View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Barkley quotes on the Martin drama 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Barkley quotes on the Martin drama
“The Jonathan Martin thing is one of the more fascinating things I’ve seen in my entire life, to be honest with you,’’ Barkley said on Dan Patrick’s radio show. “I don’t understand if incognito was treating this kid bad why he texted him 1,500 times. I don’t understand everybody on the team said they’re friends. I don’t believe the general manager told one player to punch another player.

“I don’t believe in the NBA we’d let a guy get mistreated in the locker room. Did we give a guy a hard time? Of course we did. But I think if someone went over the line we’d say something. So I don’t know what’s true now and what’s not true.”

Barkley also said, “I hear all these clowns talk on television about locker-room culture. First of all, We are rude, crude, sexist, racist, homophobic in a locker room. The stuff we have said (in a locker room) we can’t say on your show. We can’t say it in mixed company. We can’t say at a dinner table. I miss that, giving each other a hard time. I do. I miss that.”

Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:18 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Barkley quotes on the Martin drama
I am dumbfounded how his opinion is not in the vast majority among former professional athletes...

Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:34 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
I am dumbfounded how his opinion is not in the vast majority among former professional athletes...

Barkley could give a rat's behind how the media and other people see him. Other people don't have as thick of skin has he does.

Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:08 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

A little more by "The Round Mound of Rebound".

Charles Barkley wrote:
If his voice messages to friends were heard?

“You would think I was racist,’’ he said. “You would think I was homophobic. And if you get his texts, you’d think the exact same thing. Even my white friends, we slam each other all the time. Yes, if you my texts are racist and homophobic. That’s why I hear people talk about locker-room culture. A locker room was a place of a lot of fun.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... 8780.story

Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:31 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I cannot wait until all this panzy mess blows over. You would think a locker room is a knitting room or something. Hopefully, Richie is back on the field by the Jets game.

Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:15 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Mike Tyson was funny on 'numbers never lie' He admitted to being bullied when he was younger and said that he doesn't sympathize with Martin because there is no way a 330 pound man could get bullied.

and here's Brett Favre on the matter

Quote:
Many in the Miami Dolphins locker room expressed their surprise in the immediate aftermath of Jonathan Martin's decision to leave the team because of alleged bullying. Brett Favre knows how they feel. The future Hall of Famer sat down with the "TODAY" show's Matt Lauer for an interview that aired Monday morning, and he gave his thoughts on the situation that has kept both Martin and fellow lineman Richie Incognito away from the Miami facilities for the past few weeks. "You have to be kidding me," Favre said when asked what his initial reaction was to Martin's allegations. "Pro football? Bullying? It's the toughest sport, most violent. Not to mention you're men. So it's not like it's a little 12-year-old on a playground," he continued. "And I'm not defending or condoning. All I'm saying is my initial reaction was a grown man who is 320 pounds is getting bullied?"

Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:37 am

Big Dave wrote:
A little more by "The Round Mound of Rebound".

Charles Barkley wrote:
If his voice messages to friends were heard?

“You would think I was racist,’’ he said. “You would think I was homophobic. And if you get his texts, you’d think the exact same thing. Even my white friends, we slam each other all the time. Yes, if you my texts are racist and homophobic. That’s why I hear people talk about locker-room culture. A locker room was a place of a lot of fun.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... 8780.story

I said this earlier. When I used to hang out with the guys we all turned 12 years old again. Something stupid but fun. No filters...its on.

Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:29 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I've always liked Sir Charles!

Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:03 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Thats pretty awesome to hear all 3 of those guys say what they did.

You know I run into Dolphin fans all around & start up conversations because I think of them as a sort of family. & I love to chat, partly to see what kind of fan they are & to get a different perspective. Not everyone is as tuned in as this Phinfever crew so I like to know how the "outer circle" perceives Miami's situations.

Almost every single one that I have asked about Martin v Incognito has said the same thing - Incognito seems like a dirt bag but Martin seems like a giant puss & a quitter.

You can deal with, & a lot of times enjoy, the abrasive maniac in locker room or man cave or where ever the boys ares hanging out. But the guy that tells his mom or his wife or who ever it is that exposes men just being the epitome of themselves . . that guy broke the bro code & you don't even wanna hang out or talk to him anymore.

So picture the "scandals" these 3 famous athletes have been involved in, & even they are looking at Martin sidelong . .

Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:33 am
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Its funny how we love a guy when his comments are for us & loathe the same guy when his comments are against us. I think most opinions by athletes on this issue is pretty clear. However the team comes away from this as a joke for even letting it get out.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:58 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I've often found Barkley to be a voice of reason.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:43 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]