All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:11 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 4111
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
If Miami manages to beat Carolina this Sunday...that's a big if...and the Broncos maul the Pats (which they will), we're only one game out of 1st place for the AFC East. If this team would just win the darn games they're supposed to, we are already in that position. Ugh. The scenario is obviously unlikely, but hell, any time the Patriots lose is a good time. Controversial call or not...some may call that poetic justice.

:grin:

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:33 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:22 am
Posts: 1480
Location: Chesapeake, VA
I can't help imagining what it would be like if we still had Keller and Gibson, and none of this Incognito vs Martin ever happened.

_________________
Don't give up. Don't ever give up." - Jim Valvano


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:07 am 
Offline
User avatar
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 5985
That Can Newton will never make it in this league :haha :haha :haha


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:17 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 5568
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
It is what it is. If the Pats had a healthy Gronk & if Hernandez did not get into trouble it would be different as well. They have had their share of injuries. This division was always ours to lose.
I love this team but you want reality with no sarcasm ... once again in November we are looking into scenarios to make the playoffs to lose in the first round , oh yeah while wanting another coaching change. Plus the Patriots & Jets lose as well as the last undefeated team loses on the same week. We once again have won our super bowl. The more things change the more they stay the same.

_________________
GASE IS ON THE CASE!!! 2017 , 2018 , 2019 SB CHAMPIONS.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:04 am 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 9383
Location: MA
Kev1321 wrote:
That Can Newton will never make it in this league :haha :haha :haha


It is amazing that 3 weeks into this season a lot people were saying Rivera is on the verge of getting fired and Newton is simply an athlete not mature enough to play QB.

Does this give us hope for Philbin and Tannehill? Can they get hot at the opportune time? The schedule is lining up for it if they want to seize their chance.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:12 am 
Offline
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 8:22 pm
Posts: 1112
Location: Piscataway, NJ
Miami has 2 division losses..... New England has one against the Jets.... If we beat New England... both teams have 2,
New England would need to lose one more, hypothetically to the Broncos..... and as long as the Phins beat the Jets twice, and the Bills in the rematch... we should tie with the Patsies in the loss column, and the division column....

Next tie breaker is head to head correct.

NE losses CAR, CIN, NYJ, DEN, MIA
MIA losses NO, TB, BUF, BAL, NE

it doesn't work.... NE has to lose to some one not named Denver....Cleveland, Baltimore or Buffalo..... the tie breaker would favor them, since a Denver loss would be a non-common opponent. The only beauty would be that Miami would have a better Conference record if we were to tie them, but since they play Houston and Denver, while we play San Diego and Indianapolis... a loss to Denver doesn't help unless they were to slip up some where else and they fall a game behind us.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:52 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 9383
Location: MA
Did anyone catch the video on the MNF pregame show of Philbin getting all fired and praising his team for the win over San Diego? Usually you just see the dry, monotone version. He actually sounded like a football coach.

Doesn't seem like the team is quitting on him.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:03 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 7640
Carolina isn't unbeatable. They're a good team...just like Cincy was. The bottom line is if Miami plays well they'll be in this game with a chance to win it at the end.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:12 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:20 pm
Posts: 214
Location: Richmond VA
jammer wrote:
Did anyone catch the video on the MNF pregame show of Philbin getting all fired and praising his team for the win over San Diego? Usually you just see the dry, monotone version. He actually sounded like a football coach.

Doesn't seem like the team is quitting on him.


Must he still use the pen and paper reminders!?!?!?!
Sorry, but that takes a little off of it when you have to look down every 5 seconds. If he could overcome this, I would at least be more pumped!! can't speak for them though.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:50 am
Posts: 896
NFLJunkie wrote:
Carolina isn't unbeatable. They're a good team...just like Cincy was. The bottom line is if Miami plays well they'll be in this game with a chance to win it at the end.






That's what I'm talkin about. How I feel 100%. We have to step up more consistently on 3rd Down. Can't let Cam run all over us, which is one of my biggest fears coming into this game. Also Deeangelo Williams and Jonathon Stewart are good runners when they get space so we have to beat them off the ball or they will tear us up on the ground. I have faith in Grimes and a hopefully healthy Patterson, who knows how his situation is. I think just like any other game we have a legitimate chance of coming out with the W. I feel like we are a 9-1 team but do have some big flaws.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:30 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 12641
Location: Lancaster, PA
jammer wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:
That Can Newton will never make it in this league :haha :haha :haha


It is amazing that 3 weeks into this season a lot people were saying Rivera is on the verge of getting fired and Newton is simply an athlete not mature enough to play QB.

