View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Incognito: Racism, bad words 'what I regret most' Read more 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Incognito: Racism, bad words 'what I regret most' Read more
Quote:

And in that interview, Incognito admits he used racial epithets with teammate Jonathan Martin. And he tried to excuse himself for doing that in his best social scientist approach possible by saying that's just the way things are in the Dolphins locker room.

"All this stuff coming out, it speaks to the culture of our locker room, it speaks to the culture of our closeness, it speaks to the culture of our brotherhood," Incognito says in the interview.

"And the racism, the bad words," here it comes, "that's what I regret most, but that's a product of the environment and that's what we use all the time."

The sound you hear is Incognito's career going down the tubes.

One way Incognito could emerge from this NFL investigation with a light sentence, so to speak, is if he can show that he was compelled to treat Martin as he did. In other words, if he was acting under orders. Another way he can get off easier is if he can show that his employer knew of the treatment and did nothing, thus tacitly approving of his behavior.

But if Incognito's logic for calling his teammate a "half-n----r" as he did in that infamous voice message is that it's just the culture and the brotherhood, then the roof is going to drop on him.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins ... rylink=cpy

Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:13 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Incognito: Racism, bad words 'what I regret most' Read more
What I think is curious is that the press keeps running with the "er" version of the word. But we've seen in the TMZ video, Richie uses the "gga" of the word ...... you know the same one that's thrown around like it's nothing in rap videos. The same one white boys rap to in their cars when they're listening to rap music.

Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]