View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Ross Announcement May Come in Next 24 hrs 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Ross Announcement May Come in Next 24 hrs
Rich wrote:
Ski_Money wrote:
Due to injury to Patterson Rich. C'mon man you know that lol. I smell bait...

Well think about your argument for a minute... you said there is a reason Patterson was the starter, but here is a guy who missed 12 starts because he couldn't get on the field.

Who do you want at QB, the guy that throws 3 TDs and 300 yards a game but misses 13 games or the guy that plays all 16 games but throws 2 TDs and 250 yards a game?

Well I don't have his PFF stats but he started 4 games and has 4 picks. With a sore groin from preseason... I'll take that

Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:43 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

A healthy Patterson would be good, but that's his knock.

Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:59 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Would it be reasonable to assume the longer things go the less is going to happen?

Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:42 am
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Maybe he wants guys who are still coaching due to playoffs? But I think even so , you can make your wishes known.

Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:12 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Ski_Money wrote:
Well I don't have his PFF stats but he started 4 games and has 4 picks. With a sore groin from preseason... I'll take that

Yes, when he started he was amazing. But what is the value of a player who can only start four games for you?

Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:18 am

DanRambo wrote:
To start, I watched every game this year too, and I saw how many times Nolan Carroll got burnt. No, Rich, I don't have that stat, but I will bring it up. When Patterson went down things got real awry down field.

Really? Our secondary was the strength of the defense pretty much all year long.

Nolan Carroll gave up plays... every corner in the NFL gives up plays. Brent Grimes gave up plays. It happens. It doesn't mean they had a terrible season when you put it all together.

Quote:
I never spoke about the years previous, but now that you mention it he hasn't been great...obviously since the only reason he has seen ANY playing time this year is because A. We let Richard Marshall go, and B. Patterson got hurt. Congrat's to him that he beat out a few rookie corners.

He beat out Richard Marshall too... since Marshall was let go because he couldn't win a job.

Quote:
If Nolan Carroll was the guy defending Amendola on that last drive against NE I would almost bet money we lose that game. Sucks, I know, but it's the truth.

You can deal with what ifs... it's what people do when the facts don't back up their arguments.

Quote:
I'm not sure why you got so defensive over it, calm down.

Who said I wasn't calm or that I am being defensive? I simply have a difference of opinion and I have statistical evidence to back it up...

I don't see you bringing that to the table to back up your points. Sorry, I don't subscribe to "I saw how many times Nolan Carroll got burtn" as an objective argument.

Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:37 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rich wrote:
DanRambo wrote:
To start, I watched every game this year too, and I saw how many times Nolan Carroll got burnt. No, Rich, I don't have that stat, but I will bring it up. When Patterson went down things got real awry down field.

Really? Our secondary was the strength of the defense pretty much all year long.

Nolan Carroll gave up plays... every corner in the NFL gives up plays. Brent Grimes gave up plays. It happens. It doesn't mean they had a terrible season when you put it all together.

Quote:
I never spoke about the years previous, but now that you mention it he hasn't been great...obviously since the only reason he has seen ANY playing time this year is because A. We let Richard Marshall go, and B. Patterson got hurt. Congrat's to him that he beat out a few rookie corners.

He beat out Richard Marshall too... since Marshall was let go because he couldn't win a job.

Quote:
If Nolan Carroll was the guy defending Amendola on that last drive against NE I would almost bet money we lose that game. Sucks, I know, but it's the truth.

You can deal with what ifs... it's what people do when the facts don't back up their arguments.

Quote:
I'm not sure why you got so defensive over it, calm down.

Who said I wasn't calm or that I am being defensive? I simply have a difference of opinion and I have statistical evidence to back it up...

I don't see you bringing that to the table to back up your points. Sorry, I don't subscribe to "I saw how many times Nolan Carroll got burtn" as an objective argument.

If you seriously think Nolan Carroll played well this year, you need to get your head out of your stat book and watch the games again, because he played like crap. Maybe we can even watch them together, that way I can see the look on your face every time he gets beat on a route and gives up the play.