Does this give us hope for Philbin and Tannehill? Can they get hot at the opportune time? The schedule is lining up for it if they want to seize their chance.


they turned Newton into a game manager and its working because the defense is elite.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 5985
no...newton is a matchup nightmare and a td machine...you can keep down playing him all you want swerve...he is setting records....that is not a qb that can't win in this league, as you would put it.

and good thing the coach didn't put him at te.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:29 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 12641
Location: Lancaster, PA
Kev1321 wrote:
no...newton is a matchup nightmare and a td machine...you can keep down playing him all you want swerve...he is setting records....that is not a qb that can't win in this league, as you would put it.

and good thing the coach didn't put him at te.



How's your Cam Newton fathead look in your living room angry guy?
I'm not downplaying anything. Just listen to every NFL analyst on TV say the same thing I just said, When Cam is throwing too much Carolina loses. Now they dialed him back, became run heavy and it is working. Heard Trent Dilfer and Steve Young saying this.
What records? He has lesser numbers than Tannehill this year. LOL.

Get over yourself! Nobody here can have a conversation about Cam Newton without you making stupid immature comments.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:38 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 8:22 pm
Posts: 1112
Location: Piscataway, NJ
Newton sucks..... period!

Wow, I mean seriously, he was half a season from being out of the league at this point, and then he rips off 5 wins in a row and everyone is talking like he is the next coming of uhhhhhh yea, thats right, no black super mobile qb has won ANYTHING!!!

Randal Cunningham, Warren Moon, Steve McNair, Michael Vick..... yea, whatever. If Carolina didnt win the last five in a row, Riveria would beout of work, and Newton would be the next JaMarcus Russell.

Just because he's won five in a row doesnt make him the most dangerous qb in the world.... or else Alex smith would have been labeled the same thing 2 years ago in SF, yea that didnt happen either

Newton makes mistakes. Yes, he can run, and thats about all he really does well. His passing numbers are pedestrian. Lets not make this about anything else.....

Carolina's defense is ferocious!!!!!! Of this entire matchup, that defense scares me, but I think we can put up 20 on them. Their offense doesnt!

We've played and beaten Indy's high power offense, lost to New Orleans offense, San Diego had a potent offense too, Cincinnattis is solid too.... Carolina's isnt on any of those 4 levels.

Their defense is the best we'll see this season though, better than the saints. So, dont let them get points on the board. Limit them to 16/17 points, keeps us in it til the end, we CAN win


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 6186
SkyHigh314 wrote:
Newton sucks..... period!

Just because he's won five in a row doesnt make him the most dangerous qb in the world.... or else Alex smith would have been labeled the same thing 2 years ago in SF, yea that didnt happen either


Your logic is seriously mind numbing.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 5672
Location: Houston, Texas
Newton sucks..... period!

I don't know what to even say to this comment. You must not be paying attention to his play and all the dangerous physical attributes this guy brings to play each week.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 6186
Finhead34 wrote:
Newton sucks..... period!

I don't know what to even say to this comment. You must not be paying attention to his play and all the dangerous physical attributes this guy brings to play each week.


Btw, just heard on ESPN that he's 3rd in the league in converting 3rd downs.

He's definitely progressed a lot this year.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:49 pm
Posts: 1722
Location: Charlotte, NC
Maybe a break for our beleaguered O-Line........the Panthers top pass rusher maybe out. He did return on the final series of last nights game........but he's been diagnosed with a sprained MCL.


"An MRI exam Tuesday revealed Panthers defensive end Charles Johnson has a sprained MCL in his right knee, according to a league source. Johnson's status for Sunday's game at Miami is uncertain. Johnson, who leads the Panthers with 8.5 sacks, sat out several series before returning for the Patriots' final drive."


http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/2013/11/charles-johnson-knee-sprained-mcl-panthers-patriots-nfl.html


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:49 pm
Posts: 1722
Location: Charlotte, NC
Rock Sexton wrote:
Finhead34 wrote:
Newton sucks..... period!

I don't know what to even say to this comment. You must not be paying attention to his play and all the dangerous physical attributes this guy brings to play each week.


