View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Joe Philbin Has To Go! 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Joe Philbin Has To Go!
I am going to let it all out, whether you agree with me or not! The Dolphins need to fire Joe Philbin plain and simple. He has given us two average seasons. I am sorry but it is unacceptable after all the moves we made. It is unacceptable to lose to the stinking Jets and Bills at the end of the season. You can all ask for Ireland's head, but honestly he doesn't COACH the players. He has given the Dolphins (IMO) a very solid team on paper and done a solid job financially. We have a franchise QB (Tannehill), one of the NFLs best burners (Wallace), pro bowl shutdown CB (Grimes), up and coming beast TE (Clay), one of the leagues best pass rusher (Wake), among other players. Is Jeff Ireland Mr. Amazing? Heck no, but stop blaming the darn GM. I can care less if he gets fired too but COACHING is the REAL problem.

The Dolphins need to find a GREAT HEAD COACH! The Niners went 10 straight seasons without a winning season until Jim Harbaugh arrived and they had good players on the roster before he was there. He was the one who got the best out of Vernon Davis and Alex Smith -- among others! He took the Niners to the NFC Championship game his first season and to the Super Bowl the following year. Andy Reid (has been to the SB) took a struggling Chiefs team that had went to the playoffs 1 time in the last 6 years. John Fox (has been to the SB) is on track to take the Broncos to the Super Bowl. Pete Carroll turned around a Seahawk franchise that was on the decline in his very first season and has steadily made them into serious contenders. The very innovative Chip Kelly has made his mark in the NFL in just one season. Bill Belichick has won division titles with or without Tom Brady under center! Mike McCarthy made the playoffs with Aaron Rodgers out 8 weeks this season and 15 other players on IR! The Saints had not made the playoffs for 5 straight seasons until Sean Payton arrived. They have made the playoffs 5 out of the last 6 seasons -- he was suspended the 1 time they didn't make it in that span. The Steelers have gone 7 straight seasons at .500 or above under Mike Tomlin!

I love how the Kansas City Chiefs had 20 starters benched and took the Chargers into OT -- a team that was desperate for a win to clinch a playoff spot. Why? Because that is a well coached team! You're going to tell me that the Chiefs whole second string is better than our starters!? C'mon now! Tighten up people!

The Cowboys are a perfect example of poor coaching! Why because Jerry Jones always wants a puppet head coach ever since he fired Jimmy Johnson. The Cowboys are just like the Dolphins, good team on paper but horrible coaching! Let Bill Belichik or Jim Harbaugh get a hold of the Cowboys roster and they would be in the playoffs and winning Super Bowls! Same can be said for our Dolphins!

Joe Philbin under-utilized Reggie Bush last year and split half the workload with DANIEL stinking THOMAS. He never even used Bush to his best assets. This year they did the same with Lamar Miller and were so predicable on offense.

Who the heck continues to use Daniel Thomas every game when there are practice squad players better than him around the whole league! Who the heck utilizes Michael Egnew as your full back? Who the heck allows your QB to get sacked over and over without any adjustments and set a franchise record? Who the heck allows for the whole Jonathan Martin scandal to occur? Who the heck starts Jonathan Martin at left tackle to protect your Franchise QBs blind side knowing very well that he is SOFT! Who the heck sends Davone Bess on Go Routes (last season) knowing darn well he is not a burner and cannot out jump anyone. Who the heck blows big leads going into the 2nd half and gets out played just about every 4th quarter this season? Who doesn't utilize his players to their best abilities? Who the heck doesn't make any kind of adjustments throughout a WHOLE GAME! Who the heck losses to the win-less BUCCS!...
JOE PHILBIN people! Thats WHO! I don't have anything personal against Philbin but he was just another Tony Sparano or Cam Cameron. Good coordinators and position coaches but not good HEAD COACHES! You want to fire Mike Sherman? Yea he was just average, but who brought him on board people? Joe Philbin!

You can point the finger at Ireland, the O-Line, etc. But at the end of the day, there are only 2 individuals that receive a WIN or LOSS next to their name and it is the Quarterback and the Head Coach! There is a reason for that! It is up to the head coach to utilize his players to their best abilities, game-plan, scheme, make in-game adjustments, create mismatches, call the plays, develop his players, set lineups, prepare, control, motivate, and LEAD HIS darn TEAM!

Ryan Tannehill is definitely not the problem! The man took hit after hit and made plenty of plays without a darn run game or the proper utilization of his skill set. We have the franchise QB, now find the head coach that can bring the best out of him and this team.

I'm tired of people crucifying Jeff Ireland. There is a lot of blame to go around but for me it starts with the head coach.

DON SHULA was the head coach of the Miami Dolphins for 36 seasons and he only had 2 losing seasons EVER! When people remember the ONLY PERFECT SEASON in NFL history, they think of Don Shula! He contended just about every single season with any group of players! It is on the head coach and his staff to develop players and bring out the best of them.

