Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:04 pm 
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/99411 ... smith-says

I am finding it hard to accept this as a hazing, bullying or racist issue. All of these are done to intentionally hurt someone. It seems to me this is a situation where a team (players and coaches) did everything they could think of to motivate a player to take over the left tackle position, and did it very aggressively.

No one benefits from JMart failing when the collective team goal is to win a super bowl and get paid. Left tackle is arguably the most important position on the team next to quarterback. You want your left tackle to be in peek mental and physical condition. I find it very unlikely that they didn't resign Jake Long and gave JMart the position while allowing other team members to pick on him for two years for the fun of it. If that ends up being the situation well shame on them.

Jmart just seems like the kinda guy who couldn't handle it for whatever the reason. Incogninto's tactics, losing the left tackle Job (a few days before this happened which no one is talking about) negative comments on fan boards, thrashing's by coaches (I would be shocked if the coaches weren't tearing him apart every monday about his performance over the weekend). It all added up.

I am not excusing the tactics to motivate him, people will lose their jobs because of it, nor am I willing to comment on whether it is right or wrong because I do not know personally what goes on inside an NFL locker room. But the media needs to stop turning this into a witch hunt and stop proclaiming this a racial or bullying issue before we get all the facts. And Adam Schefter needs to lose his job....

And for you Dolphin fans who are calling for coaches to lose their jobs, pull back the reigns and settle down a bit. You do not know the full story, stop acting like Jet fans!!! Your better than that!!

Last edited by Crash on Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:33 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Crash wrote:
And for you Dolphin fans who are calling for coaches to lose their jobs, pull back the reigns and settle down a bit. You do not know the full story, stop acting like Jet fans!!! Your better than that!!

I totally agree.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:40 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Big Dave wrote:
Crash wrote:

I totally agree.

What if I wanted them fired prior to this? I wasnt looking for a mid season firing, but watching them be outcoached, blow big leads and continue to not do what is working as the game went on made me lose faith in them..

Only reason we beat Cinci was Coyle's blitz package and Cam Wake... The offense fell flat again in the 2nd half

Not too mention we have an extremely mobile QB that is accurate with throws on the run, and we just have do drop backs over and over... Ugghhh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:27 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

10acjed wrote:

What if I wanted them fired prior to this? I wasnt looking for a mid season firing, but watching them be outcoached, blow big leads and continue to not do what is working as the game went on made me lose faith in them..

Only reason we beat Cinci was Coyle's blitz package and Cam Wake... The offense fell flat again in the 2nd half

Not too mention we have an extremely mobile QB that is accurate with throws on the run, and we just have do drop backs over and over... Ugghhh

Not sure if I was at the point of wanting to fire them like you said but man I sure agree with some of the stuff you wrote and the frustration that goes along with it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:34 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Quote:
As the Richie Incognito-Jonathan Martin situation continues to unfold, agents connected to each player will continue to hear from reporters who are chasing the next wave of news. And it won’t be the usual army of NFL reporters; the agents will be hearing from folks who otherwise don’t work the NFL beat.

On Thursday, ESPN’s Mark Schwarz — a non-NFL beat guy — contacted agent Rick Smith to discuss Jonathan Martin. Schwarz then reported that Smith said Martin had issues with multiple players on the team.

After Schwarz’s report appeared on ESPN, Smith denied providing that information to Schwarz on Twitter: “I have no independent knowledge of anything Mark Schwartz from ESPN attributed to myself. I’ve never heard of [Schwarz] until today.” ...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -dolphins/

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:08 pm 
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Not surprising Aqnor, yet another example of poor reporting from ESPN. you would have thought they would have learned their lesson from the Bernie Fine fiasco.

They need to stick with injury reports and fantasy stats.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:42 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Crash wrote:
Not surprising Aqnor, yet another example of poor reporting from ESPN. you would have thought they would have learned their lesson from the Bernie Fine fiasco.

They need to stick with injury reports and fantasy stats.

Why am I not surprised that stories not coming out of Adam Schefter's mouth are usually rumor?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:52 pm 
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Here is another, check out the article from Phinsider. Seems like Ireland's comments about punching incongnito were made AFTER Jmart left the team.

http://www.thephinsider.com/2013/11/7/5 ... n-delicate

Once again another article eventualy ran without proper information. As someone that runs a media portfolio and understands editorial integrity I am disgusted! Whats worse is how these media outlets cover their as@#$ for inept reporting by taking down links to articles or making subtle comments or changes to the text.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:55 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Crash wrote:
Here is another, check out the article from Phinsider. Seems like Ireland's comments about punching incongnito were made AFTER Jmart left the team.

http://www.thephinsider.com/2013/11/7/5 ... n-delicate

Once again another article eventualy ran without proper information. As someone that runs a media portfolio and understands editorial integrity I am disgusted! Whats worse is how these media outlets cover their as@#$ for inept reporting by taking down links to articles or making subtle comments or changes to the text.

Shhhhh there's someone I know on here likes the other version much better.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:09 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Shhhhh there's someone I know on here likes the other version much better.

Or is it this version? Or the version where we can get the most pages.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:53 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Crash wrote:
Left tackle is arguably the most important position on the team next to quarterback.

I strongly disagree, having an average LT on the roster is serviceable in leading a team to a Superbowl. All it takes is a great quarterback, a middle of the pack defense, and an above average supporting cast for the QB to rely on. LT is far from the 2nd most important position on the team.

Oh, and Martin absolutely sucks. He is a byotch. You can thank him, and the way he handled all of this for the entire crap storm surrounding our beloved Dolphins. I hate the kid. It is hilarious how common, and avoidable this entire situation was. The media is the devil. Nothing is about real football anymore.

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]