All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:25 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I've never seen anything like this craziness affecting our offensive line. Ireland must not be living right.

Quote:
Doctors are trying to avoid gallbladder removal surgery on Dolphins C Mike Pouncey. Pouncey is hoping that medicine can cure his symptoms so he can return to the field sooner. For now, consider him week to week. It leaves the Dolphins without 60 percent of their starting offensive line.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6478/mike-pouncey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:41 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I'm sure it was caused by Incognito and everyone in the Dolphins organization is at fault for not recognizing it sooner. What kind of medical staff has Ireland put together? Garbage.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:33 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Gall Bladder surgery is outpatient, you recover in less than a week and has negligible health effects when removed. People that have issues, generally speaking, keep having them. So is this just Pouncey's way of sitting out?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:23 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

rodneyfaile wrote:
I'm sure it was caused by Incognito and everyone in the Dolphins organization is at fault for not recognizing it sooner. What kind of medical staff has Ireland put together? Garbage.

Hopefully not the same one that advised signing Culpepper over Brees.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:52 pm 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

FINesse wrote:
rodneyfaile wrote:

Hopefully not the same one that advised signing Culpepper over Brees.

Haha no kidding! I like many of the things Tannehill is doing for us though. The turnovers are obviously not helping his cause, but he is completing a lot of his passes, and has shown his ability to run the ball. I think he is only going to get better and better. Once we get our o-line figured out, we have a very scary offense.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:04 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Pouncey is back at practice today on a limited basis..........hopefully, he can play. It looks like the Panthers' top pass rusher (Charles Johnson) will be held out Sunday with a sprained MCL.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/dolphins-blog/sfl-dolphins-practice-report-pouncey-is-back-at-practice-20131120,0,7622612.story

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:32 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Just thought I'd throw it out there..... Don't know if this is the right place to throw it out there, but since we are talking about Pouncey.

Bone-headedness aside... Pouncey is a very agile, and good Offensive Lineman. I think we can all agree on that. But it's been mentioned before about him not being the smartest screw in the bunch.....

Ok so my thoughts are.... Would Pouncey make a better Guard???

The reason I mention this is that Gardner held up really well last week at center. Gardner plays ALL offensive line positions... I bet he is more of a student of the game than Pouncey is. That being said, with a Center typically making all the OL adjustments in the game, I am starting to wonder if Gardner is a better option due to knowing all the positions probably better than Pouncey....

I think Pouncey's skill set would translate very well to a guard position to the point where I am almost considering this alignment....

McKinnie-Pouncey-Gardner-Jerry-Clabo (and if Incognito returns, I'd put Pouncey on the right side in place of Jerry)

Im just wondering if Pouncey has been responsible for some of the bad OL play due to bad adjustments he may have called. I am not questioning his athletic talent and that he is not a very good OL, but Im wondering if moving him to guard would be a better role for him seeing how Gardner has all the intelligence of the line, and Pouncey probably doesnt understand the tackle position

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]