View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:50 am



Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Path to winning 
Author Message
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 5354
Post Path to winning
VP - Hire Dan Marino today

GM - Ireland/Philbin - This duo need accountability. I'm currently unsure who was responsible for what decision and that has a large bearing on who you fire and who you keep.

HC - Leave Philbin in place unless you can land Jack Del Rio or Cowher

OC - See if Gary Kubiak wants to coach again.

DC - Anyone whose idea of aggressive defense isn't faking a middle blitz on every down. Seriously, how could they let Nolan get away. Anyone from that Dick Lebow line should fit in.

Personnel:
Wheeler has to go. I think if there was one play that sealed it for me it was when Gino Smith ran it in from the 6yd line. He simply took himself out of the play, was late to recognize it was a designed run, and then only made contact just short of the goal line. ... A stud LB is now a draft priority.
Nolan Carroll - I've never been a Carroll Fan but if he can be resigned on the cheap. I think you keep him.
Grimes - Pay the man
LT - Whoever was responsible for letting him go, should be canned. I've never figured out if it was Ireland's decision or Philbins. Given what their plan was to replace him, this should a quid pro quo. They're probably going to have no choice given their draft position to re-sign McKinnie.
G - They need 2 new ones. Jerry is not mobile enough and LG is in shambles.
RT - I think they re-sign Clabo but might have to grovel and talk Martin into returning.


Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:58 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 3844
Post Re: Path to winning
NFLJunkie wrote:
VP - Hire Dan Marino today

GM - Ireland/Philbin - This duo need accountability. I'm currently unsure who was responsible for what decision and that has a large bearing on who you fire and who you keep.

HC - Leave Philbin in place unless you can land Jack Del Rio or Cowher

OC - See if Gary Kubiak wants to coach again.

DC - Anyone whose idea of aggressive defense isn't faking a middle blitz on every down. Seriously, how could they let Nolan get away. Anyone from that Dick Lebow line should fit in.

Personnel:
Wheeler has to go. I think if there was one play that sealed it for me it was when Gino Smith ran it in from the 6yd line. He simply took himself out of the play, was late to recognize it was a designed run, and then only made contact just short of the goal line. ... A stud LB is now a draft priority.
Nolan Carroll - I've never been a Carroll Fan but if he can be resigned on the cheap. I think you keep him.
Grimes - Pay the man
LT - Whoever was responsible for letting him go, should be canned. I've never figured out if it was Ireland's decision or Philbins. Given what their plan was to replace him, this should a quid pro quo. They're probably going to have no choice given their draft position to re-sign McKinnie.
G - They need 2 new ones. Jerry is not mobile enough and LG is in shambles.
RT - I think they re-sign Clabo but might have to grovel and talk Martin into returning.

VP-Why would he want to leave the plum job at CBS?

GM-Ireland needs to go.

HC-With Ireland fired in turn Philben has to be fired. Del Rio? What? Cowher? Is Done Coaching.

OC - How is his heart?

DC-Who knows? Philben did not want Nolan.

Wheeler - Needs to be used correctly. Smith did not run over Wheeler. Wheeler stopped Smith, then Powell hit Smith forward.

Nolan Carrol - Worth resigning.

Grimes - He played hungry for his last deal. Not sure Miami can tie up that type cash for him.

OL- Needs better coaching that can get them working together on one goal.


Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:32 pm
Profile
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 5354
Post Re: Path to winning
Quote:
VP-Why would he want to leave the plum job at CBS?
Because he said he would enterain the idea on TV a few weeks back.
Quote:
Wheeler - Needs to be used correctly. Smith did not run over Wheeler. Wheeler stopped Smith, then Powell hit Smith forward.


Wheeler took himself out of the play. His job was to plug the whole, but took the outside position then got blocked further outside. Ellerbe over ran the play horribly and is the one that failed to stop Smith at the Goal Line. Miami had 3 guys within a yard of each other, all outside the tackle box. Both have horrible instincts for LBs and appear lost on every other play.


Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:14 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 2625
Location: MA.
Post Re: Path to winning
Quote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
Quote:
VP-Why would he want to leave the plum job at CBS?
Because he said he would enterain the idea on TV a few weeks back.



Wouldn`t it be nice to have that passion around the team for a change.


Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:46 pm
Profile
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:29 am
Posts: 187
Post Re: Path to winning
I'd rather see Dan Marino become an OC. He was offered the VP job before, accepted it and then resigned. I think he would bring more to the table being on the field, and perhaps this way he can finally get his Super Bowl ring. I'd love to see Marino teach our younger talent the game.


Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:24 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dolfan91, Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.