View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Phins statistically took a step back in Year 2 of Philbin 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Phins statistically took a step back in Year 2 of Philbin
Quote:
by Andrew Abramson

Did the Miami Dolphins improve in Year 2 under Coach Joe Philbin?

Statistically: No.

Here’s a look at 24 statistical categories from Year 1 to Year 2 of Philbin. The Dolphins improved in eight categories, regressed in 10 categories and held even in six categories.

Of course, in the category that means most — wins — the Dolphins did have a one game improvement. But it did not result in a playoff berth. ...

- See more at: http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedaily ... kWL12.dpuf

Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:04 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Re: Phins statistically took a step back in Year 2 of Philbin
GOGO...enough said.

Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:17 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

The situation is mirroring Saprano's final year..........considering it's been a week without any announcement..........Ross is demonstrating he doesn't have great confidence in him.

Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:48 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I don't think Ross is going to make any changes. Stuck on stupid. 7-9 +/- a game in 2014.

Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:51 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I expect the same results next season.

Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:17 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

What's the argument to keep Philbin..............he's organized? The Bills and Jets are improving so it's not going to get any easier. Plus, Philbin has been miserable in the Division.......Pats 1-3, Bills 1-3 and Jets 2-2.....for a combined record of 4-8, not good considering 8 of those games were against the Bills and Jets.

In Philbin's press conference he stated this team was close, but this team was just as close to being 4-12. Considering, we ranked in the high 20's in both O&D, we were fortunate to be 8-8. Over time, the record will more closely reflect the stats...............shame for a team that seems to be pretty talented in a lot of key areas.

Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:28 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

shularino wrote:
The situation is mirroring Saprano's final year..........considering it's been a week without any announcement..........Ross is demonstrating he doesn't have great confidence in him.

Not sure I agree him not saying anything is demonstrating he doesn't have great confidence in him.

Does Ross feel the need to announce he is keeping Philben?

Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:29 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Dphins4me wrote:
shularino wrote:

Not sure I agree him not saying anything is demonstrating he doesn't have great confidence in him.

Does Ross feel the need to announce he is keeping Philben?

Yeah, either way he goes...........Ross has to come out and hold a presser. The only way he could have avoided that is if he clearly stated Philben would be returning immediately after the Jets game.

Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:02 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

shularino wrote:

Yeah, either way he goes...........Ross has to come out and hold a presser. The only way he could have avoided that is if he clearly stated Philben would be returning immediately after the Jets game.

I do not see why he needs to make an announcement of no changes. Has every other team that did not make the playoffs come out & announce they were not firing the HC? If so, then maybe Miami needs to do that.

From what I have read & I have certainly not read everything. This is media driven. Has Ross made any comment at all that he is even thinking about change? Ross not being happy at the loss to the Jets, does not mean he is thinking of firing the coach.

Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:30 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

He came out & said nobody is safe & he will evaluate everything plus the news report how "disgusted" he was after the Jets loss. He needs to release some kind of statement even if everyone is safe. At least throw us some more BS to keep our hopes oh so hi.

Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:35 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

FINesse wrote:
He came out & said nobody is safe & he will evaluate everything plus the news report how "disgusted" he was after the Jets loss. He needs to release some kind of statement even if everyone is safe. At least throw us some more BS to keep our hopes oh so hi.

I maybe wrong & Kev will make sure to let us know if I am. I do not recall Ross saying those words. I'm reading sources are saying this & that, but outside this below. I've not read another statement actually quoting Ross. That is why I said it was media driven.

Quote:
Steve Ross came out of the Dolphins locker room after Sunday's 20-7 loss and basically announced no one's job is safe. ( THIS IS THE REPORTERS OPINION )

"I'm making no comment on that," he stated before adding, "We're going to look at everything."

My question to Ross was whether he knew 100 percent he was definitely going to retain or fire anyone -- including general manager Jeff Ireland and coach Joe Philbin.

"I'm disappointed," he said before that. "What else can I tell you? For everybody, you know? I have a lot to think about.

"I'm going to look at everything. When you're disappointed you don't make decisions based on the fly. You have to give it a lot of thought and go look at everything."

Ross: Were going to look at everything

Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:42 pm

My Bad. But if he is going to look at everything & does nothing , while he does not have to call a formal press conference , it would be nice to at least hear some kind of statement as to why no changes will be made.
At least then we can once again start getting excited about the upcoming season.
Draft .... upside & potential.

Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:19 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

My Bad

You were wrong Mitch, you were wrong! Nanny nanny boo boo, you were worng. You are such a loser and you are now in the same boat as Scot, a loser. hahaha.

Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:05 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Makchell wrote:
My Bad

You were wrong Mitch, you were wrong! Nanny nanny boo boo, you were worng. You are such a loser and you are now in the same boat as Scot, a loser. hahaha.

Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:28 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

At least you admit it Scot, so you are not wrong.

Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]