Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:31 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

The Good

Nothing.

The Bad

This coaching staff is inept. They cannot get their team amped up for big games. The run defense has been a joke all season. The play calling on offense has been vanilla. Even special teams have declined. Overall, this is a team with more talent than their record shows.

The Ugly

Ending the season on a two game losing streak when all of the cards were on the table for the Dolphins to take the pot. The Dolphins lost to two losing teams because they couldn't execute.

Overall

The Dolphins had everything going their way to make the playoffs. If they won the last two games, they were in. If they lost the last game and the Ravens lost or the Chargers won, they were in. The Ravens lost. The Chargers won.

But the Dolphins didn't do their part.

I don't blame the players. I blame the coaching staff that never managed to change the GO/GO GO cadence that gave plays away to the defense. Even when Bryant McKinnie spoke out, they did nothing to change it.

It is evidence of stubbornness and ineptness that doesn't belong in the NFL.

See you next season.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:32 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Can we start a Miami Dolphins Miami Dolphins Miami Dolphins #1 ! And when you say Miami you're talking toilet bowl?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:33 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

pretty much

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:38 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Rich wrote:

I don't blame the players. I blame the coaching staff that never managed to change the GO/GO GO cadence that gave plays away to the defense. Even when Bryant McKinnie spoke out, they did nothing to change it.

I believe a coach needs a few years to fully convert a team and make it his own. Normally I wouldn't be in favor of a firing already, but this point makes me not want to wait for this staff to fully install their ideas. I do not like what they are doing. I no longer believe in them, and I don't think players will either.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:57 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Quote:
Even when Bryant McKinnie spoke out, they did nothing to change it.
If Philbin isn't fired expect McKinnie to be gone for his insulance.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:15 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:

It's the most stubborn coaching staff I can ever remember. Their incompetence is embarrassing.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:16 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

It's the most stubborn coaching staff I can ever remember. Their incompetence is embarrassing.

It's so bad. No adjustments. Just the GO GOGO is enough to fire these a$$holes.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:22 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:

It's so bad. No adjustments. Just the GO GOGO is enough to fire these a$$holes.

Even today, on freaking Play Action it's "go", and on draw plays "go-go".

It's mind boggling.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:14 am 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

what makes it worst is they(coaching staff) don't wanna learn or admit they are wrong. They got hammered early in season for running the ball on forth n inches and what you know its same situation again did they learn nooo what do they do o same call hand off to full back and same result stuffed again!! they all deserve to be fired

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:03 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Quote:
The Good

Nothing.

That really sums it up right there. Even Brandon Fields played poorly by shanking a punt and drilling two punts out of the end zone. How can every phase of the team play so poorly?

Two sickening plays for me in this game:

1. Geno Smith running over Wheeler on the way to a TD.

2. Mike Wallace falling down and letting a pass get intercepted.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:18 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Big Dave wrote:

Two sickening plays for me in this game:

1. Geno Smith running over Wheeler on the way to a TD.

2. Mike Wallace falling down and letting a pass get intercepted.

1: Didn't Powell actually push Smith over Wheeler?

2: Wallace is Ted Ginn when it comes to taking hits. Slipping is one thing, but the falling back away from the defender is another.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:27 am 
Phinfever Global Moderator

Tannehill starting his slide 1/2 yard short of the first down marker was pretty costly.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:29 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Mathews drop, Wallace overthrow. Jeeez,it never ends.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:31 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

FINesse wrote:
Tannehill starting his slide 1/2 yard short of the first down marker was pretty costly.

The story of Miami. Not making the plays that win games.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:46 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Rich wrote:
The Good

Nothing...

The Ugly

Ending the season on a two game losing streak when all of the cards were on the table for the Dolphins to take the pot. The Dolphins lost to two losing teams because they couldn't execute.

Overall

The Dolphins had everything going their way to make the playoffs. If they won the last two games, they were in. If they lost the last game and the Ravens lost or the Chargers won, they were in. The Ravens lost. The Chargers won.

But the Dolphins didn't do their part.

See you next season.

So true. I am very disappointed with the last two games, I thought we'd win both. :cry:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:27 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

finfan3412 wrote:
what makes it worst is they(coaching staff) don't wanna learn or admit they are wrong. They got hammered early in season for running the ball on forth n inches and what you know its same situation again did they learn nooo what do they do o same call hand off to full back and same result stuffed again!! they all deserve to be fired

Definitely agree!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:01 am 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

what a joke! the Jets were acting like they won the super bowl in the locker room after the game, I thought I even saw champagne. LOL.

