View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 This is the locker room Philbin wanted 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post This is the locker room Philbin wanted
Dave Hyde wrote:
Steve Ross held the door open for Jeff Ireland to leave and backed Joe Philbin – for now. This was telling of where Ross starts with the blame of the Jonathan Martin mess (and surely this larger season). Ross didn’t say Ireland was to blame, but he went out of his way not to mention him while saying Philbin was trustworthy, loyal, brave, courteous, kind and obedient. My thought is to clean house completely. Start over. Ireland is to blame for this, sure. But this is the locker room Philbin wanted. He wanted all the strong veterans – Reggie Bush, Karlos Dansby, Jake Long – out of there. He wanted his kind of guys in there. Richie Incognito isn’t Philbin’s type, which is a quiet, nose-to-the-grindstone pro. But you couldn’t clear the entire roster in an off-season and the decisions by Ireland/Philbin – Landphil? – cleared the way of a strong veteran stepping in to help solve the mess before it became one. I understand Ross backing Philbin before Monday's game because there was still half of a season to play. He pragmatically had to back the coach. But I don’t know how you untangle the proportion of blame here. Or why you would try in the end.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... 2182.story

Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:42 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]