View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Martin's agent releases statement w/ more evidence 
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Martin's agent releases statement w/ more evidence
Quote:
Jonathan Martin’s toughness is not at issue. Jonathan has started every game with the Miami Dolphins since he was drafted in 2012. At Stanford, he was the anchor for Jim Harbaugh’s “smash mouth” brand of football and he protected Andrew Luck’s blind side.

The issue is Jonathan’s treatment by his teammates. Jonathan endured harassment that went far beyond the traditional locker room hazing. For the entire season-and-a-half that he was with the Dolphins, he attempted to befriend the same teammates who subjected him to the abuse with the hope that doing so would end the harassment. This is a textbook reaction of victims of bullying. Despite these efforts, the taunting continued. Beyond the well-publicized voice mail with its racial epithet, Jonathan endured a malicious physical attack on him by a teammate, and daily vulgar comments such as the quote at the bottom. These facts are not in dispute.

Eventually, Jonathan made a difficult choice. Despite his love for football, Jonathan left the Dolphins. Jonathan looks forward to getting back to playing football. In the meantime, he will cooperate fully with the NFL investigation.

Quote from teammate: “We are going to run train on your sister. . . . She loves me. I am going to f–k her without a condom and c– in her c—.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... an-martin/

Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:20 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Martin's agent releases statement w/ more evidence
I agree that vulgar language is inappropriate, but did this guy have a sheltered life???

Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:30 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

All these ugly comments ........ they happen ON the football field from other players too. In a lot of interviews I've listened to, players around the league have attested to to it .... especially with the trash talk that goes on in the trenches. What's next, is Goodell going to have to police that too?

The sad thing is as this story plays out, the Martin family keeps adjusting to it as it develops.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:32 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Yes, Rock and you said it correctly "The Martin Family"......

Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:34 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Finhead34 wrote:
I agree that vulgar language is inappropriate, but did this guy have a sheltered life???

Apparently.

Do you know how many times my friends have joked about screwing my mother ..... ESPECIALLY when I was in college! Did I have a mental breakdown from it? Give me a break with this stuff already.

The guy simply can't handle obscene trash talking.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:34 pm

Quote:
“We are going to run train on your sister. . . . She loves me. I am going to f–k her without a condom and c– in her c—.”

OK, call me back.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:36 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I have to think this film will eventually become required viewing for all NFL locker rooms, if only because it should be required viewing by every decent human being (and even the indecent ones)".

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Note: this is only the preview. You can rent it from the Google Play store for $3.99.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:37 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
Quote:
“We are going to run train on your sister. . . . She loves me. I am going to f–k her without a condom and c– in her c—.”

OK, call me back.

Please don't post quotes like those PR. They are obscene in nature and they affect me emotionally.

2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

The guy simply can't handle obscene trash talking. ( I still after all these years on Phinfever don't know how to do the quotations!! )

Yeah, Martin just seems like a big wuss. First run & then get the media involved and then Mommy & Daddy....

Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Finhead34 wrote:
The guy simply can't handle obscene trash talking. ( I still after all these years on Phinfever don't know how to do the quotations!! )

Yeah, Martin just seems like a big wuss. First run & then get the media involved and then Mommy & Daddy....

They're leading the charge man. He said nothing to Philbin while in the hospital. He texted Cog that he doesn't blame them, that the locker room just got to him. Then once he gets home to see his parents all this stuff starts up.

This doesn't blow up like this unless Martin's "family" suspect he could've potentially hurt his NFL career potential, not to mention signing bonus money he's yet to receive. I mean literally, I can't imagine any team in the NFL right now that wants this. It will forever follow him wherever he goes. He would inevitably get tested again.

Last edited by Rock Sexton on Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:40 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Rock Sexton wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Quote:

OK, call me back.

Please don't post quotes like those PR. They are obscene in nature and they affect me emotionally.

Hysterical. Ireland told me everything can be solved with a punch to the face

Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:41 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

We need a "like" button on this website!

Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:42 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

While Martin ma not have handled the issue correctly, I have to say the whole 'he's was a Stanford guy and was soft and didn't fit in' is a cop out.

If we accept that logic, then Incognito is a guy so thuggish he got kicked out of Nebraska and Oregon (as well as the Rams) and therefore had to be in the wrong.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:07 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Sorry, if words hurt you, you are a pu$$y.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:10 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Finhead34 wrote:
We need a "like" button on this website!

Yes we do Finhead. Make it happen Dave!

:grin:

Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:50 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Rock Sexton wrote:
Finhead34 wrote:

Apparently.

Do you know how many times my friends have joked about screwing my mother ..... ESPECIALLY when I was in college! Did I have a mental breakdown from it? Give me a break with this stuff already.

The guy simply can't handle obscene trash talking.

I used to work construction. There was a lot of mama, sister, and girlfriend talk there, too. If you want to survive it, you have to laugh it off and not take it personal.

