All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 26173
Location: Miami, FL
The Good

Nothing.

The Bad

This coaching staff is inept. They cannot get their team amped up for big games. The run defense has been a joke all season. The play calling on offense has been vanilla. Even special teams have declined. Overall, this is a team with more talent than their record shows.

The Ugly

Ending the season on a two game losing streak when all of the cards were on the table for the Dolphins to take the pot. The Dolphins lost to two losing teams because they couldn't execute.

Overall

The Dolphins had everything going their way to make the playoffs. If they won the last two games, they were in. If they lost the last game and the Ravens lost or the Chargers won, they were in. The Ravens lost. The Chargers won.

But the Dolphins didn't do their part.

I don't blame the players. I blame the coaching staff that never managed to change the GO/GO GO cadence that gave plays away to the defense. Even when Bryant McKinnie spoke out, they did nothing to change it.

It is evidence of stubbornness and ineptness that doesn't belong in the NFL.

See you next season.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 5682
Location: Houston, Texas
Can we start a Miami Dolphins Miami Dolphins Miami Dolphins #1 ! And when you say Miami you're talking toilet bowl?


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:33 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 12641
Location: Lancaster, PA
pretty much


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:22 am
Posts: 1480
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Rich wrote:

I don't blame the players. I blame the coaching staff that never managed to change the GO/GO GO cadence that gave plays away to the defense. Even when Bryant McKinnie spoke out, they did nothing to change it.

It is evidence of stubbornness and ineptness that doesn't belong in the NFL.



I believe a coach needs a few years to fully convert a team and make it his own. Normally I wouldn't be in favor of a firing already, but this point makes me not want to wait for this staff to fully install their ideas. I do not like what they are doing. I no longer believe in them, and I don't think players will either.

_________________
Don't give up. Don't ever give up." - Jim Valvano


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:57 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 7729
Quote:
Even when Bryant McKinnie spoke out, they did nothing to change it.
If Philbin isn't fired expect McKinnie to be gone for his insulance.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:15 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
Rich wrote:
It is evidence of stubbornness and ineptness that doesn't belong in the NFL.
.


It's the most stubborn coaching staff I can ever remember. Their incompetence is embarrassing.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:16 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 8722
It's the most stubborn coaching staff I can ever remember. Their incompetence is embarrassing.

It's so bad. No adjustments. Just the GO GOGO is enough to fire these a$$holes.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:22 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
Makchell wrote:
It's the most stubborn coaching staff I can ever remember. Their incompetence is embarrassing.

It's so bad. No adjustments. Just the GO GOGO is enough to fire these a$$holes.


Even today, on freaking Play Action it's "go", and on draw plays "go-go".

It's mind boggling.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:14 am 
Offline
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:14 am
Posts: 19
what makes it worst is they(coaching staff) don't wanna learn or admit they are wrong. They got hammered early in season for running the ball on forth n inches and what you know its same situation again did they learn nooo what do they do o same call hand off to full back and same result stuffed again!! they all deserve to be fired


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:03 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 14037
Location: Raleigh, NC
Quote:
The Good

Nothing.


That really sums it up right there. Even Brandon Fields played poorly by shanking a punt and drilling two punts out of the end zone. How can every phase of the team play so poorly?


Two sickening plays for me in this game:

1. Geno Smith running over Wheeler on the way to a TD.

2. Mike Wallace falling down and letting a pass get intercepted.

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:18 am 
Offline
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 6813
Big Dave wrote:

Two sickening plays for me in this game:

1. Geno Smith running over Wheeler on the way to a TD.

2. Mike Wallace falling down and letting a pass get intercepted.

1: Didn't Powell actually push Smith over Wheeler?

2: Wallace is Ted Ginn when it comes to taking hits. Slipping is one thing, but the falling back away from the defender is another.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:27 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 5758
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Tannehill starting his slide 1/2 yard short of the first down marker was pretty costly.

