View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:43 am



Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Ross Announcement May Come in Next 24 hrs 
Author Message
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 3412
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
Post Re: Ross Announcement May Come in Next 24 hrs
Rich wrote:
Ski_Money wrote:
Due to injury to Patterson Rich. C'mon man you know that lol. I smell bait...


Well think about your argument for a minute... you said there is a reason Patterson was the starter, but here is a guy who missed 12 starts because he couldn't get on the field.

Who do you want at QB, the guy that throws 3 TDs and 300 yards a game but misses 13 games or the guy that plays all 16 games but throws 2 TDs and 250 yards a game?


Well I don't have his PFF stats but he started 4 games and has 4 picks. With a sore groin from preseason... I'll take that

_________________
Image


Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:43 am
Profile
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 6569
Post Re: Ross Announcement May Come in Next 24 hrs
A healthy Patterson would be good, but that's his knock.


Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:59 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 4479
Post Re: Ross Announcement May Come in Next 24 hrs
Would it be reasonable to assume the longer things go the less is going to happen?


Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:42 am
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 3825
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Post Re: Ross Announcement May Come in Next 24 hrs
Maybe he wants guys who are still coaching due to playoffs? But I think even so , you can make your wishes known.

_________________
Extend Philbin!
Enough already , this is the best regime in the NFL ...by far!!
2014 Lazor Powered... THE MAKING OF A DYNASTY!!


Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:12 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21598
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Ross Announcement May Come in Next 24 hrs
Ski_Money wrote:
Well I don't have his PFF stats but he started 4 games and has 4 picks. With a sore groin from preseason... I'll take that


Yes, when he started he was amazing. But what is the value of a player who can only start four games for you?

_________________
Image


Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:18 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21598
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Ross Announcement May Come in Next 24 hrs
DanRambo wrote:
To start, I watched every game this year too, and I saw how many times Nolan Carroll got burnt. No, Rich, I don't have that stat, but I will bring it up. When Patterson went down things got real awry down field.


Really? Our secondary was the strength of the defense pretty much all year long.

Nolan Carroll gave up plays... every corner in the NFL gives up plays. Brent Grimes gave up plays. It happens. It doesn't mean they had a terrible season when you put it all together.

Quote:
I never spoke about the years previous, but now that you mention it he hasn't been great...obviously since the only reason he has seen ANY playing time this year is because A. We let Richard Marshall go, and B. Patterson got hurt. Congrat's to him that he beat out a few rookie corners.


He beat out Richard Marshall too... since Marshall was let go because he couldn't win a job.

Quote:
If Nolan Carroll was the guy defending Amendola on that last drive against NE I would almost bet money we lose that game. Sucks, I know, but it's the truth.


You can deal with what ifs... it's what people do when the facts don't back up their arguments.

Quote:
I'm not sure why you got so defensive over it, calm down.


Who said I wasn't calm or that I am being defensive? I simply have a difference of opinion and I have statistical evidence to back it up...

I don't see you bringing that to the table to back up your points. Sorry, I don't subscribe to "I saw how many times Nolan Carroll got burtn" as an objective argument.

_________________
Image


Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:37 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:50 am
Posts: 310
Post Re: Ross Announcement May Come in Next 24 hrs
Rich wrote:
DanRambo wrote:
To start, I watched every game this year too, and I saw how many times Nolan Carroll got burnt. No, Rich, I don't have that stat, but I will bring it up. When Patterson went down things got real awry down field.


Really? Our secondary was the strength of the defense pretty much all year long.

Nolan Carroll gave up plays... every corner in the NFL gives up plays. Brent Grimes gave up plays. It happens. It doesn't mean they had a terrible season when you put it all together.

Quote:
I never spoke about the years previous, but now that you mention it he hasn't been great...obviously since the only reason he has seen ANY playing time this year is because A. We let Richard Marshall go, and B. Patterson got hurt. Congrat's to him that he beat out a few rookie corners.


He beat out Richard Marshall too... since Marshall was let go because he couldn't win a job.

Quote:
If Nolan Carroll was the guy defending Amendola on that last drive against NE I would almost bet money we lose that game. Sucks, I know, but it's the truth.


You can deal with what ifs... it's what people do when the facts don't back up their arguments.

Quote:
I'm not sure why you got so defensive over it, calm down.


