All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Tailgating Help
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:36 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 10113
Location: MA
Hey Everyone. I'm heading down to Miami with a large crew of people for next Sunday's game versus the Pats. Its a trip package where a bus drops us off at the stadium around 10am for the tailgating experience.

Since we won't have a car or be able to transport supplies I'm asking if anyone knows a party tent, tail gate or even outdoor bar where you pay for either an all you can eat/drink or has some type of deal. I've never been to Miami so I'm not familiar with the stadium area.

If it is any incentive, the crowd I'm coming down with are all Pats fans so I will happily allow you to heckle and verbally tear them to shreds. I'll even join you!

Any help would be appreciated. GO FINS!!!


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Tailgating Help
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:49 pm
Posts: 1777
Location: Charlotte, NC
The stadium and all parking is out by itself,......kind of in a bad area of town. I like it, because it's a fairly easy stadium to get in and out of...............and because all the parking is at the stadium, it lends itself to some real good tailgating.

I haven't been down in about 5 years, but I do not believe there are any bar/restaurants in close proximity, like I said, the stadium is well away from the city.

My advice is to flatten the tires on the bus, grab a plane ticket and leave your Patsy Buddies behind. As long as you have some beer, you wont have a problem joining in on some Phins' parties.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Tailgating Help
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 5688
Location: Houston, Texas
Jammer, I am taking my wife and girls to the Pats game. You will need to let me know where you end up hanging out. My seats are in section 134 row 7 too.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Tailgating Help
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:51 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 10113
Location: MA
shularino wrote:
The stadium and all parking is out by itself,......kind of in a bad area of town. I like it, because it's a fairly easy stadium to get in and out of...............and because all the parking is at the stadium, it lends itself to some real good tailgating.

I haven't been down in about 5 years, but I do not believe there are any bar/restaurants in close proximity, like I said, the stadium is well away from the city.

My advice is to flatten the tires on the bus, grab a plane ticket and leave your Patsy Buddies behind. As long as you have some beer, you wont have a problem joining in on some Phins' parties.


Ha, well its only a shuttle bus from the hotel. I fly to Ft Lauderdale and stay there for the weekend.

Up here at Pats games they have a few tents where its 100 bucks and you eat and drink all you want. Was just wondering if they had anything like that down there. Not sure I want to walk around the parking lot with 20 Pats fans asking if we can join a group...although I'll rock some Dolphins gear and be armed with as much beer as possible.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Tailgating Help
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:52 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 10113
Location: MA
Finhead34 wrote:
Jammer, I am taking my wife and girls to the Pats game. You will need to let me know where you end up hanging out. My seats are in section 134 row 7 too.


Definitely. We'll meet up for some beers.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Tailgating Help
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:49 pm
Posts: 1777
Location: Charlotte, NC
Jammer, I've never checked into tent rentals at SunLife. You may want to contact someone at the stadium. Here's the link........http://www.sunlifestadium.com/


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Tailgating Help
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:55 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:27 am
Posts: 59
jammer there was a tailgate by Nat Moore the past few years. But i didnt see it any longer, however i did see this

http://www.miamidolphins.com/tickets-an ... lgate.html

the nat moore tailgate had all you can drink beer and food but was cost about $50-$60pp. This is cheaper but its a cash bar. They also had Dolphins alum walking through for autographs and pics.

_________________
Always Thinking Super Bowl! Lets Go Dolphins!


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Tailgating Help
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:21 am 
Offline
User avatar
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 5814
Location: Wellington, FL
otowndolfan13 wrote:


The Brus Room party is nice, food is great. And the "Bru" is short for Brudzinski. Try the triple threat sauce, uhhh my mouth is watering now... BBQ+Hot Wing+Garlic


It really depends on what you are looking for.
Unfortunately I have my tickets through work, and this is the game I have to give up.

If you just want to hang with other fans, I would recommend just walking around a bit. The lot surrounds the stadium, and this year they have brought in the food trucks. They circle the blue lot and you have a ton of food to try out. Just be friendly, say hello and most will respond.

The fanzone areas and pro shop is always cool to check out, even going every game we all tend to take a wok over there... They have a band, food and beer tents...


You will be wearing the proper colors to give you access to most tailgates tho. We do stick together

_________________
Caution: Reply may contain sarcasm


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Tailgating Help
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:38 am 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 10113
Location: MA
10acjed wrote:
otowndolfan13 wrote:


The Brus Room party is nice, food is great. And the "Bru" is short for Brudzinski. Try the triple threat sauce, uhhh my mouth is watering now... BBQ+Hot Wing+Garlic


It really depends on what you are looking for.
Unfortunately I have my tickets through work, and this is the game I have to give up.

If you just want to hang with other fans, I would recommend just walking around a bit. The lot surrounds the stadium, and this year they have brought in the food trucks. They circle the blue lot and you have a ton of food to try out. Just be friendly, say hello and most will respond.

The fanzone areas and pro shop is always cool to check out, even going every game we all tend to take a wok over there... They have a band, food and beer tents...


You will be wearing the proper colors to give you access to most tailgates tho. We do stick together


Thanks. I'm not looking to crash anyone's tailgate, just seeing what is available for people who can't bring their own supplies or have a spot for a vehicle. Sounds like there are options for us.

I really appreciate you guys helping me out. Phinfever members...thick as thieves.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r