My argument will never be heard though, because I don't have a stat for it. Even though it is a legit point.

Allllllllllllll aboard the Carroll Ship.
Pop. 1

Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:28 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Carroll played pretty decent. Way better than I thought he would. He's not an answer but a decent back up

Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:03 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I thought Carroll played well, but Patterson was the playmaker.

Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:19 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

That's the problem Dave, we need playmakers. Carrol is a solid dime CB, maybe nickel if needed, but he's not a playmaker. Paterson balls, but he's hurt.

Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:50 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

DanRambo wrote:

If you seriously think Nolan Carroll played well this year, you need to get your head out of your stat book and watch the games again, because he played like crap. Maybe we can even watch them together, that way I can see the look on your face every time he gets beat on a route and gives up the play.

My argument will never be heard though, because I don't have a stat for it. Even though it is a legit point.

Nor the truth of reasonable evaluation. Carrol held his own this yr considering teams avoided Grimes.. That is the problem with most fans of teams. They only watch their team & do not realize how they compare to other players.

Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:38 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

And if Patterson rehabilitated a few weeks longer he'd be in the pro bowl next to Grimes.

Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:44 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I'm all for thinking about things instead of rushing to a hasty decision, but I'd like a little more decisiveness from Ross.

Just my opinion, but I think he has had long enough. I don't see any news about Ted Wells, so I wouldn't count on the results of his investigation coming out any time soon. I don't want another situation like when he interviewed Harbaugh while Sparano was still with the Dolphins.

I'd like the focus to move quickly on healing and repairing whats broken. If no one is going to be fired, then go ahead and make that announcement too. If a change is coming, then put it in motion.

Right now, everything is just stagnant, and that is not good. I hope this limbo ends quickly and whatever direction they decide to go in starts soon. Choices will start to disappear, and the draft and free agency will be here before you know it.

Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:03 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Dphins4me wrote:
They only watch their team & do not realize how they compare to other players.

:hithead:

Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:07 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Regardless of what he (Mr. Ross) decides to do, I am still not comfortable with the starting QB. I just wished we had given Pat Devlin and Matt Moore a chance to save this season. I feel the majority of our problems this season was the inability to score points.

I back it up by the last 8 quarters where we only score 7 points, and we're a Pro Team.

Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:17 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

dolphans1 wrote:
Regardless of what he (Mr. Ross) decides to do, I am still not comfortable with the starting QB. I just wished we had given Pat Devlin and Matt Moore a chance to save this season. I feel the majority of our problems this season was the inability to score points.

I back it up by the last 8 quarters where we only score 7 points, and we're a Pro Team.

It was all that Ryan Tannehills fault, everyone knows that. If he had held the ball, laces out, like he was supposed to, Ray would never have missed that kick. Ryan Tannehill should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?

Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:26 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Kev1321 wrote:
dolphans1 wrote:

It was all that Ryan Tannehills fault, everyone knows that. If he had held the ball, laces out, like he was supposed to, Ray would never have missed that kick. Ryan Tannehill should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?

Kev, I believe I remember you from DD days.

All I am saying for the last 2 seasons all I've seen is the same, we can't score a lot of points and we're average.

We are quick to blame the OL, the running-backs, Ireland, the Head Coach, or pick what ever, the GO-GO cadence, but we can't blame the young QB we have, even though he has very little experience and was an average as a college QB.

Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:32 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

But you know Moore and Devlin are better?....But you didn't know how well Jordan played this year.

If you want a new qb thats fine. Hell i wouldn't complain if we drafted one this year..You can always trade the one that you don't want.

But when you say Devlin and Moore are better options. I'm not sure you're gonna get much support for that one!

Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:55 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Kev1321 wrote:
But you know Moore and Devlin are better?....But you didn't know how well Jordan played this year.

If you want a new qb thats fine. Hell i wouldn't complain if we drafted one this year..You can always trade the one that you don't want.

