View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Nick Foles better than Ryan Tannehill, don't believe me, ask 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays

Post Re: Nick Foles better than Ryan Tannehill, don't believe me, ask
Kev1321 wrote:
Quote:
What I recall was Bledsoe being knock out for the yr in 2001 by a vicious hit in Game 2

But you didn`t know he was not playing due to injury due to injury.

While trying to insult this guy for making a mistake....What an oximoron.

that's not what an oxymoron is chief. It may be ironic, but not an oxymoron.

example of an oxymoron: Jumbo Shrimp

Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:49 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

swerve13 wrote:

that's not what an oxymoron is chief. It may be ironic, but not an oxymoron.

example of an oxymoron: Jumbo Shrimp

I'm glad someone else picked that up. I did not want to point that out also.

Of course his whole post really confused me. I'm still not sure how telling someone that I do not recall what they do & then telling them what I recall is insulting them.

I always thought insulting someone was telling them "They are dumber than a box of rocks"

Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:58 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:
jammer wrote:
The thing is we act like Tannehill should have landed all dozen of those missed deep throws. If that is the case why didn't Roethlisberger have 20 TD passes to Wallace because we all know darn well if he was able to get behind coverage in Miami then he did in Pittsburgh.

Have never once maintained that Tanny should've landed all. We've even had this conversation before and it was specifically mentioned it was the wide-open ones that get tiresome watching being squandered.

They represent huge momentum swing opportunities. They're a punch in the mouth to defenses. Can't utilize them? Good luck trying to put on 12-14 play drives every drive to be competitive.

Didn't mean to imply you specifically, but the whole concept that Tannehill and Wallace left a dozen TDs on the field is overblown.

And I agree that every drive can't be the Tony Sparano variety that ends in field goals and a handful of TDs. But hitting on some of those long balls can be easier if Miami actually has a ground game and can employ play action passes. The play action attempts we saw were not of a QB having a ton of time and faking out the secondary.

I think a lot of this gets fixed next year in terms of Tannehill-Wallace. Unfortunately I have no faith that the team will be fixed unless they purge the current coaching staff.

Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:36 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

The play action attempts we saw were not of a QB having a ton of time and faking out the secondary.

Yep and when you say GO and tell the entire defense it's a pass, play action will never work. There is no fear of a run when GO means pass. Why not just line up and say run run? Or line up and say Pass! Same thing.

Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:27 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Makchell wrote:
The play action attempts we saw were not of a QB having a ton of time and faking out the secondary.

Yep and when you say GO and tell the entire defense it's a pass, play action will never work. There is no fear of a run when GO means pass. Why not just line up and say run run? Or line up and say Pass! Same thing.

The more we discuss this and the more I think about it the more I will be sick to my stomach if these coaches return. Yeah I understand the players have to execute and a lot was left on the field, but geez they were set up for failure on so many occasions.

Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:07 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

NOBODY can take that many hits without it affecting them at some point...

Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:49 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
The more we discuss this and the more I think about it the more I will be sick to my stomach if these coaches return. Yeah I understand the players have to execute and a lot was left on the field, but geez they were set up for failure on so many occasions.

What I don't understand is how when Tanny does well, it's all him. But when he comes out and leads the offense to 7pts in two games to end the season when the playoffs were on the line, it's all coaching and everybody else.

That is not a statement in favor of this coaching staff, because clearly they have issues ..... but I just find the distinction fascinating and almost self-fulfilling.

Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:52 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Rock Sexton wrote:
What I don't understand is how when Tanny does well, it's all him. But when he comes out and leads the offense to 7pts in two games to end the season when the playoffs were on the line, it's all coaching and everybody else.

That is not a statement in favor of this coaching staff, because clearly they have issues ..... but I just find the distinction fascinating and almost self-fulfilling.

It's very simple, Rock. Tannehill is a developing player. He is supposed to have deficiencies in his game, bumps along the road, growing pains etc. These coaches are the ones that are supposed to be developing him. They are supposed to be offensive gurus with years and years of experience in the NFL.

That being said, I think the people who are unwilling to assign some responsibility to Tannehill when he performs poorly are few and far between. Don't overstate it as if it a large group of "Tanny-lovers".

Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:25 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Rock Sexton wrote:
jammer wrote:

I agree Rock. Maybe its just that when all our eggs are in this one basket that we have a franchise QB , its a bit hard to admit that he might not be that guy??

Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:27 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

randylvc wrote:
NOBODY can take that many hits without it affecting them at some point...

Thank You! Give him a decent Oline, A back who can block when they blitz, and maybe he will be what we want in a QB. My issue is the long throws, needs to improve, and he needs to use his legs more to keep the pass rushers honest. He just sits in the pocket too long when he could get a few yards rather then a sack and -6. A half way decent running game to keep us out of those 3rd and 10 would help as well.

Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:48 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Rich wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:

It's very simple, Rock. Tannehill is a developing player. He is supposed to have deficiencies in his game, bumps along the road, growing pains etc. These coaches are the ones that are supposed to be developing him. They are supposed to be offensive gurus with years and years of experience in the NFL.

That being said, I think the people who are unwilling to assign some responsibility to Tannehill when he performs poorly are few and far between. Don't overstate it as if it a large group of "Tanny-lovers".

Agree Tannehill should be blamed for the times he played poorly and the coaches who are supposed to help him develop let him get creamed this year. It's a testament to his toughness that he made it through the year.

Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:59 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:

Quite the contrary. When Tannehill does well its often because the whole offense is progressing, not just him making things happen. And when the offense is performing it makes the lives of Philbin and Sherman easier.

Its the adversity or the need to change things up where the players have no say and the coaches set them up for failure. That happened on too many occasions. Perfect example was the final game. Tannehill has a knee injury, can't step into throws and his accuracy is awful. Rather than leave him out there to suck even more Sherman could have dialed up more running plays or said ya know what let's give Matt a try to catch the Jets off guard. Instead he stuck to the usual let's call pass play that aren't working.

Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:11 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I told you about this guy.

On to the ignore list. He and Kev are the sole members.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3