View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Martin went to S.Florida hospital for emotional distress 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Martin went to S.Florida hospital for emotional distress
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/99363 ... i-dolphins

Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:18 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Martin went to S.Florida hospital for emotional distress
Quote:
Miami Dolphins offensive tackle Jonathan Martin recently checked himself into a South Florida hospital to be treated for emotional distress that led the second-year player to leave the team last week, league sources told ESPN.

Martin was visited at the hospital by Dolphins coach Joe Philbin, and the organization arranged for his parents to travel to South Florida, the sources said.

Martin's hospital stay was brief before he returned to California with his parents, according to sources.

The specific treatment of Martin's emotional condition was not disclosed, but sources say it was related to his belief that he had been targeted during a sustained level of harassment from teammates, including suspended guard Richie Incognito.

Martin did not disclose to Philbin any specific incident of harassment or bullying when the coach made the hospital visit, sources said.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:19 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rock Sexton wrote:
Quote:
Miami Dolphins offensive tackle Jonathan Martin recently checked himself into a South Florida hospital to be treated for emotional distress that led the second-year player to leave the team last week, league sources told ESPN.

Martin was visited at the hospital by Dolphins coach Joe Philbin, and the organization arranged for his parents to travel to South Florida, the sources said.

Martin's hospital stay was brief before he returned to California with his parents, according to sources.

The specific treatment of Martin's emotional condition was not disclosed, but sources say it was related to his belief that he had been targeted during a sustained level of harassment from teammates, including suspended guard Richie Incognito.

Martin did not disclose to Philbin any specific incident of harassment or bullying when the coach made the hospital visit, sources said.

So if the charge is plural, against teammates, I wonder how many other Phins could be suspended?

Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:51 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

AQNOR wrote:

So if the charge is plural, against teammates, I wonder how many other Phins could be suspended?

LOL .. the entire offensive line except for McKinney who was just signed?

:haha

I wonder how much the frustration of being criticized daily this season by the media and fans played into his stress levels.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:55 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

on the radio they said him checking into that hospital is a lawyer move. So were the saving of texts and voicemails.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:38 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Martin is becoming the bad guy in this.

Perhaps the Dolphins locker room was more extreme that any he had been in before, and Incognito was probably a significant part of that. He tried to fit in, but just wasn't able to take it and lashed out.

It sounds like the Dolphins atmosphere is more extreme that even some other NFL teams. Many don't allow any type of hazing. Maybe Philbin should have monitored matters more closely.

A lot of damage has been done, and a lot if blame is going around. It all comes down to Martin telling the team he was having a problem. If he did, then the team is to blame for not squashing it, if he didn't, then Martin's actions are questionable.

I think it will end with the Dolphins claiming he said nothing, Martin claiming he did, and remain unresolved.

Just a mess.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:00 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Do you know what I think? I think there was a lot of job performance pressure he was dealing with on top of all of this.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:27 am
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I wonder if Martin's diagnosis will be released?

Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:53 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]