I am not saying that Joe Philbin is the worst head coach because we have had a lot worse, but there is no excuse for the Dolphins to lose the last two games of the season versus the Bills and Jets! To get out scored 39-7 is simply pathetic. Jeff Ireland is not responsible for those TWO LOSSES! In my opinion the Dolphins have the better roster than both the Bills and Jets yet they still lost badly because of BAD COACHING!

Find that GREAT HEAD COACH! BYE BYE PHILBIN!

Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:19 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Re: Joe Philbin Has To Go!
I love how Brandon Marshall balls out in Denver and Chicago but wasn't in beast form in Miami, but of course that is Ireland's fault.

I love how many people considered Sean Smith and Vontae Davis busts, yet they are starters and key contributors on two playoff teams with good defenses, but of course its Ireland's fault that Sean Smith dropped about 15 interceptions while in Miami.

I love how Reggie Bush was used in Miami in comparison to the way he was used in Detroit and New Orleans, but of course that is Ireland's fault.

I love how Jeff Ireland spent way too much money on Karlos Dansby yet in Arizona he's back to the play-maker we knew him to be. Again must be Ireland's fault.

The list goes on. We try to make Ted Ginn a number 1 type WR yet other teams took advantage of his speed and explosiveness on special teams. We can't develop late round picks like Donald Thomas but other teams like the Patriots and Colts develop him and others into starters. We can't get anyone from Lamar Miller to Daniel Thomas to Marcus Thigpen to Mike Gillislee to Charles Clay to run for a single yard or run the ball efficiently on a consistent basis to save our lives, yet teams like the Buccs are running down our throats with 3rd and 4th string running backs named Brian Leonard and Bobby Rainey (who was cut this season by the Ravens). Let me guess, all our running backs must be BUSTS! Of course they are because Jeff Ireland signed them! Its his fault!

Stop putting most of the blame on the guy who handles contracts and start pointing your fingers at the guys who actually develop and lead the players.

Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:35 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Don't forget Miami fans favorite whipping boy from the mid 2000s. Wade Smith. Playing at a All-Pro level since leaving Miami. Of course they have him a guard where Miami had him at tackle.

Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:39 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

It's a double edge sword. They both suck. Ireland is the laughing stock of the NFL for a reason.

Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:09 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

TheCarver13 wrote:
I am going to let it all out, whether you agree with me or not! The Dolphins need to fire Joe Philbin plain and simple. He has given us two average seasons. I am sorry but it is unacceptable after all the moves we made. It is unacceptable to lose to the stinking Jets and Bills at the end of the season. You can all ask for Ireland's head, but honestly he doesn't COACH the players. He has given the Dolphins (IMO) a very solid team on paper and done a solid job financially. We have a franchise QB (Tannehill), one of the NFLs best burners (Wallace), pro bowl shutdown CB (Grimes), up and coming beast TE (Clay), one of the leagues best pass rusher (Wake), among other players. Is Jeff Ireland Mr. Amazing? Heck no, but stop blaming the darn GM. I can care less if he gets fired too but COACHING is the REAL problem.

The Dolphins need to find a GREAT HEAD COACH! The Niners went 10 straight seasons without a winning season until Jim Harbaugh arrived and they had good players on the roster before he was there. He was the one who got the best out of Vernon Davis and Alex Smith -- among others! He took the Niners to the NFC Championship game his first season and to the Super Bowl the following year. Andy Reid (has been to the SB) took a struggling Chiefs team that had went to the playoffs 1 time in the last 6 years. John Fox (has been to the SB) is on track to take the Broncos to the Super Bowl. Pete Carroll turned around a Seahawk franchise that was on the decline in his very first season and has steadily made them into serious contenders. The very innovative Chip Kelly has made his mark in the NFL in just one season. Bill Belichick has won division titles with or without Tom Brady under center! Mike McCarthy made the playoffs with Aaron Rodgers out 8 weeks this season and 15 other players on IR! The Saints had not made the playoffs for 5 straight seasons until Sean Payton arrived. They have made the playoffs 5 out of the last 6 seasons -- he was suspended the 1 time they didn't make it in that span. The Steelers have gone 7 straight seasons at .500 or above under Mike Tomlin!

I love how the Kansas City Chiefs had 20 starters benched and took the Chargers into OT -- a team that was desperate for a win to clinch a playoff spot. Why? Because that is a well coached team! You're going to tell me that the Chiefs whole second string is better than our starters!? C'mon now! Tighten up people!

The Cowboys are a perfect example of poor coaching! Why because Jerry Jones always wants a puppet head coach ever since he fired Jimmy Johnson. The Cowboys are just like the Dolphins, good team on paper but horrible coaching! Let Bill Belichik or Jim Harbaugh get a hold of the Cowboys roster and they would be in the playoffs and winning Super Bowls! Same can be said for our Dolphins!