Who said I wasn't calm or that I am being defensive? I simply have a difference of opinion and I have statistical evidence to back it up...

I don't see you bringing that to the table to back up your points. Sorry, I don't subscribe to "I saw how many times Nolan Carroll got burtn" as an objective argument.



If you seriously think Nolan Carroll played well this year, you need to get your head out of your stat book and watch the games again, because he played like crap. Maybe we can even watch them together, that way I can see the look on your face every time he gets beat on a route and gives up the play.

My argument will never be heard though, because I don't have a stat for it. Even though it is a legit point.

Allllllllllllll aboard the Carroll Ship.
Pop. 1


Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:28 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:08 pm
Posts: 375
Location: Cincinnati
Post Re: Ross Announcement May Come in Next 24 hrs
Carroll played pretty decent. Way better than I thought he would. He's not an answer but a decent back up

_________________
Image


Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:03 pm
Profile
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 8946
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Re: Ross Announcement May Come in Next 24 hrs
I thought Carroll played well, but Patterson was the playmaker.

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:19 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 6569
Post Re: Ross Announcement May Come in Next 24 hrs
That's the problem Dave, we need playmakers. Carrol is a solid dime CB, maybe nickel if needed, but he's not a playmaker. Paterson balls, but he's hurt.


Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:50 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 4479
Post Re: Ross Announcement May Come in Next 24 hrs
DanRambo wrote:

If you seriously think Nolan Carroll played well this year, you need to get your head out of your stat book and watch the games again, because he played like crap. Maybe we can even watch them together, that way I can see the look on your face every time he gets beat on a route and gives up the play.

My argument will never be heard though, because I don't have a stat for it. Even though it is a legit point.

Nor the truth of reasonable evaluation. Carrol held his own this yr considering teams avoided Grimes.. That is the problem with most fans of teams. They only watch their team & do not realize how they compare to other players.


Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:38 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 3412
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
Post Re: Ross Announcement May Come in Next 24 hrs
And if Patterson rehabilitated a few weeks longer he'd be in the pro bowl next to Grimes.

_________________
Image


Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:44 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:22 am
Posts: 1480
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Post Re: Ross Announcement May Come in Next 24 hrs
I'm all for thinking about things instead of rushing to a hasty decision, but I'd like a little more decisiveness from Ross.

Just my opinion, but I think he has had long enough. I don't see any news about Ted Wells, so I wouldn't count on the results of his investigation coming out any time soon. I don't want another situation like when he interviewed Harbaugh while Sparano was still with the Dolphins.

I'd like the focus to move quickly on healing and repairing whats broken. If no one is going to be fired, then go ahead and make that announcement too. If a change is coming, then put it in motion.

Right now, everything is just stagnant, and that is not good. I hope this limbo ends quickly and whatever direction they decide to go in starts soon. Choices will start to disappear, and the draft and free agency will be here before you know it.

_________________
Don't give up. Don't ever give up." - Jim Valvano


Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:03 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 3096
Location: MA.
Post Re: Ross Announcement May Come in Next 24 hrs
Dphins4me wrote:
They only watch their team & do not realize how they compare to other players.



:hithead:


Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:07 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:29 am
Posts: 456
Post Re: Ross Announcement May Come in Next 24 hrs
Regardless of what he (Mr. Ross) decides to do, I am still not comfortable with the starting QB. I just wished we had given Pat Devlin and Matt Moore a chance to save this season. I feel the majority of our problems this season was the inability to score points.

I back it up by the last 8 quarters where we only score 7 points, and we're a Pro Team.


Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:17 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 3096
Location: MA.
Post Re: Ross Announcement May Come in Next 24 hrs
dolphans1 wrote:
Regardless of what he (Mr. Ross) decides to do, I am still not comfortable with the starting QB. I just wished we had given Pat Devlin and Matt Moore a chance to save this season. I feel the majority of our problems this season was the inability to score points.

I back it up by the last 8 quarters where we only score 7 points, and we're a Pro Team.




It was all that Ryan Tannehills fault, everyone knows that. If he had held the ball, laces out, like he was supposed to, Ray would never have missed that kick. Ryan Tannehill should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?


Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:26 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:29 am
Posts: 456
Post Re: Ross Announcement May Come in Next 24 hrs
Kev1321 wrote:
dolphans1 wrote:
Regardless of what he (Mr. Ross) decides to do, I am still not comfortable with the starting QB. I just wished we had given Pat Devlin and Matt Moore a chance to save this season. I feel the majority of our problems this season was the inability to score points.

