View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
 Do the Dolphins have enough leadership? 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Do the Dolphins have enough leadership?
I guess we will see on Sunday against Tampa Bay.

ESPN wrote:
Do the Dolphins have enough leadership?

Analysis: There is no questioning Miami’s talent. The team spent more than $200 million in free-agent contracts and has impressive wins over the Indianapolis Colts and Bengals, who are both expected to make the playoffs. But do the Dolphins have enough leadership in their locker room to stay together and make a playoff run? Miami has issues on the field and within their locker room, particularly with the situation involving starting right tackle Jonathan Martin. He left the team last week due to a lunchroom incident, and there has been reports of bullying and harassment within the locker room. The good teams stay together. The Dolphins say they take these allegations very seriously and need to move past this in order to make a playoff push.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/ ... -questions

Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:00 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Post Re: Do the Dolphins have enough leadership?
No.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:03 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Enough?

Sounds like they don't have any.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:08 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I think Incognito was the leader.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:08 pm
Profile WWW

rodneyfaile wrote:

Bahahahahaha...

Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:11 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Rich wrote:
rodneyfaile wrote:

Bahahahahaha...

:)

...that is sad but could be true.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:21 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Apparently, Richie Incognito filmed a "Code Of Conduct" for the Dolphins:

http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/pulp/2013/11/richie_incognito_shot_a_code_o.php

The video, which was to be played on the Sun Life Stadium jumbo tron, shows Incognito playing croquet with classical music in the background.

"Hi. I'm Richie Incognito," he says as the video begins. "On the field, players have called me overly aggressive. While off the field.... I'm quite civilized."

Incognito then adds, "Please be respectful and civilized..."

To which the Dolphins' Big Voice Guy chimes in with:

"Please do not use foul or abusive language.... fighting, taunting, or threatening remarks are prohibited."

So... Much.... Irony...

There is a link to a Youtube video of it, but the video has been removed. I would love to have seen it.

Dolphins choice for leadership!

Last edited by rodneyfaile on Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:07 pm
Profile WWW

rodneyfaile wrote:

http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/pulp/2013/11/richie_incognito_shot_a_code_o.php

There is a link to a Youtube video of it, but the video has been removed. I would love to have seen it.

He was telling fans to not be unruly while playing croquette (sp?).

Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:08 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

The lack of leadership from the highest level of this organization down to the players is sorely lacking. Joe Philbin looks absolutely incompetent right now.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:16 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rich wrote:
rodneyfaile wrote:

He was telling fans to not be unruly while playing croquette (sp?).

I hope that video resurfaces on Youtube!

Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:46 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

This is the biggest story in the Country right now. All morning news shows started out with major coverage. The Team is under a thousand microscopes.

Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:27 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

shularino wrote:
This is the biggest story in the Country right now. All morning news shows started out with major coverage. The Team is under a thousand microscopes.

Wait till Monday night!

Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:12 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

rodneyfaile wrote:
shularino wrote:

Wait till Monday night!

I'm going to this game.

Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:23 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

bobby0112 wrote:
rodneyfaile wrote:
shularino wrote:

Wait till Monday night!

I'm going to this game.

Want me to FedEx you my Incognito jersey?

Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:16 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

rodneyfaile wrote:
bobby0112 wrote:
rodneyfaile wrote:
I'm going to this game.

Want me to FedEx you my Incognito jersey?

Thanks but I am going to pass. :) I'm wearing my Brandon Marshall Jersey in the 1st half and My Ocho Cinco Jersey in the 2nd half.

Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:19 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Do head roll as a result then? We also are down two offensive lineman. That sacks allowed record within our reach.

Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:04 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

This entire ordeal has turned into a fiasco. I am still saying neutral on my opinions until this gets shook out more and I wouldn't be surprised if Incognito is back playing for the Dolphins again.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:23 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
Smack in the middle of a media firestorm that has not died down this week, key Miami Dolphins players took exception to their leadership being questioned both inside the locker room and from the coaching staff.

Starting quarterback Ryan Tanehill, one of six members of the team’s leadership council that was voted on by the players, stepped to the podium today for the first time since the story about his two offensive linemen – Richie Incognito and Jonathan Martin – broke over the weekend. On the field Tannehill is the field general on offense, commanding the huddle, and he took command of his press conference in similar fashion, explaining how he handles his role.

“Being a leader on this team, you want to step in and help anybody who’s dealing with something,” said Tannehill, who like Martin is in his second season in the National Football League. “If I had any idea that this was an issue, that he (Martin) was struggling, of course I would have constantly checked on him, ‘How are you doing? How are things going? Just making sure you’re okay.’ You can never judge another man for what they’re going through. Everyone deals with something different in life and just to have no idea that this was even going on is tough for me because you can’t help a situation that you didn’t know existed, that no one on this team knew existed.

“We have a bunch of good guys in this locker room and to be put in a situation where everyone’s attacking the locker room and saying it’s such a bad place, it’s such a bad culture and no leadership to stand up and stop the situation, no one knew there was a situation to be stopped. So it’s really tough for us to sit here and hear all of that when we have each other’s backs, and I wouldn’t have a problem stopping a situation that was occurring.” ...

“I think more than anything what’s been bothering me is kind of the things that you hear from outside this locker room about things that maybe undermine the integrity of the leadership or the type of players or class of guys we have here or the class of this organization,” Wake said. “I’ve been here five years and Coach Philbin has done nothing but turn this organization in a positive direction from top to bottom, and to hear some things about what’s not going on here or what is going on here, it’s unfortunate, it’s wrong, it’s ridiculous and it’s hard to hear. ...

“I don’t know why that’s a question, honestly. I don’t know why even leadership is a question,” said Grimes, who has two interceptions on the season. “We go out there and play football. We fight to the end, you can see that if you just put on the tape and that takes leadership and a bunch of guys that want to do what they have to do to play this game and we obviously do. Everything might not go our way but you can’t ever say on the field that we just are quitters and that takes leadership itself.”

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/artic ... a20a65c664

Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:42 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I'd feel the way Wake and Grimes feels too. I hope they smoke the Bucs Monday night. I will be the only Fin fan in a sea of Buc scum.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:53 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Makchell wrote:
I'd feel the way Wake and Grimes feels too. I hope they smoke the Bucs Monday night. I will be the only Fin fan in a sea of Buc scum.

I love the player responses. They seem genuinely pissed that they were called into question and the whole media world jumped the gun.

It may still come down to Incognito being a menace that a lot of people didn't realize but rather than collapse the team seems to be developing an Us Vs The World mentality and that will carry over to games.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:10 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
"To challenge the leaders, to character of this locker room is wrong," receiver Brian Hartline who also said Martin rarely hung around his teammates, and when he did it was Incognito who had coerced him to come out.

We do have leaders. We do have guys that do stay focused. We have guys that do believe in the process, and do believe in coach [Joe] Philbin, and coach [Jim] Turner, and the O-line coaches, and Mike Sherman," Hartline continued. "We understand, whether people believe it or not, winning cures all."

While the tone of the locker room seemed to favor Incognito, Hartline stressed the team isn't picking sides.

"It's about telling what's true, and what's not truth," Hartline said. "Richie is a guy that is purely having his past haunt him right now. That's all that's happening. He's a guy that I enjoy hanging out with. He's a guy that I trust." ...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... ?track=rss

Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]