Joe Philbin under-utilized Reggie Bush last year and split half the workload with DANIEL stinking THOMAS. He never even used Bush to his best assets. This year they did the same with Lamar Miller and were so predicable on offense.

Who the heck continues to use Daniel Thomas every game when there are practice squad players better than him around the whole league! Who the heck utilizes Michael Egnew as your full back? Who the heck allows your QB to get sacked over and over without any adjustments and set a franchise record? Who the heck allows for the whole Jonathan Martin scandal to occur? Who the heck starts Jonathan Martin at left tackle to protect your Franchise QBs blind side knowing very well that he is SOFT! Who the heck sends Davone Bess on Go Routes (last season) knowing darn well he is not a burner and cannot out jump anyone. Who the heck blows big leads going into the 2nd half and gets out played just about every 4th quarter this season? Who doesn't utilize his players to their best abilities? Who the heck doesn't make any kind of adjustments throughout a WHOLE GAME! Who the heck losses to the win-less BUCCS!...
JOE PHILBIN people! Thats WHO! I don't have anything personal against Philbin but he was just another Tony Sparano or Cam Cameron. Good coordinators and position coaches but not good HEAD COACHES! You want to fire Mike Sherman? Yea he was just average, but who brought him on board people? Joe Philbin!

You can point the finger at Ireland, the O-Line, etc. But at the end of the day, there are only 2 individuals that receive a WIN or LOSS next to their name and it is the Quarterback and the Head Coach! There is a reason for that! It is up to the head coach to utilize his players to their best abilities, game-plan, scheme, make in-game adjustments, create mismatches, call the plays, develop his players, set lineups, prepare, control, motivate, and LEAD HIS darn TEAM!

Ryan Tannehill is definitely not the problem! The man took hit after hit and made plenty of plays without a darn run game or the proper utilization of his skill set. We have the franchise QB, now find the head coach that can bring the best out of him and this team.

I'm tired of people crucifying Jeff Ireland. There is a lot of blame to go around but for me it starts with the head coach.

DON SHULA was the head coach of the Miami Dolphins for 36 seasons and he only had 2 losing seasons EVER! When people remember the ONLY PERFECT SEASON in NFL history, they think of Don Shula! He contended just about every single season with any group of players! It is on the head coach and his staff to develop players and bring out the best of them.

I am not saying that Joe Philbin is the worst head coach because we have had a lot worse, but there is no excuse for the Dolphins to lose the last two games of the season versus the Bills and Jets! To get out scored 39-7 is simply pathetic. Jeff Ireland is not responsible for those TWO LOSSES! In my opinion the Dolphins have the better roster than both the Bills and Jets yet they still lost badly because of BAD COACHING!

Find that GREAT HEAD COACH! BYE BYE PHILBIN!

Could you see ANY CEO of any company running negative on profits 5 straight consecutive years, and STILL maintaining his job? Hell no. Ross gave him hundreds of millions of dollars to win ONE more game this season, no one in the personnel department isn't at fault.

Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:25 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

As I said, there is plenty of blame to go around and I can care less for Jeff Ireland, but ultimately you have to blame the coaching on this seasons disastrous end.

Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:16 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

No creativity either, its not like the Jets are a good team.

Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:24 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

If both coordinators are bad, how is the head coach safe?

Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:35 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

TheCarver13 wrote:
As I said, there is plenty of blame to go around and I can care less for Jeff Ireland, but ultimately you have to blame the coaching on this seasons disastrous end.

Lol what? Couldn't care less? Dude you just made a novel sized rant in favor of the guy.

:)

Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:12 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
TheCarver13 wrote:

Lol what? Couldn't care less? Dude you just made a novel sized rant in favor of the guy.

:)

The title of my thread clearly states "Joe Philbin Has To Go!" I clearly made a "novel sized rant" of why I believe Joe Philbin should be replaced.

I also wrote this at the start of my rant "Is Jeff Ireland Mr. Amazing? Heck no, but stop blaming the darn GM. I can care less if he gets fired too but COACHING is the REAL problem."

The main thing I was trying to get across in my rant is that I believe coaching has been more to blame than anything else. That is just my opinion. I do believe Ireland has done a solid job. I don't think he's been horrible nor do I think he has been great, just solid. But would I care if he got fired? NO! Who would the fans have to blame once Ireland is gone? Do I think someone can do a better job then Jeff Ireland? Well of course! I am not "in favor" of anyone because we have been average to below average for the past 5 or 6 years. But again, in my opinion it has been more because of coaching -- I stated several reasons and examples above. Can anyone in this whole forum argue that the Jets roster is better than the Dolphins top to bottom? Please I would like to see it. Yet we still lost to the BETTER COACHED team. We would have probably lost to the 2nd string Chiefs too because they are better coached than the Dolphins. But let me guess that is Jeff Ireland's fault.

Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:18 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

AFCMiamiEast wrote:

Might want to read what he typed up. He puts all the blame on the coaches, not Ireland

Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]