and it's much harder to hide stories from the news cycle.

The problem isn't the younger generation can't deal with every day obstacles. The problem is what information gets to the eyes, ears, brain of an individual to form an opinion on incomplete information.

How many NFL players have been ran out of the league because of its culture in the shadows? I'd guess a WHOLE lot.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:02 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Makchell wrote:
Everybody gets pissed. But not everybody runs out to the shrinks couch and start blaming people for picking on you. So I guess we have to wait until Martin is 25 to grow up? If our young men are this emotionally fragile this country is in trouble.

100% agree. Our boys are 18yrs old fighting for us as well and most of them are mentally tough as nails.

Which is why PTSD is rampant amongst servicemen who have seen combat action.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:50 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rich wrote:
Makchell wrote:
Everybody gets pissed. But not everybody runs out to the shrinks couch and start blaming people for picking on you. So I guess we have to wait until Martin is 25 to grow up? If our young men are this emotionally fragile this country is in trouble.

100% agree. Our boys are 18yrs old fighting for us as well and most of them are mentally tough as nails.

Which is why PTSD is rampant amongst servicemen who have seen combat action.

some didn't even leave the based and have ptsd.....I've seen some pretty pitiful cases of it.....A lot of fraud going on there

Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:12 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

NFLJunkie wrote:
Mak,

I would like to think that's true but I know some dudes who have gone to the military and come back just as f'ed up as they were when they left.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:14 am

IamPZ wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
Mak,

I would like to think that's true but I know some dudes who have gone to the military and come back just as f'ed up as they were when they left.

that's because the military has changed a little from back in the day. You're no longer allowed to put a boot in someone's @ss when they're constantly screwing up. As a matter of fact, I remember several DI's relieved of duty when I went through. One I always found funny. He was an Asian and would get so pissed he'd start spitting when he spoke. Usually followed by one racial epitah after another .. regardless of what color you were. In any case...the wussification of this country and its male population has been going on for decades.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:19 am

NFLJunkie wrote:

that's because the military has changed a little from back in the day.[/quote]

Maybe. Or maybe it's because war is hell. Lots of guys came back from Vietnam screwed up.

You see a lot that no one should see in combat.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:21 am

Rich wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

that's because the military has changed a little from back in the day.

Maybe. Or maybe it's because war is hell. Lots of guys came back from Vietnam screwed up.

You see a lot that no one should see in combat.

Good point. I more meant like they went into the military with personal issues / lack of direction / lack of common sense and came back the exact same way.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:26 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Where Colin Cowherd just read the transcripts from Richie's voicemails to Martin .....

It's really bad man. Called him a "half N-word piece of sh-" .... "I'd like to slap your mother" .... "I'm gonna kill you."

Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:34 pm

Rock Sexton wrote:
Where Colin Cowherd just read the transcripts from Richie's voicemails to Martin .....

It's really bad man. Called him a "half N-word piece of sh-" .... "I'd like to slap your mother" .... "I'm gonna kill you."

If true, that last part would put Incognito in jail and go far beyond "bullying"

Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:01 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

These KIDS ARE SOFT though! ... smh

Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:16 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

There are so many threads on this I'm not sure where to put this:

Quote:
The threatening voicemail Richie Incognito left for Jonathan Martin has been revealed and heard by both the Dolphins and the NFL.

ESPN's Adam Schefter has the vile quotes from April. "Hey, wassup, you half n----- piece of (expletive). I saw you on Twitter, you been training ten weeks. (I want to) (expletive) in your (expletive) mouth. (I'm going to) slap your (expletive) mouth. (I'm going to) slap your real mother across the face (laughter). (Expletive) you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you." Jonathan Martin has left the team and Incognito has been suspended indefinitely. According to Schefter, this type of abuse was not an isolated incident. Martin also has text messages from Incognito.

http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/nfl/mia/dolphins

Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:20 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I'm going to) slap your real mother across the face (laughter

At least he laughed at the end of this quote....what a POS.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:29 pm

Big Dave wrote:
There are so many threads on this I'm not sure where to put this:

Quote:
The threatening voicemail Richie Incognito left for Jonathan Martin has been revealed and heard by both the Dolphins and the NFL.