I back it up by the last 8 quarters where we only score 7 points, and we're a Pro Team.




It was all that Ryan Tannehills fault, everyone knows that. If he had held the ball, laces out, like he was supposed to, Ray would never have missed that kick. Ryan Tannehill should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?


Kev, I believe I remember you from DD days.

All I am saying for the last 2 seasons all I've seen is the same, we can't score a lot of points and we're average.

We are quick to blame the OL, the running-backs, Ireland, the Head Coach, or pick what ever, the GO-GO cadence, but we can't blame the young QB we have, even though he has very little experience and was an average as a college QB.


Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:32 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 3096
Location: MA.
Post Re: Ross Announcement May Come in Next 24 hrs
But you know Moore and Devlin are better?....But you didn't know how well Jordan played this year.

If you want a new qb thats fine. Hell i wouldn't complain if we drafted one this year..You can always trade the one that you don't want.




But when you say Devlin and Moore are better options. I'm not sure you're gonna get much support for that one!


Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:55 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:22 am
Posts: 1480
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Post Re: Ross Announcement May Come in Next 24 hrs
Kev1321 wrote:
But you know Moore and Devlin are better?....But you didn't know how well Jordan played this year.

If you want a new qb thats fine. Hell i wouldn't complain if we drafted one this year..You can always trade the one that you don't want.




But when you say Devlin and Moore are better options. I'm not sure you're gonna get much support for that one!


That is his default position. He used to go on and on in every thread on finsiders about how great tyler thigpen was.

_________________
Don't give up. Don't ever give up." - Jim Valvano


Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:00 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 3096
Location: MA.
Post Re: Ross Announcement May Come in Next 24 hrs
rodneyfaile wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:
But you know Moore and Devlin are better?....But you didn't know how well Jordan played this year.

If you want a new qb thats fine. Hell i wouldn't complain if we drafted one this year..You can always trade the one that you don't want.




But when you say Devlin and Moore are better options. I'm not sure you're gonna get much support for that one!


That is his default position. He used to go on and on in every thread on finsiders about how great tyler thigpen was.



The man knows talent.

Hey dolphins1 whats your opinion of Cam Newton? :haha


Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:06 pm
Profile
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 6569
Post Re: Ross Announcement May Come in Next 24 hrs
Hell i wouldn't complain if we drafted one this year..You can always trade the one that you don't want.

I've said this for years and the GMs not listening. I agree.


Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:37 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 6295
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: Ross Announcement May Come in Next 24 hrs
Kev1321 wrote:
But you know Moore and Devlin are better?....But you didn't know how well Jordan played this year.

If you want a new qb thats fine. Hell i wouldn't complain if we drafted one this year..You can always trade the one that you don't want.




But when you say Devlin and Moore are better options. I'm not sure you're gonna get much support for that one!


says the guy who calls him Hennehill. :haha


Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:57 am
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:29 am
Posts: 456
Post Re: Ross Announcement May Come in Next 24 hrs
Kev1321 wrote:
But you know Moore and Devlin are better?....But you didn't know how well Jordan played this year.

If you want a new qb thats fine. Hell i wouldn't complain if we drafted one this year..You can always trade the one that you don't want.




But when you say Devlin and Moore are better options. I'm not sure you're gonna get much support for that one!


Hear me out, I feel with Moore or Devlin we make the playoffs this year and certainly last year.

How good are Moore or Devlin, its hard to tell, but at least give them a chance to try and save the season, when we're struggling scoring points.

Even Dan Marino got benched when he struggled earlier in his career.

Like pitching in baseball, try something.


Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:44 am
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5842
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: Ross Announcement May Come in Next 24 hrs
When did Marino get benched?

Pat Devlin? He struggled against 3rd string defenses in the preseason and you think he's going to make the difference?

I'm fine with Miami spending a 3rd or even 2nd round pick to hedge their bets. Green Bay did it before Rodgers took that next step.


Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:34 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 4479
Post Re: Ross Announcement May Come in Next 24 hrs
dolphans1 wrote:
Hear me out, I feel with Moore or Devlin we make the playoffs this year and certainly last year.

How good are Moore or Devlin, its hard to tell, but at least give them a chance to try and save the season, when we're struggling scoring points.

