View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Dolphins should pursue Jimbo (Fisher), not Jim (Harbaugh) 
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!

Post Dolphins should pursue Jimbo (Fisher), not Jim (Harbaugh)
Quote:
Mike Bianchi

Orlando Sentinel

mbianchi‚Äč@tribune.com

eave it to the wayward, woebegone Miami Dolphins to mess up their coaching search before it even begins..

During this holiday season, the Dolphins are dreaming of a Jiminy Christmas except they seem to be dreaming about the wrong Jiminy.

Or should I say the wrong Jimmy?

All indications point to the Dolphins and owner Stephen Ross again making a futile run at fellow Michigan man and San Francisco 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh when, really, they should be targeting Florida State head coach Jimbo Fisher. ...

When Fisher took over from Bobby Bowden, he turned a lagging program into one of the most modernized football operations in America. He hired sports psychologists, nutritionists and kinesiologists and implemented the latest GPS tracking technology during training drills to keep track of a player's fatigue level during practice.

"In a four-year term, they (FSU) have put together one of the best prescription models of impact (GPS) data across all sports," sports scientist Gary McCoy told the Sentinel's Brendan Sonnone. "I'll walk into NFL clubs and they'll ask who's doing it better than anybody. I say, 'Florida State University.' "

Are you listening, Stephen Ross?

You better be.

Your franchise is falling further and further into the abyss of irrelevance.

Personally, I think Fisher would be a fool to leave FSU, but the Dolphins would be even bigger fools if they didn't try to convince him to do just that.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/flor ... olumn.html

Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:31 am

Post Re: Dolphins should pursue Jimbo (Fisher), not Jim (Harbaugh)
Well, at least the Fins won't have to acquire just choirboys anymore.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:43 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

So this guy's sole point in Fisher literally being the end all, be all in this coaching search, is that he implemented state of the art tech into his football program...bravo...as long as my Dolphin players can have their fatigue measured in practice, I am sold.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:50 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

P.S.

They WIN games.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:20 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

They win games agasint lower caliber teams. Let's be real. The Noles would be wasted in the SEC. Playoffs are around the corner.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:12 pm
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Makchell wrote:
They win games agasint lower caliber teams. Let's be real. The Noles would be wasted in the SEC. Playoffs are around the corner.

Jimbo is a great college coach. And yes Mak, the playoffs are right around the corner and I can't wait. Tired of this BS SEC talk.

Florida State has talent on that team that many SEC teams wanted. Wasted in the SEC. Bullcrap.

AND I did not say Bullcrap either.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:24 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I'm rooting for FSU, but the signs are there Nole fans. Vegas hates the Noles...why?

Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:42 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Mike Bianchi is the biggest Gators homer in Central Florida. He wants to see Jimbo join the Dolphins to get him out of Tallahassee so the Gators can start winning and recruiting again.

Makchell wrote:

They'd hold their own in the SEC.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:59 pm
2014 Survival Champ
2014 Survival Champ

phinsfansc wrote:
Makchell wrote:

Jimbo is a great college coach. And yes Mak, the playoffs are right around the corner and I can't wait. Tired of this BS SEC talk.

Florida State has talent on that team that many SEC teams wanted. Wasted in the SEC. Bullcrap.

AND I did not say Bullcrap either.

SEC is head & shoulders better than any other conference. That is not to say in one game a team cannot win against them. Its the week in, week out that is the killer. Try playing Alabama this week, then come back with LSU the next. Follow that with Ole Miss. Its generally never ending battle.

Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:47 am
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Let's get this clear. Jimbo has worked to hard to build Florida State back to where they are right now. He not leaving.

In regards to the SEC, I have as much respect for the conference than the next person and I have no argument for them not being the best conference in the nation.

No, FSU would not make it thru the SEC undefeated, but teams in the SEC have done it before. Teams have made it thru with one loss. Missouri has come into the conference and had a ton of success with Back to Back SEC Championship games.

When you recruit the way FSU recruits and have the talent that the Noles have, you can compete with ANYBODY.

Mak, Vegas has never been wrong before?????

Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:18 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Lets correct that.... SEC WEST is a killer.... the SEC EAST is a sinking ship. Ever since Urban left Florida, the EAST has sucked big gratuitous monkey wang. Georgia is always underachieving, Florida is insignificant nowadays, South Carolina had a chance for a few years and washed off... its obvious that a good Big 12 team like Missouri that went to their championships on a consistent basis was able to climb the ladder in the INFERIOR SEC EASTERN DIVISION...

SEC WEST is hands down the best division in football. Miss State has always been a very good program that would be a top 25 team for many of the last recent years if they played in any other conference.... and probably would have won the Big East on a yearly basis

Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:07 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

you're all fools, the MAC is where it is at

Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:10 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Jimbo just signed an 8 year extension.

Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]