Btw, just heard on ESPN that he's 3rd in the league in converting 3rd downs.

He's definitely progressed a lot this year.


Newton's a good QB..........he's always a threat to run and an accurate passer............he does have some faults..........didn't see much of this last night, but he'll generally throw 3+ ridiculous passes/game, he doesn't have good touch, his passes are generally a straight line, when he drop backs to pass he's generally 8+ yds behind the line of scrimmage.

To win, we need to stop a fairly average run game and blitz............our corners can take care of their WR's one on one............put Jordan on their TE Olsen...........he's Cam's safety valve.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 5985
SkyHigh314 wrote:
Newton sucks..... period!

Wow, I mean seriously, he was half a season from being out of the league at this point, and then he rips off 5 wins in a row and everyone is talking like he is the next coming of uhhhhhh yea, thats right, no black super mobile qb has won ANYTHING!!!

Randal Cunningham, Warren Moon, Steve McNair, Michael Vick..... yea, whatever. If Carolina didnt win the last five in a row, Riveria would beout of work, and Newton would be the next JaMarcus Russell.

Just because he's won five in a row doesnt make him the most dangerous qb in the world.... or else Alex smith would have been labeled the same thing 2 years ago in SF, yea that didnt happen either

Newton makes mistakes. Yes, he can run, and thats about all he really does well. His passing numbers are pedestrian. Lets not make this about anything else.....

Carolina's defense is ferocious!!!!!! Of this entire matchup, that defense scares me, but I think we can put up 20 on them. Their offense doesnt!

We've played and beaten Indy's high power offense, lost to New Orleans offense, San Diego had a potent offense too, Cincinnattis is solid too.... Carolina's isnt on any of those 4 levels.

Their defense is the best we'll see this season though, better than the saints. So, dont let them get points on the board. Limit them to 16/17 points, keeps us in it til the end, we CAN win


You can't fool me Swerve :haha

Oh boy...Bye the way you may want to look at all his rookie records :haha


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 5568
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Newton's OK but he is no Tannehill.

_________________
GASE IS ON THE CASE!!! 2017 , 2018 , 2019 SB CHAMPIONS.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:35 pm 
Offline
Snorton Norton
Snorton Norton

Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:52 pm
Posts: 546
LOL. :)


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:34 am 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 12641
Location: Lancaster, PA
Rock Sexton wrote:
Finhead34 wrote:
Newton sucks..... period!

I don't know what to even say to this comment. You must not be paying attention to his play and all the dangerous physical attributes this guy brings to play each week.


Btw, just heard on ESPN that he's 3rd in the league in converting 3rd downs.

He's definitely progressed a lot this year.


He's definitely playing smarter now. Cut way back on the negative plays that used to hurt his team.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:42 am 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 12641
Location: Lancaster, PA
Kev I don't know why you label me a Newton hater just because I don't have a Cam shrine in my house like you do. I gave him props for improving and it's not a shot at him to say he's become more of a game manager. Cam was going nowhere last year with his style of play. But you have a short memory.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... g-panthers

Quote:
What a difference one grueling, nationally televised loss has made for Cam Newton.

Chris Mortensen reported on ESPN's "Sunday Countdown" that the Carolina Panthers are "privately concerned" about their quarterback's mental makeup in the wake of Thursday's loss to the New York Giants. Newton, according to Mortensen, has logged time with a "mind coach" to help him adjust to the heightened expectations and pressures surrounding the second-year starter.

More disturbing than Newton's poor play against New York's defense was the visual of the passer sulking on the bench, something that tweaked his veteran receiver, Steve Smith, and didn't sit well with observers.

"You gotta start playing the game mentally instead of physically," NFL Network's Kurt Warner said. "And that's where Cam is lacking right now."

It's an easy week to pile on Newton. Perhaps his lowest moment against the Giants was unearthing his tedious Superman act after scoring a touchdown that left Carolina down 26-7. Handing the ball to the official and marching back to the sideline would have been preferable. It was a clownish performance, and the point some have made is that a savvy veteran wouldn't be caught dead pulling that charade. Chalk it up as a learning opportunity for Newton, but let's not give up on the young man.

He's an epically talented 23-year-old quarterback. Maturity, perspective and life skills? A work in progress. I'm not making excuses for Newton -- the Panthers orbit him, and that's what he said he wanted from the start -- but how he responds is what matters.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r