View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ] 
 Sources Ireland Suggest Martin Confront Incognito Physically 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Post Sources Ireland Suggest Martin Confront Incognito Physically
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... hysically/ if true he has to go asap.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:24 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Sources Ireland Suggest Martin Confront Incognito Physically
Yeah this whole thing is getting blown up. Philbin, Ireland....

If this is true, they knew the bullying was a problem. That's pretty damning.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:39 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

this comment cracked me up

Quote:
The Glee generation has no idea how to deal with people that aren’t giving them a trophy.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:28 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I wish Ireland would take his own advice and try to punch Incognito.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:25 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

swerve13 wrote:
this comment cracked me up

Quote:
The Glee generation has no idea how to deal with people that aren’t giving them a trophy.

+1

Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:18 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

PFT wrote:
Ireland’s comments to Smith, coupled with Wednesday’s comments from multiple players, also supports Martin’s eventual conclusion that the team wasn’t inclined to do anything about the situation without Martin taking a stand — not by fighting Incognito but by walking out.

Actually, this is probably the best way for Martin to get Cogs off his back before Ireland steps in. You do not want your fellow players to think you are a rat. If this would happen in practice the coaches would step in.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:25 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Yeah, but maybe Ireland was joking, so it makes it OK. Just like Incognito was joking, right?

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:24 am

Tell Martin he's a pansy and needs to punch Incognito. OK buddy, call me back.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:29 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

If this is true

PR, this is where I stand right now. Too many so called sources coming out and throwing people under the bus. None of us really know went on and I do not condone any racism or bullying, I just believe this was all handled in a terrible manner. I don't know enough whether to point at Martin in anyway or if he truly felt alone and alienated. However, a part of me believes that this is a close fraternity of a work environment and I have heard too many instances where Richie was a supporter to Martin too. I am not saying this isn't all possible, but for me, I find it hard to believe that all of this was actually intended as being malicious by Incognito, because that is basically what he is being accused on for threatening at Martin and making his life miserable, yet in another breath out of someone else's mouth is they were good friends and even hung out together....

This is like a tennis match....back and forth....back and forth with more comments and speculation.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:34 am

Finhead34 wrote:
If this is true

PR, this is where I stand right now. Too many so called sources coming out and throwing people under the bus. None of us really know went on and I do not condone any racism or bullying, I just believe this was all handled in a terrible manner. I don't know enough whether to point at Martin in anyway or if he truly felt alone and alienated. However, a part of me believes that this is a close fraternity of a work environment and I have heard too many instances where Richie was a supporter to Martin too. I am not saying this isn't all possible, but for me, I find it hard to believe that all of this was actually intended as being malicious by Incognito, because that is basically what he is being accused on for threatening at Martin and making his life miserable, yet in another breath out of someone else's mouth is they were good friends and even hung out together....

This is like a tennis match....back and forth....back and forth with more comments and speculation.

Yep, media fueled and source fueled.

Too many sources with too many special interests. Agents, representatives, team officials, NFLPA officials, league officials.

Even the players are giving us contradicting information.

It's all over the place. It is a clusterfork.

It might be time to stop paying attention to this story. It's a bad movie right now. Or better yet, a soap opera with ridiculous twists and never ending drama.

And bad actors.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:37 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

It is a clusterfork.

It might be time to stop paying attention to this story. It's a bad movie right now. Or better yet, a soap opera with ridiculous twists and never ending drama.

And bad actors.

Ha! Ha! @ clusterfork!!! Funny!! I actually had to use the word "Wuss" because the site auto-corrected my original word used!!

I agree with you as this is a bad movie with "B" level acting. You cannot get away with not seeing anything on this topic. Man, I sure hope Miami comes out and plays ticked off Monday night and somehow uses this us against the world mentality.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:43 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

It's horrible.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:47 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

So the only thing Ireland mentioned was the word "punch" in an entire conversation?

Again, we're talking about context and so much of it is missing as the media conducts its witch hunt.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:29 am

Rock Sexton wrote:
So the only thing Ireland mentioned was the word "punch" in an entire conversation?

Again, we're talking about context and so much of it is missing as the media conducts its witch hunt.

I think a lot of context will be thrown out as part of the investigation as well.

They are going to focus on facts and try avoid being subjective as much as possible.

That's why regardless of the context, and I think most of us figured Incognito was joking, that voicemail was a dumb move on his part.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:33 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

that voicemail was a dumb move on his part.

I cannot even begin to imagine how many voice mails and/or text messages are left messing around and throwing names and funny slurs at one another around the NFL. It just so happens Incognito's have been saved and now being used against him. Of course, the speculation remains, was Martin really bullied or felt threatened in anyway?

Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:04 am

Finhead34 wrote:
that voicemail was a dumb move on his part.