I'm glad our standards of achievement are a little higher than theirs obviously is. We go 8-8, Ross is furious. They go 8-8 and they pop the bubbly.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:34 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I think the Jets celebrated swerve because they just came into a division rivals house, basically embarrassed them AND knocked them out of the playoffs all while listening to probably 20,000 Jet fans chant their stupid chant.

Last game of the season, Rex Ryan told he keeps his job, I am sure all of the above made for a fun moment in their locker room for the last game of the year.

I still cannot believe Miami sat and choked against them and growing up in NY I get the luxury of listening to all the cat calls from my Jet fan friends who do pound their chest during very victory.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:46 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

So now guys reviewing the tape are saying Tannehill's knee injury was very apparent and he couldn't step into his throws. Coaching staff had to know this yet still relied on him when he couldn't throw accurate passes. Same thing was apparent with Flacco and you saw how it crippled the Ravens offense.

Really? Why not give Moore the start and employ a simple ground and pound game to not get your QB killed. It was a weaker opponent who you just had to outlast and Moore could actually employ the occasional deep pass.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:43 am 

swerve13 wrote:
what a joke! the Jets were acting like they won the super bowl in the locker room after the game, I thought I even saw champagne. LOL.

I'm glad our standards of achievement are a little higher than theirs obviously is. We go 8-8, Ross is furious. They go 8-8 and they pop the bubbly.

We will see how furious Ross actually is.
For years now our super has been when the last undefeated team loses & when the Patriots get knocked out of the playoffs.
Our standards are not much higher.
They came into the season thinking 3 wins & Rex being gone by Sunday afternoon at seasons end.
They showed alot more than us at the end.
All that money spent & expectations dashed. I would have put a large mirror in every players locker.
Had we done the same to them in their house it would have been party city as well.
Lets hope they dont use those draft picks wisely.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:42 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:

Didn't they celebrate when Woody announced that Rex would be back?

Hmmmm...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:02 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

jammer wrote:
So now guys reviewing the tape are saying Tannehill's knee injury was very apparent and he couldn't step into his throws. Coaching staff had to know this yet still relied on him when he couldn't throw accurate passes. Same thing was apparent with Flacco and you saw how it crippled the Ravens offense.

Really? Why not give Moore the start and employ a simple ground and pound game to not get your QB killed. It was a weaker opponent who you just had to outlast and Moore could actually employ the occasional deep pass.

Moore definitely would have outdone Geno. He may not have the upside Tanny showed in wins against NE and Pitt but he doesnt show the downside Tanny does when he plays bad.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:24 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:
jammer wrote:

Moore definitely would have outdone Geno. He may not have the upside Tanny showed in wins against NE and Pitt but he doesnt show the downside Tanny does when he plays bad.

Did you see him against Buffalo?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:26 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Moore sucks.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:41 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

The point was Moore could have been serviceable for one game so long as you told him to chill out on the gunslinger approach. Dial up the occasional deep ball, have him attempt simple passes...it may have been enough to steal a 17-13 type victory. But the defense would have to show up as well.

I watched some highlight and I see what some of the writers are saying. Tannehill was just winging the ball with his and his accuracy was awful. His TD pass to Wallace was a thing of beauty but his interceptions were awful.

Moore and a steady diet of running the ball MIGHT have been the better option is all I'm saying.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:55 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Phins Rock wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
jammer wrote:

Did you see him against Buffalo?

You mean when he came in at the very end to try and salvage that epic fail that we were performing?
Let Moore play from start to finish against Lewis or Smith and he wins that game. He's at least good enough for that.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:56 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I don't disagree. But I was referring to the his floor isn't as low, comment.

Moore is capable of pretty horrendous plays/reads/throws. He's also capable of tremendous accuracy down the field and improvisation. It's his inconstancy that keeps him from being starting caliber over 16 games. Tannehill tends to be more conservative with how he manages the game.

I haven't watched the Jets tape, and probably won't. If what Jammer said is true though, and Tannehill was significantly limited, I would have gone with Moore as well.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:52 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

jammer wrote:
So now guys reviewing the tape are saying Tannehill's knee injury was very apparent and he couldn't step into his throws

While I would say that this was his most inaccurate game of the season, he sure looked good on that run where he slid too soon.

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]