But when you say Devlin and Moore are better options. I'm not sure you're gonna get much support for that one!

That is his default position. He used to go on and on in every thread on finsiders about how great tyler thigpen was.

Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:00 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

rodneyfaile wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:

That is his default position. He used to go on and on in every thread on finsiders about how great tyler thigpen was.

The man knows talent.

Hey dolphins1 whats your opinion of Cam Newton? :haha

Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:06 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Hell i wouldn't complain if we drafted one this year..You can always trade the one that you don't want.

I've said this for years and the GMs not listening. I agree.

Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:37 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Kev1321 wrote:

says the guy who calls him Hennehill. :haha

Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:57 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Kev1321 wrote:

Hear me out, I feel with Moore or Devlin we make the playoffs this year and certainly last year.

How good are Moore or Devlin, its hard to tell, but at least give them a chance to try and save the season, when we're struggling scoring points.

Even Dan Marino got benched when he struggled earlier in his career.

Like pitching in baseball, try something.

Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:44 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

When did Marino get benched?

Pat Devlin? He struggled against 3rd string defenses in the preseason and you think he's going to make the difference?

I'm fine with Miami spending a 3rd or even 2nd round pick to hedge their bets. Green Bay did it before Rodgers took that next step.

Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:34 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

dolphans1 wrote:
Hear me out, I feel with Moore or Devlin we make the playoffs this year and certainly last year.

How good are Moore or Devlin, its hard to tell, but at least give them a chance to try and save the season, when we're struggling scoring points.

Even Dan Marino got benched when he struggled earlier in his career.

Like pitching in baseball, try something.

Can't argue Moore, because he has some skills. Not sure Miami does or does not. Delvin? Are you serious?

Marino got benched? Okay.

The only games Marino did not start were games 1 & 2 of 1983. He came in to relieve in Game 3. Did not play Game 4 & came in relief in Game 5. Got his 1st start in Game 6 & never looked back.

If Marino was healthy he stated.

Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:14 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Delvin sucks my friend. Moore is who he is, a career backup.

Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:43 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

swerve13 wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:

I called a pick six Hennehill....How did that Cam Newton thing work out for ya?

Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:46 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Makchell wrote:
Delvin sucks my friend. Moore is who he is, a career backup.

An overpaid back up...I would rather a guy with upside..

Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:53 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

says the guy who calls him Hennehill. :haha[/quote]

Quote:

No you didnt. Stop lieing. Did we trade for Eli Manning yet? :haha

Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:04 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Quote:
swerve13 wrote:

Quote:

No you didnt. Stop lieing. Did we trade for Eli Manning yet? :haha
[/quote]

lieing....dahhh

Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:24 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Kev1321 wrote:

I will say this on Newton. From what I'm reading. Mike Shula is getting a ton of credit for his development.

Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:26 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I suppose Ross will wait till the rest of the NFL teams to finish their search for new coaches.....it is the Miami way!

At the minimum, I want to see Ireland and Sherman gone. Coyle should be out too.

Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:48 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rich wrote:
DanRambo wrote:
I don't think they could play much worse than Nolan Carroll did.

Carroll allowed 48% of the passes thrown his way to be completed, he gave up two TDs and picked up three passes, allowing a QB rating of 65.

What exactly is so terrible about that?

I'd take Carroll or Patterson over any of these Colts corners. They're making Alex Smith look like Johnny Manziel.

Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:56 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

swerve13 wrote:
I'd take Carroll or Patterson over any of these Colts corners. They're making Alex Smith look like Johnny Manziel.
Davis only has two tackles, so either the Chiefs are avoiding him or he is not the one making the tackles when his WR makes a catch.

Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:50 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
Davis only has two tackles, so either the Chiefs are avoiding him or he is not the one making the tackles when his WR makes a catch.

Davis has had big time groin problems he was trying to play through. Sound like someone we know? Patters.... lol

Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:06 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rock Sexton wrote:
Davis has had big time groin problems he was trying to play through. Sound like someone we know? Patters.... lol

Game ending tackle was made by Davis.

Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2