I cannot even begin to imagine how many voice mails and/or text messages are left messing around and throwing names and funny slurs at one another around the NFL. It just so happens Incognito's have been saved and now being used against him. Of course, the speculation remains, was Martin really bullied or felt threatened in anyway?

What other reason would he be going through all this if he didn't feel that way?

Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:06 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

What other reason would he be going through all this if he didn't feel that way?

As straight forward of an answer it may seem, that is still a good question to me at this moment.

However, my real point is I bet there are hundreds and hundreds of voice mails and text messages that could be used against many. However, I do realize Martin "really" felt threatened in some way, which that is what it seems being he has gone through the trouble of walking out and reporting all this OR he is potentially off in the head in some way.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:21 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:

I'm just theorizing Rich ...... so caution .......

Money man. The moment he stormed out of that cafeteria, the media was already on him. The guy has some kind of social/mental disorders he's trying to work through, but in an effort to save his own butt because he walked away from the team - he concocted the "I've been bullied story" with his family. They're trying to make sure he gets his money because I really don't see any NFL locker room wanting him. He's not even an elite talent.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:27 am

Rock Sexton wrote:
Rich wrote:

Money man. The moment he stormed out of that cafeteria, the media was already on him. The guy has some kind of social/mental disorders he's trying to work through, but in an effort to save his own butt because he walked away from the team - he concocted the "I've been bullied story" with his family. They're trying to make sure he gets his money because I really don't see any NFL locker room wanting him. He's not even an elite talent.

There's one significant gap with that theory.

The purported conversation between Ireland and Martin's agent took place before the cafeteria incident.

So it would appear that there were concerns about how Martin was being treated (or how he was handling how he was being treated) before his cafeteria breakdown.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:37 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Rich wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
Rich wrote:

There's one significant gap with that theory.

The purported conversation between Ireland and Martin's agent took place before the cafeteria incident.

So it would appear that there were concerns about how Martin was being treated (or how he was handling how he was being treated) before his cafeteria breakdown.

Actually, a latter correction said that the phone call was after, not before.

I really don't know what to believe with this story anymore. I'm adamantly anti-bullying, but I'm also a football fan that knows how players are supposed to be "broken down" in a proper fashion before they are brought back up.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:13 pm

DevilInPgh wrote:

Link?

Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:14 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Rich wrote:
DevilInPgh wrote:

Link?

Same link as above. It's just posted as an addendum.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:15 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rich wrote:
Yep, media fueled and source fueled.

Too many sources with too many special interests. Agents, representatives, team officials, NFLPA officials, league officials.

Even the players are giving us contradicting information.

It's all over the place. It is a clusterfork.

It might be time to stop paying attention to this story...

Rich wrote:
That's why regardless of the context, and I think most of us figured Incognito was joking, that voicemail was a dumb move on his part.

Yes and yes.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:01 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Ireland and Co are now permanently tied to this, there is no saving them..

New VP/GM, new coaching staff, new start...

Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:27 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Gotta love how this story keeps changing and every single time people jump to a conclusion that then gets reversed.

If I were a betting man I'd put my money on the following happening:

Nothing happens to anyone on management. They all keep their jobs and skate on the they didn't know anything defense. Ireland and Philbin will be back next year.

Martin will never play another down in the NFL but will cut a deal to get paid the rest of his contract and maybe a payoff to drop the subject.

Incognito will be paid by the Dolphins for this year and suit up for another team next year.

The NFL will begin doing PSA's about racist and harmful language and how it is not appropriate in any locker room.

The team will unite like 2011 and have a better 2nd half which is why I think Philbin and Ireland will be back.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:34 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

didnt the NBA have an anti racism campaign?
I've heard that baseball and basketball do a better job with sensitivity training in the locker rooms because there are so many different races of players in those leagues, the NFL for the most part is heavy black and white.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:37 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

jammer wrote:
Nothing happens to anyone on management. They all keep their jobs and skate on the they didn't know anything defense. Ireland and Philbin will be back next year.
----
The team will unite like 2011 and have a better 2nd half which is why I think Philbin and Ireland will be back.

Better 2nd half is an understatement.. We finish 10-6 or better, they have a chance. Otherwise I do not think this incident would have made much of a difference.

If it never happened and this team continued to blow big leads, be out coached and have the play calling publicly questioned while finishing at .500 or worse they would have all been replaced regardless of this.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:18 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

10acjed wrote:
Better 2nd half is an understatement.. We finish 10-6 or better, they have a chance. Otherwise I do not think this incident would have made much of a difference.

If it never happened and this team continued to blow big leads, be out coached and have the play calling publicly questioned while finishing at .500 or worse they would have all been replaced regardless of this.

I still think 9-7 is good enough for Ross to keep them around. That is a 5-3 second half which includes some hard road games.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]