The Dolphin Lover wrote:
I don't get on here very much and, due to the loss yesterday, this probably isn't a good time to be browsing around here. Regardless, here are 10 of my thoughts:
1. I am really glad I'm not a Redskins fan. They share some of our issues and they also have some different issues. The bottom line is that they're not very good...and it comes down to having the players. Same with the Vikings around here--you should hear those fans. The list of bad teams could go on and on. There are only a handful of teams with content fans. Doesn't make it any easier as a fan of the Dolphins, but keeps things in perspective.
2. I don't question the Dolphins' effort. There have been some seasons where I've seen a lack of emotion and have even found myself jealous of the Jets in that category. I like the current players' efforts and enthusiasm. They appear to want to win.
3. Yes, changes have to be made on this team. It bugs me when I read that Sherman should go. He's a proven winner...when he has the players. Given the offensive line, it HAS to limit his play-calling. The running backs are decent, but not game-breakers. Tannehill is still young; have you noticed Andrew Luck struggling more than a little bit? RT needs time; he's a gamer.
4. On a much smaller scale, our fifth grade girls basketball coach is a genius when he has the tall girl who can rebound and one good shooter/ball handler. Nobody could be better than him. However, when he doesn't have those two talents, he's an awful coach and a change is necessary. Really??? No. Philbin and Sherman and Coyle must stay and more talented players are needed. The only position I feel comfortable with is QB and WR. A 5-6 record is par for this talent...but who isn't at least a little bit greedy??
5. Who is this Rock Sexton? I read his posts and he seems to know it all. I know a guy like him in my small town....he's a Buffalo fan and has all of the answers. Annoying as hell. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but geez...
6. If the Dolphins get rid of Sherman or Philbin or whoever, who is going to come in and put a champion team in Joe Robbie Stadium? Very easy to say somebody should be fired, but who is better than the people we have? Lovie Smith?? I just talked to a buddy who's a huge Bears fan and told him that a few Dolphin fans have mentioned his name. He laughed, shook his head, and said, "Bud, I don't want you to have to endure the agony Lovie Smith put us through."
7. Guarantee of the Week: Dolphins 27, NYJ 18. 6-6 and on the outside looking in.
8. Hope to see a lot of aqua and orange on TV in the Meadowlands this Sunday!!
9. Just proofread this post and totally realize how drab it really is...but I'm posting it anyway.
10. Ready to take your criticism...start typing!
Oh I don't think you'll get a lot of criticism. Just a lot of people on here waiting to see how a certain someone responds to number 5.