View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 2013 was the year for Miami to strike 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post 2013 was the year for Miami to strike
And we all know what happened at the end. I look at the Chargers @ Cinci match up, and envision Miami's logo instead of SD's and wonder...how the hell this team let it all slip through. After literally beating the majority of the good teams (4-1 against playoff teams) and falling face first against the mediocre squads, the Fins choked away their playoff hopes after having the best grasp on the 6th seed of any other team going into the regular season finale.

We all knew the Jets and Bills were going to be mediocre going into the season, and the Pats near crippled after a historically terrible off season. This was Miami's year to strike, they were the only team in the division that legitimately looked like they were going forward, with the other 3 teams taking a step back. 2014 is a whole different story now. We all know the Pats with a healthy squad will be back in division title form, and the Jets and Bills are giving me no indications that they will not improve.

The tables have turned, and now Miami is possibly the only team who may not improve in the division this time around. 2013 was the year, and they completely blew it with a firm grasp on the 6th seed. All we received as fans was heart break and a false sense of hope. I realize that we will be healthier with Gibson back, and possibly a healthy Dmitri Patterson back. Our linebacking core held this defense back HUGE this season. 2014 is looking scarier by the second as a Dolphin fan with every team in the division likely to progress, while facing the AFC West at the same time in which had 3 playoff teams show up for the AFC this season.

It's unfortunate to look at the draft in a negative light with a GM like Ireland. You can't look past the lack of reps and production his draft classes have contributed to his teams. There is no CEO in America that would keep his job if he engineered a negative profit FIVE years in a row. This is what Ireland has done in the football side of the business world, and has ran the team into the franchise's worst five year stretch in history. How people as fans can look past this is beyond me, there is a reason he is a laughing stock around the league. The outlook is not looking good for Miami in my opinion. However, I will still be watching every game in hopes that I am dead wrong.

Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:05 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: 2013 was the year for Miami to strike
Im with you AFCME , the division was ours to lose , then the playoffs were ours not to make.
Well we did accomplish those 2 things.

Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:31 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

FINesse wrote:
Im with you AFCME , the division was ours to lose , then the playoffs were ours not to make.
Well we did accomplish those 2 things.

I didn't expect us to win the division, but I held out hope throughout the season acknowledging that it was the best chance to take it in years. I did fully expect us to come away with the 6th seed though. The way everyone talked about how Tannehill was balling out in December, the team was winning games late and making a push, only to fall to the darn Bills and Jests has me sick.

Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:59 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
I look at the Chargers @ Cinci match up, and envision Miami's logo instead of SD's and wonder...

I wonder where Miami would suddenly find the running game needed to win?

Chargers 40 carries for 196 yds > Bengals 25 carries for 113 yds

Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:39 pm

bobby0112 wrote:
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
I look at the Chargers @ Cinci match up, and envision Miami's logo instead of SD's and wonder...

No confidence in the Miller , Thomas express?

Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:51 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

FINesse wrote:
bobby0112 wrote:
AFCMiamiEast wrote:

No confidence in the Miller , Thomas express?

Adrian Peterson couldn't run behind Miami's offensive line. Miller still may become a complement to a power back. Thomas not so much.

Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:55 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
After literally beating the majority of the good teams (4-1 against playoff teams) and falling face first against the mediocre squads, the Fins choked away their playoff hopes after having the best grasp on the 6th seed of any other team going into the regular season finale.

So we had a good enough roster to beat 4 playoff teams but we didn't for the mediocre squads? Yet, somehow that is the general manager's fault?

I truly don't care if Jeff Ireland were to get fired because there is always room for improvement and his status among the fan base is not positive, but the coaching this year and the past 4 years has been awful. How can anyone truly know how good the Dolphins players can be if they have unproven rookie head coaches leading them? Where is Tony Sparano now? He didn't prove anything in New York as an offensive coordinator either (ranked 30th in offense that year). This year he was an offensive line coach for the Oakland Raiders whose o-line ranked 28th in the league by profootballfocus.

Our biggest name free agent or trade acquisitions the last 5 years have been Brandon Marshall, Karlos Dansby, Mike Wallace, Phillip Wheeler, Dannell Ellerbe, and Reggie Bush. All of them have been utilized better and have had better seasons else where. What does that say about the coaching staff? I rest my case...

:headscratch

Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:05 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

TheCarver13 wrote:
So we had a good enough roster to beat 4 playoff teams but we didn't for the mediocre squads? Yet, somehow that is the general manager's fault?

I truly don't care if Jeff Ireland were to get fired because there is always room for improvement and his status among the fan base is not positive, but the coaching this year and the past 4 years has been awful. How can anyone truly know how good the Dolphins players can be if they have unproven rookie head coaches leading them? Where is Tony Sparano now? He didn't prove anything in New York as an offensive coordinator either (ranked 30th in offense that year). This year he was an offensive line coach for the Oakland Raiders whose o-line ranked 28th in the league by profootballfocus.

Our biggest name free agent or trade acquisitions the last 5 years have been Brandon Marshall, Karlos Dansby, Mike Wallace, Phillip Wheeler, Dannell Ellerbe, and Reggie Bush. All of them have been utilized better and have had better seasons else where. What does that say about the coaching staff? I rest my case...

:headscratch

5 straight losing seasons, worst stretch by far in the franchise's 50 year history. All with Ireland. I rest my case.

Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]