View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ] 
 Incognito suspended indefinitely by Dolphins 
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Incognito suspended indefinitely by Dolphins
https://twitter.com/JeffDarlington/stat ... 5762758656

Philbin better be very, very careful how he handles this.

EDIT: Now Fox Sports reporting this:

Quote:
Jonathan Martin's camp alleges threatening/racially charged messages from Richie Incognito

http://msn.foxsports.com/watch/fox-spor ... a34a216699

"This is an alleged hate crime" he says in the video....This gay theory is getting legs.

Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:24 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post Incognito suspended indefinitely
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... y-dolphins

Quote:
A large portion of Sunday's NFL news cycle was devoted to Jonathan Martin's situation with the Dolphins. Martin left the team last week, but Sunday morning CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora reported that Dolphins guard Richie Incognito was the "ring leader" of the treatment that drove him away. Sunday night La Canfora reported Incognito was told by the Fins he'd been suspended indefinitely.

The bullying story no longer just has legs, but rather is off to the races. I think it's beyond obvious that heads will roll at the end of this, and I think Philbin and Ireland will ultimately be forced to take the blame.

EDIT: And judging by the severity of the suspension, it could very well be that the rumors of gay-bashing might just be true.

Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:40 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Incognito suspended indefinitely by Dolphins
Threatening his teammate? What an ass.
Incognito is one of those people that will never grow up....stuck in High School

Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:44 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

This situation just keeps elevating in the severity.

Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:48 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

phinsfansc wrote:

Tony i Think we're going to need to add about 4 linemen this offseason thru draft and free agency. Fingers crossed that Pouncey doesn't end up in prison too.

Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:51 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

swerve13 wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:

Tony i Think we're going to need to add about 4 linemen this offseason thru draft and free agency. Fingers crossed that Pouncey doesn't end up in prison too.

You very well could be correct. We have to hope Pouncey was not stupid and got himself wrapped up in business with Hernandez.

This is really turning into a nightmare.

Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:54 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Good. The O-line played pretty well with him out. It also played well without Martin. This situation is so bizarre not really sure whats true and whats false. But if he was threatening his teammate(s) it erases what I have said in previous threads. When you threaten someones well being it's a whole lot different then peer pressuring them into doing something.

I'd have to say that this suspension has to do a bit with what he tweeted at Adam Schefter.
I really hope this doesn't spill out onto the field and they stay focused on Tampa Bay and making a run at the playoffs. I have a really bad feeling about this Tampa game.

Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:57 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

phinsfansc wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:

You very well could be correct. We have to hope Pouncey was not stupid and got himself wrapped up in business with Hernandez.

This is really turning into a nightmare.

the Philbin Watch. LOL

Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:24 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Quote:
Incognito himself confirmed the suspension to NFL.com and FOX Sports. It's a sign the team is taking Martin's allegations seriously, and potentially leaves the Dolphins without two starting linemen for Week 10. At this point, we're likely to see Martin back before Incognito, whose history of off-the-field issues and on-the-field shenanigans is working against him.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/329 ... -incognito

Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:21 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Re: Incognito suspended indefinitely
DevilInPgh wrote:
EDIT: And judging by the severity of the suspension, it could very well be that the rumors of gay-bashing might just be true.

Why are you bringing gay bashing into this? Do you have a link concerning Martin and Incognito on this?

Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:31 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

What is with gay bashing? Is Martin gay?

Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:03 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I remember last year when Richie got into fight and was almost everyone was defending him on the boards. Add up his off field BS and you are surprised? Character...

Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:06 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Makchell wrote:
I remember last year when Richie got into fight and was almost everyone was defending him on the boards. Add up his off field BS and you are surprised? Character...

Lot's of players in all sports...You like them when they are on your team.But you really hate them when they play for someone else's.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:15 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Kev1321 wrote:
Lot's of players in all sports...You like them when they are on your team.But you really hate them when they play for someone else's.

Well, Richie has straightened himself up on the field. He's gotten control of his temper and plays every play 100% and does not stop until the whistle blows. I'd love to have a whole roster of guys like that. Unfortunately, if all this is true about him then I totally agree about the indefinite suspension. I'd make permanent.

I am interested to hear if Martin approached the coaches on this. I had this same situation happen about 15 years ago due to my skin not being white. Nothing got done until I was starting to head to HR to escalate the problem. My boss was demoted and the two leaders (of the 10) involved were let go. Surely the OL coach could see something going on.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:23 am
Profile WWW

Makchell wrote:

Anthony,
most hear will defend anything a Dolphin player does but will have no doubt of the guilt of an opposing divisional player. That is not a knock on anybody but is just human nature.
We live in a glass house over here & threw stones at the Hernandez situation while obviously not as extreme.
This whole story is still early & so weird to make any judgements but one thing is for sure is that it is just another embarrassment to a franchise that has lost its luster of the far past.
And if this Pouncey thing gains strength no telling where things will head.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:31 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