ESPN's Adam Schefter has the vile quotes from April. "Hey, wassup, you half n----- piece of (expletive). I saw you on Twitter, you been training ten weeks. (I want to) (expletive) in your (expletive) mouth. (I'm going to) slap your (expletive) mouth. (I'm going to) slap your real mother across the face (laughter). (Expletive) you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you." Jonathan Martin has left the team and Incognito has been suspended indefinitely. According to Schefter, this type of abuse was not an isolated incident. Martin also has text messages from Incognito.

http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/nfl/mia/dolphins

that sounds like an exchange between 12 year old boys. Is that all they have on him? They suspend him for that? Holy Crap....I've seen worse on here.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:55 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

NFLJunkie, haven't people ON HERE been suspended and banned for acting similar to Incognito? You're take on this is very disturbing. There's a difference between standing up for yourself and dealing with constant abuse. The way I've seen you go into topic tirades and whirlwind of emotions i find it funny you keep calling out this situation as "soft" and laughable. I've witnessed you respond on an ONLINE message board very similar to how JMART has been reported to responding to the "bullying"

Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:00 pm
Profile WWW

Yeah... I think Incognito's the one that needs to watch himself in the future when in the lockerroom.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:02 pm

ToneOz wrote:
NFLJunkie, haven't people ON HERE been suspended and banned for acting similar to Incognito? You're take on this is very disturbing. There's a difference between standing up for yourself and dealing with constant abuse. The way I've seen you go into topic tirades and whirlwind of emotions i find it funny you keep calling out this situation as "soft" and laughable. I've witnessed you respond on an ONLINE message board very similar to how JMART has been reported to responding to the "bullying"

Really...I think I handle my own battles guy. No disrespect, but when I look at what incognito did it looks like run of the mill stuff in the NFL. Most of that kind of thing is corrected in house. JMart went and checked himself into a clinic and then made a bunch of public accusations. Everyone on here has gotten irritated with another poster at some point. I've yet to go run to admin for support. :hithead:

Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:10 pm

NFLJunkie wrote:
JMart went and checked himself into a clinic and then made a bunch of public accusations.

Supposedly, Martin reported this to the coaching staff back in April and got little support from them.

Now they are in CYA mode.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:12 pm

Rich wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
JMart went and checked himself into a clinic and then made a bunch of public accusations.

Supposedly, Martin reported this to the coaching staff back in April and got little support from them.

Now they are in CYA mode.

I've seen all the buddy buddy photos. So let me see if I got this right. He went to the coaching staf in April but continued to hang out with his bully. Sounds like the coaching staff probably talked with RI about it and thought they were done with it. If it was still going on, it was JM's job to go back and say it hasn't been corrected. Sorry...just still having trouble wrapping my nugget around a guy this big having bullying issues at 21. Dude is just mentally soft.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:27 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

NFLJunkie wrote:
ToneOz wrote:

Really...I think I handle my own battles guy. No disrespect, but when I look at what incognito did it looks like run of the mill stuff in the NFL. Most of that kind of thing is corrected in house. JMart went and checked himself into a clinic and then made a bunch of public accusations. Everyone on here has gotten irritated with another poster at some point. I've yet to go run to admin for support. :hithead:

Because he handled a situation you've caught yourself in differently than you would have handled the situation makes JMART less of a "MAN" than you?

Run of the mill NFL stuff? Are you in an NFL Locker Room?

You went on a tirade about the younger generation has gone SOFT and in need MILITARY training to get the mind ready for today's USA. That mentality is exactly why the MIAMI DOLPHINS are in this situation.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:29 pm
Profile WWW

NFLJunkie wrote:
He went to the coaching staf in April but continued to hang out with his bully.

There are such things as team activities...

Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:29 pm

Rich wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

I've seen team members blow up at meetings and leave. Usually a misperception of disrespect by someone else. I've yet to see one check themselves into a clinic.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:36 pm

NFLJunkie wrote:
Rich wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

I've seen team members blow up at meetings and leave. Usually a misperception of disrespect by someone else. I've yet to see one check themselves into a clinic.