_________________
GASE IS ON THE CASE!!! 2017 , 2018 , 2019 SB CHAMPIONS.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:29 am 
Offline
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 8722
Mathews drop, Wallace overthrow. Jeeez,it never ends.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:31 am 
Offline
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 6813
FINesse wrote:
Tannehill starting his slide 1/2 yard short of the first down marker was pretty costly.

The story of Miami. Not making the plays that win games.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:46 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:50 pm
Posts: 200
Location: Honolulu, HI
Rich wrote:
The Good

Nothing...

The Ugly

Ending the season on a two game losing streak when all of the cards were on the table for the Dolphins to take the pot. The Dolphins lost to two losing teams because they couldn't execute.

Overall

The Dolphins had everything going their way to make the playoffs. If they won the last two games, they were in. If they lost the last game and the Ravens lost or the Chargers won, they were in. The Ravens lost. The Chargers won.

But the Dolphins didn't do their part.

I don't blame the players. I blame the coaching staff that never managed to change the GO/GO GO cadence that gave plays away to the defense. Even when Bryant McKinnie spoke out, they did nothing to change it.

It is evidence of stubbornness and ineptness that doesn't belong in the NFL.

See you next season.


So true. I am very disappointed with the last two games, I thought we'd win both. :cry:


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:22 am
Posts: 1480
Location: Chesapeake, VA
finfan3412 wrote:
what makes it worst is they(coaching staff) don't wanna learn or admit they are wrong. They got hammered early in season for running the ball on forth n inches and what you know its same situation again did they learn nooo what do they do o same call hand off to full back and same result stuffed again!! they all deserve to be fired


Definitely agree!

_________________
Don't give up. Don't ever give up." - Jim Valvano


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:01 am 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 12641
Location: Lancaster, PA
what a joke! the Jets were acting like they won the super bowl in the locker room after the game, I thought I even saw champagne. LOL.

I'm glad our standards of achievement are a little higher than theirs obviously is. We go 8-8, Ross is furious. They go 8-8 and they pop the bubbly.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:34 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 5682
Location: Houston, Texas
I think the Jets celebrated swerve because they just came into a division rivals house, basically embarrassed them AND knocked them out of the playoffs all while listening to probably 20,000 Jet fans chant their stupid chant.

Last game of the season, Rex Ryan told he keeps his job, I am sure all of the above made for a fun moment in their locker room for the last game of the year.

I still cannot believe Miami sat and choked against them and growing up in NY I get the luxury of listening to all the cat calls from my Jet fan friends who do pound their chest during very victory.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:46 am 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 9641
Location: MA
So now guys reviewing the tape are saying Tannehill's knee injury was very apparent and he couldn't step into his throws. Coaching staff had to know this yet still relied on him when he couldn't throw accurate passes. Same thing was apparent with Flacco and you saw how it crippled the Ravens offense.

Really? Why not give Moore the start and employ a simple ground and pound game to not get your QB killed. It was a weaker opponent who you just had to outlast and Moore could actually employ the occasional deep pass.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:43 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 5758
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
swerve13 wrote:
what a joke! the Jets were acting like they won the super bowl in the locker room after the game, I thought I even saw champagne. LOL.

I'm glad our standards of achievement are a little higher than theirs obviously is. We go 8-8, Ross is furious. They go 8-8 and they pop the bubbly.


We will see how furious Ross actually is.
For years now our super has been when the last undefeated team loses & when the Patriots get knocked out of the playoffs.
Our standards are not much higher.
They came into the season thinking 3 wins & Rex being gone by Sunday afternoon at seasons end.
They showed alot more than us at the end.
All that money spent & expectations dashed. I would have put a large mirror in every players locker.
Had we done the same to them in their house it would have been party city as well.
Lets hope they dont use those draft picks wisely.