I wish all the information would just all come out and let's go from there. There is no way Martin can come back to the Dolphins now. Either we waive him now or keep him until the offseason to try to get some kind of draft pick for him.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:11 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Phins Rock wrote:
Jonathan endured a malicious physical attack on him by a teammate

What's this guy's problem? Me and my friends bash each other over the head with bats and run each other over with our SUVs all the time.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:57 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rich wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

What's this guy's problem? Me and my friends bash each other over the head with bats and run each other over with our SUVs all the time.

What was the attack? Who did it?

Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:06 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rich wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

What evidence? Who physically attacked him? When did it happen and who can verify it occurred? Who said that about his sister? Enough of these BS allegations.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:07 am

AQNOR wrote:
Rich wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

What was the attack? Who did it?

I dunno, I'm just reacting to the statement by his attorney. This guy is obviously a wuss. Me and my friends chop each other's limbs off with chainsaws all the time.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:14 am

bobby0112 wrote:
Rich wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

What evidence? Who physically attacked him? When did it happen and who can verify it occurred? Who said that about his sister? Enough of these BS allegations.

How do you know they are BS?

Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:14 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rich wrote:
I dunno, I'm just reacting to the statement by his attorney. This guy is obviously a wuss. Me and my friends chop each other's limbs off with chainsaws all the time.

Cool does your group get a discount rate on prosthetics?

Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:25 am

AQNOR wrote:
Rich wrote:

Cool does your group get a discount rate on prosthetics?

Maybe?

Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:29 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rich wrote:

How do you know they are BS?

They are BS in how they are being leaked out in bits and pieces. Enough of this passive aggressive routine. This is the same pattern of behavior that got the situation to its current status. Martin has zero communication skills. Martins form of communication is lets just stuff things and be dishonest by omission. Is he so introverted that he can't speak up when these things occurred. Don't they cover that at Stanford?

Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:42 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

What's this guy's problem? Me and my friends bash each other over the head with bats and run each other over with our SUVs all the time

let's not be narrow minded, let's wait till the facts come out. Let's be thinkers and not jump to conclusions.... :haha :haha

Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:45 am

bobby0112 wrote:
They are BS in how they are being leaked out in bits and pieces.

I do agree that the information leaking out in pieces is frustrating and deliberate.

That being said, the bottom line to all this is what happened in that lockeroom. I'd really love to know the facts, but I doubt we'll ever get them all.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:47 am

Makchell wrote:
let's not be narrow minded, let's wait till the facts come out. Let's be thinkers and not jump to conclusions....

Have I changed my approach? Can you show me where?

I'm just poking fun at the guys that everytime a new allegation comes out, their reaction is to say that this happens with their friends all the time.

Maybe a story will come out that Incognito stabbed Martin and these same guys will say their friends stab them all the time.

I would love to know what they would say if a story came out that Incognito and Martin had a gay relationship gone wrong...

Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:49 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I'd really love to know the facts, but I doubt we'll ever get them all.

True.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:49 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I'm just poking fun at the guys that everytime a new allegation comes out, their reaction is to say that this happens with their friends all the time.

Maybe a story will come out that Incognito stabbed Martin and these same guys will say their friends stab them all the time.

I would love to know what they would say if a story came out that Incognito and Martin had a gay relationship gone wrong...

Sorry, I didn't know you were joking. I did spit out my coffee with this though...I would love to know what they would say if a story came out that Incognito and Martin had a gay relationship gone wrong

Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:50 am

Makchell wrote:
Sorry, I didn't know you were joking.

Sorry, I deadpan a lot. Even in person, I joke with a straight face. It's gotten me in trouble.

Dave, we need an emoticon of a guy with a straight face so I can use it so people know I am joking. -_-

Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:54 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

That message is really funny. I think Ive said that same crap to a friend or two of mine over the years.... just guys being guys...

That being said. I am SOOOOO curious over who sent that message!! I would laugh my butt off if it were Hartline, and by comparison a little white dude. I mean, come on, could you even take that seriously, his sister is probably a good two hundred pounds ust by genetics..... I mean, Martins a big dude. I cant see him having a 5'3 120 lb sister. Shes probably like 5'11 195 and thick boned. Only makes sense. And imagining a white guy, around her size trying to run a train on her..... hysterical!

That being said, I really want to know who said it! Imagine if it were Tannehill. I know he seems like a jokester a bit, and that he has a good sense of humor, but the dude has a trophy wife. Do you really think he would even consider being unfaithful, with all those good ol' boy texas morals. LOL.

It had to be one of the Linemen. I have a funny feeling it was Pouncey, he seems like the kinda guy that might say that, and be able to get away with it. That being said, imagine if it were Denney, the long snapper, Martin would be like Dude, Im a starter, you play 8 snaps a game, shut up..... or actually wait, he doesnt have the moxy to even stand up to a back up, I forget.

Hell, It might have been a D Lineman, trying to get in his head after a Summer practice. Offense/Defense rivalry?

