View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Ireland, Philbin safe??? 
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Post Re: Ireland, Philbin safe???
Ross should be firing the coach.

This team had enough talent to beat the Colts, Patriots, Chargers and Bengals and lost to the Bucs and Bills twice.

That's on coaching.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:47 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

rodneyfaile wrote:
And that's not even considering what Ted Wells has to say.

This is something we haven't heard too much about. Some whispers that perhaps the investigation will lead to Ireland's exit, but that is about it.

I'm curious what Wells will find out that Ross could not. Unfortunately I think they will wait until after the Super Bowl to present the findings because we all know the NFL wants zero negative publicity during this period.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:36 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Buff d-line is just a beast it kick the snot out of our o-line...

Buff is just a terrabad matchup for us TBH...

Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:05 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

randylvc wrote:

Well, if there wasn't time to let normal routes develop and there were no holes for the ground game then why not do EXACTLY what Thad Lewis did = throw quick, dump off passes to the backs and TE? So what if it only gets 5 yards per clip, at least it is forward progress.

Tannehill was having accuracy issues, the weather was awful and the o-line couldn't block. So why did they continue with the same gameplan after it didn't work in the 1st half?

If a team is a bad matchup for what you normally do then change it up. Its how the Pats have been winning the division for over a decade. How many times have we seen Charles Clay take a 3 yard completion and turn it into a 10 yard gain? Where was that? How about quick play action where you dump it off to a WR?

Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:18 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Yeah, Buffs D-line is so good it let L. Blount gash them for a 180. Excuse, after excuse with this team.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:20 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

jammer wrote:
randylvc wrote:

Well, if there wasn't time to let normal routes develop and there were no holes for the ground game then why not do EXACTLY what Thad Lewis did = throw quick, dump off passes to the backs and TE? So what if it only gets 5 yards per clip, at least it is forward progress.

Tannehill was having accuracy issues, the weather was awful and the o-line couldn't block. So why did they continue with the same gameplan after it didn't work in the 1st half?

If a team is a bad matchup for what you normally do then change it up. Its how the Pats have been winning the division for over a decade. How many times have we seen Charles Clay take a 3 yard completion and turn it into a 10 yard gain? Where was that? How about quick play action where you dump it off to a WR?

Ya, it's seriously time that us and all the other teams learn exactly why New England has continued success. Their offensive system sustains success with all of those short routes and quick hitter screens. That's why Brady's accuracy is so high. It's a high percentage offense. It's a pain in the neck to defend.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:35 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

you know thats a great point! and one i just have been asking myself all year where is the quick strike passing game.. you know the one we tend to see when we are down by 7 with like 4 min to go..

and I agree the play calling was just crap... I will be very happy to see a new OC in the house...

remember hard knocks.. 2 seasons ago.. I remember watching the other coaches very calm but very fast paced.. very focused.. Then there was Iron Mike screaming his head off spit flying when he yelled. lol.. just a strange combo... I was thinking then if the new coach is all about calm and bust your butt and fast pace and focus... How does that fit in with this screaming spitting OC...

not saying that that coaching style cant work.. Bill P was a hard butt ... it worked for him..

Dick V coached calm and his players respected him for it... but pretty much the entire coaching staff was on the same page...

i just never seen that with our combo... they just seem like they come from 2 different worlds..
maybe now our coach is past the hire my friends BS and starts hiring people that can do the damm job..

What worries me more.. is the Def.. very little has been said about how the def fell apart down the stretch as well as the off.. we need to fix the o-line.. that has to be job one.. but man if the def keep playing like they have... were still gonna be in trouble.. getting a look at who we play next season was like a kick in the shin TBH ....

I don't care what people THINK Ross should do.. Joe is our coach.. and i still think he is the closest thing we have had to a good one in a long long time... He is green.. our owner is green... new go go off and let them go def was all new... all the team leadership just gone....

I think that was the thing that sealed our season... in trying to put HIS seasl on the team he dropped way too many vets.. leaders at that... it's joes way or the highway.... thats great IF you last long enough for your way to hake hold.... right now thats not looking good...

Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:36 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joe is our coach.. and i still think he is the closest thing we have had to a good one in a long long time... He is green

He's so good that he can't figure out that GOGO and GO give our plays away? Too green for me then.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:43 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Makchell wrote:
Joe is our coach.. and i still think he is the closest thing we have had to a good one in a long long time... He is green

He's so good that he can't figure out that GOGO and GO give our plays away? Too green for me then.

looking like we don't have much of a choice TBH

what do you think happens with our GM?

Last edited by randylvc on Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:07 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

You're right about that.

I don't really know if it's ireland's fault. Rumor has it he wanted Matt Ryan and Jimmy Graham. He hit of RT, Pouncey, and some lower picks that contribute. I really feel that the coaches let the players down by not putting them in positions for success.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:18 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Makchell wrote:

You're right about that.

I don't really know if it's ireland's fault. Rumor has it he wanted Matt Ryan and Jimmy Graham. He hit of RT, Pouncey, and some lower picks that contribute. I really feel that the coaches let the players down by not putting them in positions for success.

ya were about on the same page... It was amazing watching him work last season....

the part that bugs me is the talk that GM and coach are not on the same page.... if ross has them blaming each other in a attempt to save jobs... Ross is a bigger fool then i thought and i already think he is way over his head as an owner....

last off season coach and GM just seemed to feed off each other... now it seems like they are looking to feed each other to the wolves...

proir to last seaosn i was not impressed,,, but he was also working for a burnt out bill P at the time IMO

Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:07 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I think they are still waiting to hear about Ireland's dirt in the Wells Report. If he gets the axe I bet Brian Gaine is promoted and everyone gets their 1 year "prove it" opportunity.

In all honesty, just ignore everything I type because I've already flopped on my predictions that Ross would clean house on Sunday and announce major GM and HC hirings.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:08 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

jammer wrote:
I think they are still waiting to hear about Ireland's dirt in the Wells Report. If he gets the axe I bet Brian Gaine is promoted and everyone gets their 1 year "prove it" opportunity.

Things always work out when you give a new GM & old coach a one year prove it. It work so well in 2004 that Miami traded a future 2nd for A.J. Feeley.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:22 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Dphins4me wrote:
jammer wrote:

Things always work out when you give a new GM & old coach a one year prove it. It work so well in 2004 that Miami traded a future 2nd for A.J. Feeley.

The AJ Feeley pick was for the most part heavily defended here. It was noted that although Feeley was #3 on the Eagles depth chart he was actually their #2 because Detmer was the place kicker holder & therefor had to be listed as a #2. Well we certainly got a #2.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:45 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

The AJ Feeley pick was for the most part heavily defended here.

I actually liked it, boy was I wrong..lol

Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2