He's not at a clinic. He is with his family in California.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:39 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

The problem with coverups is that they become like a shaken bottle of pop. Sooner or later someone will pull the lid off and then it's going to explode on them. The organization would do much better spilling the beans on it's self and handling discipline itself and publicly (see Miami Hurricanes), than to be secretive and try to cover this up. Forgiveness comes to the humble more readily than to the proud (see USC).

Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:43 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

NFLJunkie wrote:
Mak,

Then guys like Martin would go "Full Metal Jacket" on guys like Incognito.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:46 pm
Profile WWW

ToneOz wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
ToneOz wrote:

Because he handled a situation you've caught yourself in differently than you would have handled the situation makes JMART less of a "MAN" than you?

Run of the mill NFL stuff? Are you in an NFL Locker Room?

You went on a tirade about the younger generation has gone SOFT and in need MILITARY training to get the mind ready for today's USA. That mentality is exactly why the MIAMI DOLPHINS are in this situation.

He's less of a man than most people I've met. He's less of a man that a lot of women I've met. As far as the NFL goes you're kidding right? Just do a google about locker room issues.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... -right-now
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footb ... -1.1411260
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/6485 ... tml?pg=all

So tell me again about the NFL's great culture of dignity and respect?

The younger generation is soft. A 6'4" 320lb guy threw his tray down and stormed out like a 2 year old. Grow up, already. You feel like someone is bullying you...deal with it. People will treat you how you let them treat you. Essentially you give them a license. If they're being rude and antagonistic, don't put up with it. But, if you've let this go on for over a year and decide now you're going to throw the whole team under the bus, that's just wrong.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:57 pm

rodneyfaile wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
Mak,

Seriously...just love the sentiment here. No. Martin would kicked Ritchie's fat rear end and life would go on like nothing happened.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:00 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Okay Junkie. With that crystal ball you have why do we even have problems. If only everyone on this planet had the same thought process as you!

Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:07 pm
Profile WWW

ToneOz wrote:
Okay Junkie. With that crystal ball you have why do we even have problems. If only everyone on this planet had the same thought process as you!

If Junkie was on the Dolphins and getting bullied by Incognito, he'd be wearing diapers to work everyday...

Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:11 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

No Rich! The Military upbringing will have equipped Junkie for any mistreatment done to him! He'll just invite who ever the harasser is to a FIST PARTY!

Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:13 pm
Profile WWW

Rich wrote:
ToneOz wrote:

If Junkie was on the Dolphins and getting bullied by Incognito, he'd be wearing diapers to work everyday...

Yeah but Ritchie would've been talkin like a girl and walking with a limp... :haha

Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:52 pm

NFLJunkie wrote:
Rich wrote:
ToneOz wrote:

Yeah but Ritchie would've been talkin like a girl and walking with a limp... :haha

I'm confused, why would he be imitating you?

Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:57 pm

Because I'd be his hero. He'd wan't to be just like me....sort of what you want.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:01 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

NFLJunkie wrote:
rodneyfaile wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
Mak,

Seriously...just love the sentiment here. No. Martin would kicked Ritchie's fat rear end and life would go on like nothing happened.

It would be nice if the world worked that way, and the person in the right always triumphed over the wrong in a fight, but that isn't always the case. You shouldn't have to be physically superior to receive justice.

I get what you are saying, bullies prey on the week, and he could have used some toughening up. I agree. May have avoided the whole thing.

Also, there is still the rumor of his questionable mental state that could have contributed to his poor handling of the situation. You never know. In all seriousness, it could have went down a lot more like Full Metal Jacket or a school shooting. Those were people reacting to bullies. It could always have been worse.

Last edited by rodneyfaile on Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:03 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Makchell wrote:
Find another career Martin, this is every locker room.

100% agree...

Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:08 pm

NFLJunkie wrote:
Because I'd be his hero. He'd wan't to be just like me....sort of what you want.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next