All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:16 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

wish we had this guy, almost impossible to bring down and has that 2nd gear for the killshot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6GlGHRelgM

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:57 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I have him as a early-mid 3rd round back. Similar grade to what I gave Zac Stacy last year.

Solid north-south runner. Like you said he has a nice 2nd gear to get through the hole. Cuts well.

He doesn't have breakaway speed though. "Almost impossible to bring down"?? Not sure I see that at all on tape. Breaks some arm tackles through the hole, but overall he's nothing more than average in that department. He's 5'10 and plays at about 205 pounds; he runs tough, but he is what is from a size/power standpoint and it shows on tape. Gets what's available, but he's not a big play back.

He's a more mature back than Miller, but his pass protection isn't very good right now and his size might limit him in that department. He's ok out of the backfield, but I don't see a great 3rd down back there.

I think he'd be a good replacement for Thomas. His decisive, tough, downhill mentality and good vision leads me to believe that he'll make a decent option in short yardage situations.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:02 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Quote:
Washington running back Bishop Sankey will forego his final season of college eligibility and enter the 2014 NFL Draft.

Sankey, who broke Corey Dillon's single-season school rushing yards with 1,870 in 2013 to go with 20 touchdowns in 13 games, is projected as a second-round prospect, according to NFLDraftScout.com ratings. He is currently the No. 3-rated running back potentially eligible for the 2014 draft, behind fellow juniors Kadeem Carey of Arizona and Auburn's Tre Mason, who not officially stated their intentions. Sankey is the No. 54-rated prospect overall.

"The time is right," Sankey said, per ESPN, which reported he has not yet hired an agent. "I've proven what I needed to prove. I have to look at the position I play and the number of carries."

According to NFLDraftScout.com Analyst Dane Brugler, Sankey's main strengths are his patience to follow blocks and willingness to lower his pads and take on contact. "Balance and low pad level allows him to bounce off defenders with enough wiggle to win in one-on-one opportunities in the open field," Brugler wrote in comparing Sankey's strengths to those of the Baltimore Ravens' Ray Rice.

Last edited by swerve13 on Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:07 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

If 1,870 yards and 20 touchdowns in 13 games is not big play ability than I'm not sure what is.

And you don't see how hard he is to bring down? In that Oregon play alone I counted 9 different guys that had a shot at him and they all still failed to keep him out of the end zone. We need a guy that has a nose for the endzone and this guy sure has it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:27 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:
If 1,870 yards and 20 touchdowns in 13 games is not big play ability than I'm not sure what is.

And you don't see how hard he is to bring down? In that Oregon play alone I counted 9 different guys that had a shot at him and they all still failed to keep him out of the end zone. We need a guy that has a nose for the endzone and this guy sure has it.

I don't base my opinion off of highlights or numbers. I watch the tape. He doesn't have breakaway speed. Gets what's there, but he's not busting big runs at the next level. Just my opinion obviously though.

Geno Smith's completion percentage was 71 at WVU his Sr. year….Was he accurate? No.

Numbers aren't an evaluation tool. I'll look at some metrics that http://secondroundstats.com puts out, but that's about it.

Andre Williams had 2100 rushing yards and a 6.4 ypc average (well ahead of Sankey). Is he a big play back?

Numbers mean nothing.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:25 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

This guy will be long gone by the time we draft a RB. Ireland will probably take an OT first, and that makes sense. After that, he will target puzzling prospects at LB, OG, DB and DE. They probably look RB in round 6 or later.....whoopee.

So many holes to fill....again......please fire Ireland.

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]