Even Dan Marino got benched when he struggled earlier in his career.

Like pitching in baseball, try something.

Can't argue Moore, because he has some skills. Not sure Miami does or does not. Delvin? Are you serious?

Marino got benched? Okay.

The only games Marino did not start were games 1 & 2 of 1983. He came in to relieve in Game 3. Did not play Game 4 & came in relief in Game 5. Got his 1st start in Game 6 & never looked back.

If Marino was healthy he stated.


Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:14 am
Profile
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 6569
Post Re: Ross Announcement May Come in Next 24 hrs
Delvin sucks my friend. Moore is who he is, a career backup.


Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:43 am
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 3096
Location: MA.
Post Re: Ross Announcement May Come in Next 24 hrs
swerve13 wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:
But you know Moore and Devlin are better?....But you didn't know how well Jordan played this year.

If you want a new qb thats fine. Hell i wouldn't complain if we drafted one this year..You can always trade the one that you don't want.




But when you say Devlin and Moore are better options. I'm not sure you're gonna get much support for that one!


says the guy who calls him Hennehill. :haha


I called a pick six Hennehill....How did that Cam Newton thing work out for ya?


Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:46 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 3096
Location: MA.
Post Re: Ross Announcement May Come in Next 24 hrs
Makchell wrote:
Delvin sucks my friend. Moore is who he is, a career backup.


An overpaid back up...I would rather a guy with upside..


Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:53 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 6295
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: Ross Announcement May Come in Next 24 hrs
says the guy who calls him Hennehill. :haha[/quote]

Quote:
I called a pick six Hennehill....How did that Cam Newton thing work out for ya?


No you didnt. Stop lieing. Did we trade for Eli Manning yet? :haha


Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:04 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 3096
Location: MA.
Post Re: Ross Announcement May Come in Next 24 hrs
Quote:
swerve13 wrote:
says the guy who calls him Hennehill. :haha


Quote:
I called a pick six Hennehill....How did that Cam Newton thing work out for ya?


No you didnt. Stop lieing. Did we trade for Eli Manning yet? :haha
[/quote]


lieing....dahhh


Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:24 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 4479
Post Re: Ross Announcement May Come in Next 24 hrs
Kev1321 wrote:

I called a pick six Hennehill....How did that Cam Newton thing work out for ya?

I will say this on Newton. From what I'm reading. Mike Shula is getting a ton of credit for his development.


Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:26 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 am
Posts: 2435
Post Re: Ross Announcement May Come in Next 24 hrs
I suppose Ross will wait till the rest of the NFL teams to finish their search for new coaches.....it is the Miami way!

At the minimum, I want to see Ireland and Sherman gone. Coyle should be out too.

_________________
Image
Philbin's countenance exudes confidence!
1984 was so long ago...Will there ever be another rainbow?


Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:48 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 6295
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: Ross Announcement May Come in Next 24 hrs
Rich wrote:
DanRambo wrote:
I don't think they could play much worse than Nolan Carroll did.


Carroll allowed 48% of the passes thrown his way to be completed, he gave up two TDs and picked up three passes, allowing a QB rating of 65.

What exactly is so terrible about that?


I'd take Carroll or Patterson over any of these Colts corners. They're making Alex Smith look like Johnny Manziel.


Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:56 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 4479
Post Re: Ross Announcement May Come in Next 24 hrs
swerve13 wrote:
I'd take Carroll or Patterson over any of these Colts corners. They're making Alex Smith look like Johnny Manziel.
Davis only has two tackles, so either the Chiefs are avoiding him or he is not the one making the tackles when his WR makes a catch.


Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:50 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5641
Post Re: Ross Announcement May Come in Next 24 hrs
Dphins4me wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
I'd take Carroll or Patterson over any of these Colts corners. They're making Alex Smith look like Johnny Manziel.
Davis only has two tackles, so either the Chiefs are avoiding him or he is not the one making the tackles when his WR makes a catch.


Davis has had big time groin problems he was trying to play through. Sound like someone we know? Patters.... lol

_________________
Image


Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:06 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 4479
Post Re: Ross Announcement May Come in Next 24 hrs
Rock Sexton wrote:
Davis has had big time groin problems he was trying to play through. Sound like someone we know? Patters.... lol

Game ending tackle was made by Davis.


Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:13 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.