Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Tailgating Help
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:36 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Hey Everyone. I'm heading down to Miami with a large crew of people for next Sunday's game versus the Pats. Its a trip package where a bus drops us off at the stadium around 10am for the tailgating experience.

Since we won't have a car or be able to transport supplies I'm asking if anyone knows a party tent, tail gate or even outdoor bar where you pay for either an all you can eat/drink or has some type of deal. I've never been to Miami so I'm not familiar with the stadium area.

If it is any incentive, the crowd I'm coming down with are all Pats fans so I will happily allow you to heckle and verbally tear them to shreds. I'll even join you!

Any help would be appreciated. GO FINS!!!

Post subject: Re: Tailgating Help
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:54 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

The stadium and all parking is out by itself,......kind of in a bad area of town. I like it, because it's a fairly easy stadium to get in and out of...............and because all the parking is at the stadium, it lends itself to some real good tailgating.

I haven't been down in about 5 years, but I do not believe there are any bar/restaurants in close proximity, like I said, the stadium is well away from the city.

My advice is to flatten the tires on the bus, grab a plane ticket and leave your Patsy Buddies behind. As long as you have some beer, you wont have a problem joining in on some Phins' parties.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:28 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Jammer, I am taking my wife and girls to the Pats game. You will need to let me know where you end up hanging out. My seats are in section 134 row 7 too.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:51 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

shularino wrote:
The stadium and all parking is out by itself,......kind of in a bad area of town. I like it, because it's a fairly easy stadium to get in and out of...............and because all the parking is at the stadium, it lends itself to some real good tailgating.

I haven't been down in about 5 years, but I do not believe there are any bar/restaurants in close proximity, like I said, the stadium is well away from the city.

My advice is to flatten the tires on the bus, grab a plane ticket and leave your Patsy Buddies behind. As long as you have some beer, you wont have a problem joining in on some Phins' parties.

Ha, well its only a shuttle bus from the hotel. I fly to Ft Lauderdale and stay there for the weekend.

Up here at Pats games they have a few tents where its 100 bucks and you eat and drink all you want. Was just wondering if they had anything like that down there. Not sure I want to walk around the parking lot with 20 Pats fans asking if we can join a group...although I'll rock some Dolphins gear and be armed with as much beer as possible.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:52 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Finhead34 wrote:
Jammer, I am taking my wife and girls to the Pats game. You will need to let me know where you end up hanging out. My seats are in section 134 row 7 too.

Definitely. We'll meet up for some beers.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:28 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Jammer, I've never checked into tent rentals at SunLife. You may want to contact someone at the stadium. Here's the link........http://www.sunlifestadium.com/

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:55 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

jammer there was a tailgate by Nat Moore the past few years. But i didnt see it any longer, however i did see this

http://www.miamidolphins.com/tickets-an ... lgate.html

the nat moore tailgate had all you can drink beer and food but was cost about $50-$60pp. This is cheaper but its a cash bar. They also had Dolphins alum walking through for autographs and pics.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:21 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

otowndolfan13 wrote:

The Brus Room party is nice, food is great. And the "Bru" is short for Brudzinski. Try the triple threat sauce, uhhh my mouth is watering now... BBQ+Hot Wing+Garlic

It really depends on what you are looking for.
Unfortunately I have my tickets through work, and this is the game I have to give up.

If you just want to hang with other fans, I would recommend just walking around a bit. The lot surrounds the stadium, and this year they have brought in the food trucks. They circle the blue lot and you have a ton of food to try out. Just be friendly, say hello and most will respond.

The fanzone areas and pro shop is always cool to check out, even going every game we all tend to take a wok over there... They have a band, food and beer tents...

You will be wearing the proper colors to give you access to most tailgates tho. We do stick together

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:38 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

10acjed wrote:
otowndolfan13 wrote:

The Brus Room party is nice, food is great. And the "Bru" is short for Brudzinski. Try the triple threat sauce, uhhh my mouth is watering now... BBQ+Hot Wing+Garlic

It really depends on what you are looking for.
Unfortunately I have my tickets through work, and this is the game I have to give up.

If you just want to hang with other fans, I would recommend just walking around a bit. The lot surrounds the stadium, and this year they have brought in the food trucks. They circle the blue lot and you have a ton of food to try out. Just be friendly, say hello and most will respond.

The fanzone areas and pro shop is always cool to check out, even going every game we all tend to take a wok over there... They have a band, food and beer tents...

You will be wearing the proper colors to give you access to most tailgates tho. We do stick together

Thanks. I'm not looking to crash anyone's tailgate, just seeing what is available for people who can't bring their own supplies or have a spot for a vehicle. Sounds like there are options for us.

I really appreciate you guys helping me out. Phinfever members...thick as thieves.

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ]