View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:07 pm



Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Dave Hyde: If Ross is staying with Philben and Ireland ... 
Author Message
Online
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 8577
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Dave Hyde: If Ross is staying with Philben and Ireland ...
Dave Hyde wrote:
If Steve Ross is staying with Joe Philbin and Jeff Ireland for the sake of continuity, he might as well stay the full course. He might as well allow Philbin to keep offensive coordinator Mike Sherman, too. The option is firing Sherman and having to find an offensive coordinator who would change the offensve for a possible one-year run. Remember when Tony Sparano had to do that with Brian Daboll? I’m on record saying I’d sweep out this regime. I’ve seen enough. But if Ross is going give Ireland and Philbin one more year for the sake of stability, it's best to give them one more year with full stability. Keep the offense intact. Keep the system in place. The problem, of course, if Ireland and Philbin disagree on the coaching. Is Ross trying to untangle that? Philbin has final say on his coaching staff to a point. Ross has actually final say, consiering he can fire Philbin. “No decisions,” was the line from a top official Thursday night. We’ll see what Friday brings.


http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... 9174.story

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:22 am
Profile WWW
Online
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 5581
Post Re: Dave Hyde: If Ross is staying with Philben and Ireland ...
I think if you're going to give Philbin another year, you let him call the shots. As a matter of fact, if I were Philbin I would demand that or asked to be let go. Just my 2 cents. Ireland....he protects Ross's wallet and never has been a good GM. He needs to go.


Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:47 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 4642
Location: Houston, Texas
Post Re: Dave Hyde: If Ross is staying with Philben and Ireland ...
This all leads to the recipe for yet another year of medicority.........then next year EVERYONE gets the axe. A waste of another season is the odds on favorite.

Buffalo is getting better, the Jets will get better and NE won't go away either.


Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:51 am
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5517
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: Dave Hyde: If Ross is staying with Philben and Ireland ...
My gut is telling me a big shake up is coming over the weekend. I bet Ross and his advisors with close ties to other personnel are probably seeing what is and is not available.

After the playoff games I could see a big announcement of something out of the blue like Bill Polian as GM and Mike Shula as HC (not advocating either, but just an example). No way Ross goes into another 2011 type season with lame duck coach (especially one who isn't even calling the shots) and new OC, and definitely does not give Ireland the resources to dig a hole for future years just to save his bacon in 2014.


Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:10 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:50 am
Posts: 173
Post Re: Dave Hyde: If Ross is staying with Philben and Ireland ...
So, an anonymous quote gets said and now everyone is going to believe that Sherman is actually running this team. Wow. I'm not sure what to say honestly. I just wish I could know what the hell is actually going on. Don't we all, right?


Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5517
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: Dave Hyde: If Ross is staying with Philben and Ireland ...
DanRambo wrote:
So, an anonymous quote gets said and now everyone is going to believe that Sherman is actually running this team. Wow. I'm not sure what to say honestly. I just wish I could know what the hell is actually going on. Don't we all, right?


Think about it for a second. Joe Philbin's only experience is as an assistant and then as an OC who's job was to design a game plan. He's never called plays, had to make in game adjustments or lead men.

Mike Sherman has been a HC at all levels, calls the plays, has his hand picked QB as the trigger man and has served as a mentor to Philbin almost his entire professional career. It would make sense to have Sherman basically teaching Philbin as they go.

No one knows what is going on but all we are certain of is Philbin's resume prior to Miami is basically being an organized guy and helping develop a game plan.


Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:06 pm
Profile
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:07 pm
Posts: 28
Post Re: Dave Hyde: If Ross is staying with Philben and Ireland ...
NFLJunkie wrote:
I think if you're going to give Philbin another year, you let him call the shots. As a matter of fact, if I were Philbin I would demand that or asked to be let go. Just my 2 cents. Ireland....he protects Ross's wallet and never has been a good GM. He needs to go.


I would let you go.


Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:15 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:12 am
Posts: 78
Post Re: Dave Hyde: If Ross is staying with Philben and Ireland ...
jammer wrote:
DanRambo wrote:
So, an anonymous quote gets said and now everyone is going to believe that Sherman is actually running this team. Wow. I'm not sure what to say honestly. I just wish I could know what the hell is actually going on. Don't we all, right?


Think about it for a second. Joe Philbin's only experience is as an assistant and then as an OC who's job was to design a game plan. He's never called plays, had to make in game adjustments or lead men.

Mike Sherman has been a HC at all levels, calls the plays, has his hand picked QB as the trigger man and has served as a mentor to Philbin almost his entire professional career. It would make sense to have Sherman basically teaching Philbin as they go.

No one knows what is going on but all we are certain of is Philbin's resume prior to Miami is basically being an organized guy and helping develop a game plan.



This sums up my thoughts as well. I actually would like to see Philbin go MORE than I did with Sparano! Personally, I feel like Ireland would throw his own mother under the bus if it meant his longevity with a team...this FO is a complete cluster %#k.


Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:21 pm
Profile
Online
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 8577
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Re: Dave Hyde: If Ross is staying with Philben and Ireland ...
Let's not skip over this comment. Hyde wants to put the broom to this group.

Dave Hyde wrote:
I’m on record saying I’d sweep out this regime. I’ve seen enough.

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:24 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], hab321, Kev1321, NFLJunkie, Yahoo [Bot] and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.