View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Anyone else fine with Philbin? 
2012 NFL Pick 'Em Champ
2012 NFL Pick 'Em Champ

Post Re: Anyone else fine with Philbin?
Gotta hand it to the Texans , they went out & got their guy. No hesitating. I think they are the best team to have the #1 pick , certainly in recent memory. I would imagine they go with the QB from Louisville?? I think they will be back next season. Especially if they just stay half as healthy as this season. Hey ... what about Schaub??

Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:33 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

FINesse wrote:
Gotta hand it to the Texans , they went out & got their guy. No hesitating. I think they are the best team to have the #1 pick , certainly in recent memory. I would imagine they go with the QB from Louisville?? I think they will be back next season. Especially if they just stay half as healthy as this season. Hey ... what about Schaub??

I would think you would be correct on Bridgewater.

I do have to wonder about Manziel being a Texas boy from birth that the Texans will factor that into the decision & being able to sell Bridgewater over him. Fan base most likely will want Manziel.

Tough choice for them for sure. However they have made the tough call before.

Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:43 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Quote:
(KFFL)Miami Dolphins head coach Joe Philbin is expected to remain with the team next season but owner Stephen Ross has not made a final decision.

The only way I see Ireland fired, but not Philben is if the GM job is filled from within & they want Philben sticking around.

Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:56 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

GOGo Ross, GO. He needs to be fired, I can't let this GO.

Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:59 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I like Coach Philbin and I think he is doing a decent job to earn another season. But Jeff Ireland has got to go, 5 years of being mediocre is enough. And Sherman and Coyle should both probably be out as well.

Ireland completely blew this last free agency period by spending money on the wrong things. Clabo was a major downgrade on the O-line that cost at least two games. Lamar Miller and Daniel Thomas did not have the big plays nor the leadership that Reggie Bush provided. And Ellerbe and Wheeler were about a push with losing Dansby and Burnett. Yes, Grimes was a nice addition but Sean Smith had a great year in KC. This guy has had more than enough chances it is time for him to go.

Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:27 am
Phinfever VIP!
Phinfever VIP!

FINesse wrote:
Since it looks like Philbin will be staying (yes that can still change but I doubt it)
Its clear that there will be 2 different groups here.
Those who already realize that & are convincing themselves that they are OK with it because maybe they took another shot of the kool aid for new years.
And those who have realized that just because the owner makes his decision you can still dis agree with it & criticize this team & still be a fan.
While my opinion has been he is staying , its for the wrong reasons. Clearly there are grounds to fire Philbin , I just think Ross will not do it at this time. Until he can get a football guy to aid him , all his real estate knowledge will not help this team.
I just cannot believe we are not playing this weekend. That is as much on the players as the staff. But you cannot fire all the players. Just wonder what the opinions will be when everyone comes back except Sherman & Turner.

Ya it seems the nature of today's fans is to byotch about damm near everything.. you just can't keep everyone happy.. i hope people on the site remember that in the end we all want the same thing...

I too have a hard time with the fack that we are donr for the year.. this team came out looking great .. got nailed by all the locker room BS.. adjusted and again looked solid... We had to fight like hell.. how many last min come from behind wins did out QB put together? This kid will be a great QB 1 day.. NOBODY can take the beating he took and be as sharp as they were on day 1...
Just because he didn't show it.. does not mean it was not affecting him...

3 weeks ago there was talk about joe being coach of the year because of what he had worked through... guess what it caught up with us.. we fell short...

the way we lost is what did it for most fans.. come on We allowed the Jets to take us apart.. we allowed Rex ryan to use us to save his job.. i don't think his job was in danger at all BTW.. Still all of us ould have loved to beat the jets get in the playoffs and send rex ryan packing... We sucked when it counted the most.... Off ,def, coaching... Its a huge pill to swallow... it is also all on the heels of some crazy crazy times...... The martin thing.. the o-line... the sacks...
The lack of any run game at all.......

You want to get more pissed off.. go take a look at the list of teams we play next year.. I just posted it...

I like Joe.. I hope he stays another year or 2... I hope Ross lets him have a real shop at building the team.. cause i just can't handle another Rebuild... that's is 100% all we have done since Don left.. rebuild... hire "Football Guys" watch them fail rinse and repeat... if I hear "3 year plan" one more time I may lose my mind...

Let the coach work his plan.. give him time... same with our QB fix the damm o-line... let him play a season where maybe he is not 1/2 mind dead from taking so many hits... I 100% think that some of the extra time it takes for him to get rid of the ball was because he got hit so damm much.... Jay cuttler like play... another season or 2 like that and we won't have to worry IF RT is the QB we all want him to be... he will take that 1 hit sooner or later that ends his playing days...

In the end to me it all comes down to The o-line... and as much as I want Joe to build his team ... I think he better get his head out of his butt when it comes to the o-line..... but i am very sure that he will not make that mistake again....

as for our def.. 1 day we are amazing the next we get walked on.... thats just not our norm...
not sure where the fix is..... I love that we hired a 3rd team guy from another team and he was the def player of the week .. someone found a sleeping gem... just saying

Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:32 am
2012 NFL Pick 'Em Champ
2012 NFL Pick 'Em Champ

So maybe its not like we like Philbin so much but its we just dont want to start another rebuild. I guess that is as good as reason as any to convince ourselves he is still the right guy. It beats hiring another retread in my opinion & still be the same 2 years after that & then look at more retreads to hire as HC.

Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:00 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

FINesse wrote:
So maybe its not like we like Philbin so much but its we just dont want to start another rebuild. I guess that is as good as reason as any to convince ourselves he is still the right guy. It beats hiring another retread in my opinion & still be the same 2 years after that & then look at more retreads to hire as HC.

The test will come for Philban. At a minimum fire Sherman, O line coach, and QB coach. I am not a fan of the work done by Coyle this year... but the truth is, a change must be made at offense.

If Philbin doesnt want to do it, then he is not a leader. The situation sometimes is larger than the truth. Meaning.... Sherman might be an excellent coach (in Philbin's eyes), But, if the dolphins do nothing, then the leadership has lost us. The bototm line is, SOMETHING has to be done. The results dictate that. Word is now coming out that Ross doesn't want to go against his word a few weeks ago about Ireland being safe. Interesting business decision.

Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:00 pm
Phinfever VIP!
Phinfever VIP!

FINesse wrote:

you may be dead on..... sad right..

Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2