In the Dolphins vs. Bengals game program that I got Thursday, they had an interview article with Richie Incognito that was focused on "Halloween" centric questions. I know this doesn't have to do with this set of issues directly, but the question was asked:

Who on the team can you "Scare" the easiest and his answer: Jonathan Martin.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:53 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Armando Salguero wrote:
And here we thought the biggest problem with the Miami offensive line was sacks.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins ... rylink=cpy

:boo:

Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:59 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Well, I'm saddened that this has happened to our team. I can't/don't condone any bullying, but we're not talking about teenagers here, we're talking about grown men. RI wasn't right, but geez, at some point, Martin has to buck up and say 'NO'... This is just as much Martin as anyone else in the locker room... And he was part of some of the other pranks... I call BS on Martin on this one...grow a pair and take care of yourself. He'd never make it in the business world...

Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:19 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Big Dave wrote:
Armando Salguero wrote:
And here we thought the biggest problem with the Miami offensive line was sacks.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins ... rylink=cpy

:boo:

That's just Mando jumping on any negative news about the Fins as he can...

Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:21 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Well, I'm saddened that this has happened to our team. I can't/don't condone any bullying, but we're not talking about teenagers here, we're talking about grown men. RI wasn't right, but geez, at some point, Martin has to buck up and say 'NO'... This is just as much Martin as anyone else in the locker room... And he was part of some of the other pranks... I call BS on Martin on this one...grow a pair and take care of yourself. He'd never make it in the business world...

Although from a high level, I understand your comments and these are grown adults.

However, IMO we need more facts before you can really say this, don't you think? How can you call BS when NONE of us really know the extent of what either happened or didn't happen. The facts will come out, then I believe that is the time to either call BS on Martin or not.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:30 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Makchell wrote:

Actually it was this offseason and the official police report stated that Incognito was the one punched and there was no evidence that he retaliated.

Just saying...

Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:53 am

Big Dave wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:

Well, Richie has straightened himself up on the field. He's gotten control of his temper and plays every play 100% and does not stop until the whistle blows. I'd love to have a whole roster of guys like that. Unfortunately, if all this is true about him then I totally agree about the indefinite suspension. I'd make permanent.

I am interested to hear if Martin approached the coaches on this. I had this same situation happen about 15 years ago due to my skin not being white. Nothing got done until I was starting to head to HR to escalate the problem. My boss was demoted and the two leaders (of the 10) involved were let go. Surely the OL coach could see something going on.

Martin spoke with Philbin about it in the offseason.

And Dave, you shouldn't have been so sensitive. The I/T environment is a tough one and that type of stuff happens. You should have just manned up and taken it *sarcasm*.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:54 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I don't see how a man can be bullied. Ignore Richie and he will go away.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:25 am

Makchell wrote:

I agree, the best way to deal with a bully is to bully him back.

However, Jonathan Martin comes from a different background. 3 generations of Harvard graduates and he went to Stanford. I'm assuming the locker room at Standford is completely different from the locker room at say, the University of Miami or USC.

Totally different backgrounds.

When you don't grow up in a tough environment, you're not sure how to handle it once you're in it.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:28 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

So much for drafting a smart guy over a dummy that don't mind getting picked on

Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:35 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Rich wrote:
Makchell wrote:

I agree, the best way to deal with a bully is to bully him back.

However, Jonathan Martin comes from a different background. 3 generations of Harvard graduates and he went to Stanford. I'm assuming the locker room at Standford is completely different from the locker room at say, the University of Miami or USC.

Totally different backgrounds.

When you don't grow up in a tough environment, you're not sure how to handle it once you're in it.

I wouldn't know what to do...

Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:37 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Big Dave wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:

:awe:

Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:04 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post Re: Incognito suspended indefinitely
Big Dave wrote:
DevilInPgh wrote:

Why are you bringing gay bashing into this? Do you have a link concerning Martin and Incognito on this?

To me, such an explanation makes the most sense. However, I could be wrong. It could very well be the "using players as an ATM" problem. Well, that or Jonathan Martin could be bullied for perhaps not being neurotypical, in which case we would have the NFL's first autistic player. It's essentially take your guess.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:29 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
And Dave, you shouldn't have been so sensitive. The I/T environment is a tough one and that type of stuff happens. You should have just manned up and taken it *sarcasm*.

LMAO!!!

Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:13 pm

degs wrote:
Rich wrote:

LMAO!!!

or he could've slammed his homemade macaroni and cheese down in front of the bullies and ran home to mom and dad. That would've solved it.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:17 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Adam Beasley said on sports radio today that Incognito keeps a sign at his locker that says Richie hates 2 things in life, taxes and rookies.

Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:56 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

swerve13 wrote:
Adam Beasley said on sports radio today that Incognito keeps a sign at his locker that says Richie hates 2 things in life, taxes and rookies.

Sounds like a joke. Martin is not a rookie.

Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]