Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:38 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Quote:
It’s unclear why Incognito agreed to abandon his effort to force a return to the team. The move all but guarantees that Incognito’s challenge to his suspension won’t be resolved before he misses the maximum four games under the labor deal.

It’s possible that the Dolphins have promised to reinstate or release Incognito after Sunday’s game against the Panthers. The Dolphins have the ability to suspend Incognito through the December 1 game against the Jets.

ProFootballTalk

I think he's coming back...

Quote:
“”I have agreed to postpone my expedited arbitration hearing until after the investigation by Ted Wells is complete,” Incognito said. “I will cooperate fully with the ongoing investigation with a goal of resuming my career with the Miami Dolphins at the conclusion of this investigation. I love my teammates and hope we can put this distraction behind us soon.””

I think they reinstate him before the Jets Game..... if they reinstate him afterwards the playoffs can be lost.... Got a feeling he'll be reinstated on Monday

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:06 am 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I'd say it depends on how the investigation by Wells hits the media. If it creates huge backlash towards Incognito, adios. The question is "What is Better for the Miami Dolphins?" Remember, Richie is a free agent next year. In a legit wild card hunt, Richie could help us out immensely. If we come away with a win against Carolina we are 6-5. A hopeful loss from the Jets puts us in total control of our future, hopefully reving our guys up to play good football, because we do have some tough games ahead of us. As we have been hanging tough with every team we play, to get some dominating wins under out belt would be a big psychological advantage for a team that's gone through so much crap.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:25 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Even with a loss to Carolina we still control our own destiny. With two games against the Jets to go, the tie breaker is only a division record which they played 4, and we've played two. The head-to-head will decide that one, even if we split with the Jets, if we can take the pats and Bills down, the division record would be a tie, and the next breaker would go to conference record, which we have a 2 game lead on them as it is. A loss to carolina won't do anything even if the Jets win and pull 1 game ahead.....

Actually, a Jets win is good for us this week, since it will bury the Ravens, who are the only ones that actually have a unfavorable tie breaker against the Dolphins.

Dolphins lose, and the Jets lose, the Ravens grab the wildcard with 5 games left.... due to head-to-head wins over both

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]