_________________
GASE IS ON THE CASE!!! 2017 , 2018 , 2019 SB CHAMPIONS.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:42 am 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
swerve13 wrote:
what a joke! the Jets were acting like they won the super bowl in the locker room after the game, I thought I even saw champagne. LOL.

I'm glad our standards of achievement are a little higher than theirs obviously is. We go 8-8, Ross is furious. They go 8-8 and they pop the bubbly.


Didn't they celebrate when Woody announced that Rex would be back?

Hmmmm...


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:02 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 12641
Location: Lancaster, PA
jammer wrote:
So now guys reviewing the tape are saying Tannehill's knee injury was very apparent and he couldn't step into his throws. Coaching staff had to know this yet still relied on him when he couldn't throw accurate passes. Same thing was apparent with Flacco and you saw how it crippled the Ravens offense.

Really? Why not give Moore the start and employ a simple ground and pound game to not get your QB killed. It was a weaker opponent who you just had to outlast and Moore could actually employ the occasional deep pass.


Moore definitely would have outdone Geno. He may not have the upside Tanny showed in wins against NE and Pitt but he doesnt show the downside Tanny does when he plays bad.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:24 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
swerve13 wrote:
jammer wrote:
So now guys reviewing the tape are saying Tannehill's knee injury was very apparent and he couldn't step into his throws. Coaching staff had to know this yet still relied on him when he couldn't throw accurate passes. Same thing was apparent with Flacco and you saw how it crippled the Ravens offense.

Really? Why not give Moore the start and employ a simple ground and pound game to not get your QB killed. It was a weaker opponent who you just had to outlast and Moore could actually employ the occasional deep pass.


Moore definitely would have outdone Geno. He may not have the upside Tanny showed in wins against NE and Pitt but he doesnt show the downside Tanny does when he plays bad.

Did you see him against Buffalo?


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:26 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 8722
Moore sucks.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:41 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 9641
Location: MA
The point was Moore could have been serviceable for one game so long as you told him to chill out on the gunslinger approach. Dial up the occasional deep ball, have him attempt simple passes...it may have been enough to steal a 17-13 type victory. But the defense would have to show up as well.

I watched some highlight and I see what some of the writers are saying. Tannehill was just winging the ball with his and his accuracy was awful. His TD pass to Wallace was a thing of beauty but his interceptions were awful.

Moore and a steady diet of running the ball MIGHT have been the better option is all I'm saying.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:55 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 12641
Location: Lancaster, PA
Phins Rock wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
jammer wrote:
So now guys reviewing the tape are saying Tannehill's knee injury was very apparent and he couldn't step into his throws. Coaching staff had to know this yet still relied on him when he couldn't throw accurate passes. Same thing was apparent with Flacco and you saw how it crippled the Ravens offense.

Really? Why not give Moore the start and employ a simple ground and pound game to not get your QB killed. It was a weaker opponent who you just had to outlast and Moore could actually employ the occasional deep pass.


Moore definitely would have outdone Geno. He may not have the upside Tanny showed in wins against NE and Pitt but he doesnt show the downside Tanny does when he plays bad.

Did you see him against Buffalo?


You mean when he came in at the very end to try and salvage that epic fail that we were performing?
Let Moore play from start to finish against Lewis or Smith and he wins that game. He's at least good enough for that.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:56 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
I don't disagree. But I was referring to the his floor isn't as low, comment.

Moore is capable of pretty horrendous plays/reads/throws. He's also capable of tremendous accuracy down the field and improvisation. It's his inconstancy that keeps him from being starting caliber over 16 games. Tannehill tends to be more conservative with how he manages the game.

I haven't watched the Jets tape, and probably won't. If what Jammer said is true though, and Tannehill was significantly limited, I would have gone with Moore as well.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 14037
Location: Raleigh, NC
jammer wrote:
So now guys reviewing the tape are saying Tannehill's knee injury was very apparent and he couldn't step into his throws


While I would say that this was his most inaccurate game of the season, he sure looked good on that run where he slid too soon.

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot] and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r