Yea, I am not taking this text seriously, and It shouldnt be. This is a cowards way of running his mouth to authorities with the poor me, poor family sympathy angle, as if his family was really in any kind of danger

Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:54 am

SkyHigh314 wrote:
That message is really funny. I think Ive said that same crap to a friend or two of mine over the years.... just guys being guys...

Hmm, I grew up on Flagler and 18 ct, an area called Little Havana, later on moving to around Douglas Rd and 8st, pretty rough areas. Not exactly Compton or the Bronx, but far from picket fences and beautiful gardens. Far from suburbia and the more privileged folks.

I grew up around gang members, friends of gang members, normal kids, nerdy kids etc.

Lots of fights and lots of messing around. We did the Yo Momma jokes. We picked on each other. We played jokes on each other.

But never... NEVER did we take it to the level of screwing someone's mom or sister. You went there, you got your butt kicked. There was a certain level of respect, especially since most of the kids I grew up around lived with single parents, mostly their moms. Maybe its the hispanic culture, but we never went there.

So I don't find these text messages about slapping moms and screwing sisters acceptable.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:11 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Rich wrote:
SkyHigh314 wrote:

So I don't find these text messages about slapping moms and screwing sisters acceptable.

My friends and I talk a lot of trash, especially in our fantasy league. In fact, one has named his team Steve's Moms Vagina. But the obvious difference here is I have known this guy for almost 20 years!

Even if theres a new friend I just met at a party, I can tell what inappropriate line I can get away with crossing. Some guys don't have that ability i guess but I'm not going to pretend I know how to act in an NFL locker room either. I imagine you better grow thick skin if you want to survive

Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:28 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

rich that is completely understandable, and i respect your stance on it. I personally grew up in an upper middle class suburb in New Jersey. That being said, i think white BORED, unattended children can be a little more aggressive with their words.

I grew up in a town where most of the kids I were around had live-in nannies and such, and disconnected parents that let their kids do whatever they wanted. If there were no repercussions for foul language, the habits mature into more obnoxious and offensive habits.

That being said. I also know that in my high school and such. There may have been one fisticuffs per year. They were very rare. And I think that kinda smack talk really evolved into a situation, that you WERENT gonna get your teeth knocked out for saying something ridiculous, that they would just come back with something even more offensive the next day.

So yea, I come from a different background, and as a 3 sport athlete back in the day, we had some of the foulest mouths in the world in the lockerroom, and for the most part we didnt even have successful teams.

So have I said things like that to other people, absolutely. Am i still good friends with some of them, again, absolutely. I am not defending the actions, but different backgrounds yield different people. Thats all I am getting at. The NFL is a melting pot of people, in a smaller pot to cook in. And again, I dont think Incognito was right, but I think its just his world, and due to the drastic sheltered nature that Martin grew up in, it affected him differently

Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:28 am
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

Rich wrote:
SkyHigh314 wrote:

Hmm, I grew up on Flagler and 18 ct, an area called Little Havana, later on moving to around Douglas Rd and 8st, pretty rough areas. Not exactly Compton or the Bronx, but far from picket fences and beautiful gardens. Far from suburbia and the more privileged folks.

I grew up around gang members, friends of gang members, normal kids, nerdy kids etc.

Lots of fights and lots of messing around. We did the Yo Momma jokes. We picked on each other. We played jokes on each other.

But never... NEVER did we take it to the level of screwing someone's mom or sister. You went there, you got your butt kicked. There was a certain level of respect, especially since most of the kids I grew up around lived with single parents, mostly their moms. Maybe its the hispanic culture, but we never went there.

Your neighborhood was soft..lol. Your momma and sister jokes were daily jabs with disrespect intended where I grew up.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:27 am
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

lu
Quote:
ciussanford says:Nov 7, 2013 9:30 PM

Ryan Tannehill just released this statement: “Jonathan and I use to talk all the time about how I was going to ride train on his sister. We laughed about it. His sister does in fact love me and I do plan to c- in her c- in the near future. Jonathan was aware of this and thought it was hilarious.”

I spit my coffee out when reading this. I love people with a great sense of humor. :haha

Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:28 am

NFLJunkie wrote:
Your neighborhood was soft

And you wouldn't have survived 5 minutes in it.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:33 am
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

Rich wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

Te falta una cosa, era un hispanico honorario y otra cosa, tu eres feo y tu madre teviste chistoso

Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:56 am

NFLJunkie wrote:
Rich wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

Te falta una cosa, era un hispanico honorario y otra cosa, tu eres feo y tu madre teviste chistoso

Google Translator = Fail.

No one actually speaks Spanish that way.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:08 pm
Phinfever 2013 Mock Champion
Phinfever 2013 Mock Champion

Rich wrote:
Makchell wrote:
let's not be narrow minded, let's wait till the facts come out. Let's be thinkers and not jump to conclusions....

hyperbole! LOL

Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next