View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Draft Order 
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Draft Order
I see on NFL Network that we are drafting 19. I was kind of puzzled as there are teams like the jets, ravens, etc that are all drafting before us with the same record.
I just was surprised because after losing the jets, didn't they jump us in our division ranking, and therefore knocked us out of any conference tiebreakers? I would think that this would rank them "ahead" of us and would carry over to the draft order, but maybe I am wrong. I didn't look this up, but our conference record must have dropped these last two weeks. Possibly others were still lower than us

Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:08 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Draft Order
After overall, then draft slotting goes by strength of schedule.

Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:11 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

F@$% the Jests.

Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:31 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-draft

Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:23 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

If Miami is sneaky smart on draft day they could walk away with 2 potential starting caliber offensive tackles. First by using that 19th pick on the best available tackle, and 2nd by taking advantage of UNC's James Hurst's misfortune as he broke his leg 2 days ago in his bowl game. He was projected as a possible 1st rounder, now probably could be available in the 3rd round with the injury.

We could also grab one of the top guards in round 2.

Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:32 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

If Miami is sneaky smart on draft day they could walk away with 2 potential starting caliber offensive tackles. First by using that 19th pick on the best available tackle, and 2nd by taking advantage of UNC's James Hurst's misfortune as he broke his leg 2 days ago in his bowl game. He was projected as a possible 1st rounder, now probably could be available in the 3rd round with the injury.

Use are 1st 3 picks on the OL? What about safety? LB? RB? WR? OL is our biggest need for sure, but I think we can find serviceable guards via FA. Knowing our luck, they will all sit anyway and not play....see '13 draft.

Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:50 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

swerve13 wrote:

Ok...So you want to draft some more guys coming out of college with injuries. But expect him to start this time..

We all know it worked so well last year?

Ver`we ver`we sneaky Elmer :haha

Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:15 am
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

swerve13 wrote:

I have Hurst as a mid-late round OG. And that's without knowledge of the injury.

I don't mean to step all over you, but I can't think of a time I've ever been more underwhelmed by a supposed top prospect then when I watched Hurst play on tape. I don't see an offensive tackle there. Unfortunately for him he's not athletic enough to be scheme diverse as a guard either.

Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:21 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Phins Rock wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

I have Hurst as a mid-late round OG. And that's without knowledge of the injury.

I don't mean to step all over you, but I can't think of a time I've ever been more underwhelmed by a supposed top prospect then when I watched Hurst play on tape. I don't see an offensive tackle there. Unfortunately for him he's not athletic enough to be scheme diverse as a guard either.

Well don't that take the wind out of his sails.

Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:25 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Kev1321 wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

Well don't that take the wind out of his sails.

why are you here? Seriously go away troll, you bring zero the the boards.

Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:04 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I know he's not one of the top 6 tackles in this draft class but all over draft message boards they're calling Hurst a steal in round 2 or 3. He wouldnt be out or anything next year, he's just going to miss out on alot of draft evaluation so he will likely fall, but many think he will be a very good right tackle in the NFL.

Quote:
NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah believes UNC senior T James Hurst raised his stock against South Carolina. Even though junior defensive end Jadeveon Clowney did not line up over Hurst on every snap, they definitely put plays on tape for evaluators to review in the coming months

Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]