View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 MW Deep Ball 
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Post Re: MW Deep Ball
Kev1321 wrote:
Rich wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:
Welker is always at the top of drops...Marshall has drops..Megatron has drops. Nucklehead in Dallas has drops .Drops do happen to the best of them....Tanny needs to stop leaving so many plays on the field

Those guys get targetted ALOT more than Wallace. And I bet alot of those drops happen when those guys are covered.

Walker dropped a couple wide open last week...and the Superbowl last drive?

Wallace is also catching down field passes do to the fact they have him running so many go patterns.....That's a little tougher too....

No doubt he shares some blame but Clay has his drops the other wr's have had there's ...As I see it a majority is timing and Tanny has bad timing..You see it in the sacks and ints..Holding the ball too long.....

Anecdotal evidence is not a good counter for the fact that Wallace is targetted alot less and is up there with those guys in drops.

Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:06 pm

Rock Sexton wrote:

I disagree with the "automatic" comment. Takes superior body control to catch that pass that eventually fell into his hands.

I am talking about shorter pass plays in which he was open in space and dropped easy catches, not deep plays. He has had some headscratching drops this season.

Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:09 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Quote:

targets
1 Calvin Johnson, WR DET 132
2 A.J. Green, WR CIN 124
3 Antonio Brown, WR PIT 123
4 Pierre Garcon, WR WSH 121
5 Andre Johnson, WR HOU 119
6 Vincent Jackson, WR TB 116
7 Brandon Marshall, WR CHI 115
Dez Bryant, WR DAL 115
9 Torrey Smith, WR BAL 106
Cecil Shorts, WR JAX 106

11 Alshon Jeffery, WR CHI 103
12 Demaryius Thomas, WR DEN 102
Victor Cruz, WR NYG 102
14 Jimmy Graham, TE NO 99
15 Josh Gordon, WR CLE 98
16 Mike Wallace, WR MIA 96
17 Wes Welker, WR DEN 95

Quote:
18 Emmanuel Sanders, WR PIT 94
19 Jordy Nelson, WR GB 92
T.Y. Hilton, WR IND 92
21 Larry Fitzgerald, WR ARI 91
Kendall Wright, WR TEN 91
23 Steve Smith, WR CAR 90
DeSean Jackson, WR PHI 90
25 Antonio Gates, TE SD 89
Brian Hartline, WR MIA 89

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/playe ... ingTargets

Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:31 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I saw that Wallace only has 3 official drops. That number seems very low.

He dropped at least 2 deep passes. He dropped what should have been TD passes versus Buffalo and Baltimore inside the 10 yard line. He's definitely had some short throw drops.

Outside of a better deep pass, I'd say the best set up I've seen for Wallace was the PA cut in route versus Cincy. Of course you need a running game to make that work, but it creates an open field for him and he doesn't have to fight for the ball.

Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:50 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

jammer wrote:

He dropped at least 2 deep passes. He dropped what should have been TD passes versus Buffalo and Baltimore inside the 10 yard line. He's definitely had some short throw drops.

Outside of a better deep pass, I'd say the best set up I've seen for Wallace was the PA cut in route versus Cincy. Of course you need a running game to make that work, but it creates an open field for him and he doesn't have to fight for the ball.

Bad throws don't count, i see...

Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:57 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Kev1321 wrote:
jammer wrote:

There have been bad throws too. What's your point? Each throw I mentioned was a catchable ball he didn't haul in.

Its not one or the other. Both Wallace and Tannehill haven contributed to the problem.

Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:12 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

jammer wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:
jammer wrote:

There have been bad throws too. What's your point? Each throw I mentioned was a catchable ball he didn't haul in.

Its not one or the other. Both Wallace and Tannehill haven contributed to the problem.

My point is you obviously have a different opinion of a catchable pass than your own source says....I have seen some guys go on and on about how he should have caught this one or that one and didn't always agree...And my opinion of that last play , it would have been a miracle to catch that badly timed pass..He was wide open for about ten steps but Tanny took too long to reconize that.. Again

Heard the same things about Marshall Bush(who dances too much) Dansby on and on and on...And yet they go elsewhere and play like all pros.We are not getting good qb play and wont turn things around until we do.

Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:48 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Kev1321 wrote:
My point is you obviously have a different opinion of a catchable pass than your own source says....I have seen some guys go on and on about how he should have caught this one or that one and didn't always agree...And my opinion of that last play , it would have been a miracle to catch that badly timed pass..He was wide open for about ten steps but Tanny took too long to reconize that.. Again

Heard the same things about Marshall Bush(who dances too much) Dansby on and on and on...And yet they go elsewhere and play like all pros.We are not getting good qb play and wont turn things around until we do.

Same source says Hartline has 6 drops. And its a good question: what constitutes a drop?

I don't remember Hartline having more than a couple. Just seems very subjective.

Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:22 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

jammer wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:

Same source says Hartline has 6 drops. And its a good question: what constitutes a drop?

I don't remember Hartline having more than a couple. Just seems very subjective.

Absolutely...Like an error for Jeter :grin:

Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3