View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Back to Football 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Post Back to Football
Too much nonsense about the Incognito Martin situation all over the news. Its all there is on the web right now, and granted, it probably deserves the attention. But hey, every thread since Sunday has been about it.

So lets do something refreshing.... What do we need to know about Tampa at Tampa on Monday Night?

Does Glennon scare anyone on our defense?

Doug Martin's status, will he play?

How are Revis' undergarments, boxers or briefs?

Schiano, will he be fired before or after the game.... some one start a pool

Will the Bucs inch closer to the dreaded 0-16 mark?

Can Miami pull over .500 and into the wildcard position?

Wake-Zilla.... 3 sack encore?

Should Grimes cover V Jax?

Can Miami rush for 150+ in three consecutive weeks?

Will we have a Dion Jordan sighting?

Lets talk Dolphins Football! Im done with Ritchie and J-Mart. Both won't be playing, so lets talk about the guys that will!

Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:44 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Back to Football
Lmao I agree. Playing in Tampa is like a 9th home game, there will be a lot of Dolphin fans there. I can't imagine the criticism if we lose to the 0-9 Bucs, their roster actually looked solid before the season. Any team will struggle with a QB controversy, and that is what they're dealing with. We should handle them easily, so I'm definitely picking Miami, but ya never know.

Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:15 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

According some of the local reporters the players are starting to adopt an Us vs The World attitude over all this drama. I love it.

The Bucs don't really scare me and I think Mike Glennon can be baited into some dumb throws. He tends to be aggressive. Hopefully Miami's defense forces him to replicate the Brandon Weeden performance from Week 1.

Time for a statement from the offense. Not just turnover free, but put up points. Step on the throat early. If Nick Foles can throw 7 TD passes then I'd like to see Tannehill pad his stats a bit.

Mike Wallace needs a big game. And I'd love to see Egnew have a breakout performance.

How's that for optimism.

Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:10 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

It's gonna be closer then people would want it to be. The media will blame THAT on all the off the field issues swarming around even though it wont be because of that all. The Buc remind me of the Dolphins of 07. They are in pretty much every game they play even against big opponents and sometimes have the lead.
This isn't the same as playing the Jags. I think Miami has an advantage though. There will be more Dolphins fans there then they usually see on the road.

Dolphins: 31
Tampa: 20

It will be a game until the end when Miami pulls away.

Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:15 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

this game has all the ingredients to be a big sinkhole for us to fall into,,,,,don't forget that the bucs are not as bad as their record.

Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:56 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

I think Miami should win this game decisively. Ok, that being said I do have a few concerns....

Revis matched up on Hartline. If that Happens, we may have a rough game. Knowing that T-Hill loves the sideline comebacks, and curls to Hartline on third down, Revis being as good as he is (not as good as advertised) is definitely smart enough to read those tendencies, and aggressive enough to jump those routes on a regular basis. Hartline matched up on Revis seems like a loss to me.

That being said, The game plan is going to have to be built prepared to have that taken away. So yes, Wallace needs a BIG BIG Game. Get him involved early, and often, and make Revis have to cover him. If that can be done, Hartline will be open on 3rd downs. So yea, Wallace needs to get some action to open up the field since Revis can take half of it away. Id rather Revis take Wallace away than Hartline, since Hartline has that clutch catch gene and moves the sticks.

Not having Gibson will probably hurt, I want to see Egnew in the slot possibly, could cause some match up problems. I expect Clay to have a good 5-6 catches which is becoming a norm.

I want to see the Dolphins shorten the game with the run. Built a lead, and put it away with the running game, which I think is very possible this week, and could be a huge confidence builder for this Offense which is starting to question themselves after all this nonsense going on.

I expect the Defense to lead the charge. I might even expect a defensive touchdown this week, Glennon is not experienced enough to deal with Wake Zilla, and may be frazzled into interceptions early.

Biggest thing to worry bout is Miami playing DOWN to the competition. This needs to be a statement game. Prove that the sh*t storm brewing in the locker room is a non factor and win by 2 scores on a national audience. Put it away early, and ride the wave of the defense.

I expect a 24-10 type win, maybe 24-13

Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:05 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Back to football is right. they are both off the team and I believe one is a sissy and one needs to grow up. Let's get ready for Monday night.

Fins 31
Bucs 17

Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:09 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

I agree this game may be much tighter than we hope it will, but we should win. Mike Glennon isnt as easily shaken and confused as a rookie might be. He looked very solid against Seattle with NO INTs, scrambled to keep plays alive and threw the ball away when needed. He was sacked 3x so Cam and crew should have a good chance on some impact plays there.

The Bucs have been more physical than we have in recent meetings. I want us to turn that around. Their RB Mike James had 130+yds against Seattle so we need to be ready for that. And as pointed out earlier, they have been in every single game until the final minutes this year. Every game! They could easily be 6-2.

I finally gave credit to OC Sherman for mixing it up a little last week. I hope we dont go back to same ol plays he was running. Keep the tempo up, create more mismatches, get the ball to our guys in space. Did anyone notice we ran more screen plays in that game than we did in probably every game this year! Finally!!

And if someone can buy Mike Wallace some "stick um" so he can catch a long TD please....

Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:54 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

How bad is our Oline when we just lost 2 starters & it doesn't even seem to phase anyone

Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:08 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

I dont think it will be as bad as we think. I think the biggest problem is quality depth. We have 8 games left and not a person on our bench now has any real NFL experience (except Watkins). So if we lose another then we need to worry, like really worry. Garner will be fine at OG and Clabo goes back to RT. We lost 2 out of 3 people who were responsible for most of the sacks. So (gulp) how bad could it get?

Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:24 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

SkyHigh314 wrote:
How are Revis' undergarments, boxers or briefs?

Revis plays man to man, so I'd guess briefs. Boxers seem more like zone coverage.

SkyHigh314 wrote:
Schiano, will he be fired before or after the game.... some one start a pool
Will the Bucs inch closer to the dreaded 0-16 mark?

The bucs have a real disaster on their hands. I am sure the media on Monday night will be sure to let the whole country know how bad the staff of both teams are, but I'd say Schiano wins in a landslide as worst coach, and they do look to be headed to 0-16.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:40 am
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

FINesse wrote:
How bad is our Oline when we just lost 2 starters & it doesn't even seem to phase anyone

Its pretty bad. But in terms of reaction, we witnessed their replacements perform admirably against a pretty solid defense. If Garner and Clabo each gave up 2 sacks or didn't open any holes for Miller then this would be a big topic of discussion.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]