View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 
 OT: Boat rental/captain? 
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

Post OT: Boat rental/captain?
I'm coming down to S Florida next month. Since I have a new 12 year old diver, I'm blown away by the expense of a two tank dive for the 3 of us. 1 2-tank trip is $225 with just tanks and weights for the 3 of us. We were looking at diving at the shallow reefs in the marine park. I was wondering if someone who owned a boat wanted to make a little cash for Feb 15-17, morning dives so about 8:30 to 2pm each day. I'll rent tanks and weights and meet you at the Pennekamp State Park if you're interested. Just PM me.
Thanks,

Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:47 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: OT: Boat rental/captain?
Mackell maybe able to help you out Junkie...........in the past he's posted about his fishing trips and lobster dives.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:04 pm
Phinfever Radio Host/Blog Writer

My boat is a 17 foot flats boat. Not sure it would be good enough for what you need.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:39 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

I live in Bradenton which is on the west central coast. Welcome to south florida, expensive. There are cheaper alternatives further north like in Palm Beach. Narcosis is who I use on the east coast. Sorry I can't help Junkie.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:40 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

goto www.bigpinekey.com ..it is the Coconut Telegraph that everyone reads and comments on. You will get what you want there, just ask.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:33 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Rich wrote:
My boat is a 17 foot flats boat. Not sure it would be good enough for what you need.

Hey you ever fished out at Flamingo , Everglades ? Never seen so many mosquito's.

You can rent boats in the Keys for the day, and stay at same hotel, with a boat on the dock.

Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:02 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Hey Junkie.........I may be in Islamorado the first week of February. I love fishing and though it's been a few years, I am PADA certified. Keep me posted on what you find out. Thanks.

Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:38 pm

Hey you ever fished out at Flamingo , Everglades ? Never seen so many mosquito's.

You can rent boats in the Keys for the day, and stay at same hotel, with a boat on the dock.

Rich lives in MIA, not the west coast.

I am PADA certified.

Careful Junkie, this guy is "certified" by a fake agency...lol. Put Another Dollar In...PADI.

Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:23 pm
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

Makchell wrote:

I am PADA certified.

Careful Junkie, this guy is "certified" by a fake agency...lol. Put Another Dollar In...PADI.

well after briefly considering the trip, my wife decided for another $700 or so we can all do Mexico in the summer...and she is right. So thanks for the generous offers and tips. I'lll keep them all in mind. I'll still be in Borlando for a week due to work and will probably do a manatee snorkel trip before I leave.
Mak - I should buy you that "beer" I owe you.

Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:52 pm

My beer taste has changed since that bet Junkie...lol. More expensive taste. Are you going to be in the Tampa area?

Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:02 pm
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

Makchell wrote:

My beer taste has changed since that bet Junkie...lol. More expensive taste. Are you going to be in the Tampa area?

Orlando. Have a meeting the 10th through the 14th. Fly in that Sunday mid-afternoon. We'll either be at the World Center or Dolphin Resort at disney. I won't have a rental car but if you're up for it, I'll definitely good for dinner and a beer imported from Colorado...haha.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:00 am

It sounds great Gary, but Orlando is about a 2hr drive. Not saying your not worth it buddy, but it's a hike with traffic.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:46 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I have a 16' kayak.....

Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:21 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

It sounds great Gary, but Orlando is about a 2hr drive. Not saying your not worth it buddy, but it's a hike with traffic.

Gary, not worth the two hour drive?? Come on Mak, after all these years of watching his comments in Phinfever you won't make a 4 hour round trip drive to see the famous JUNKIE???

:haha

JK...Gary and I have been friends for 23 years now. Outside of his past Whine & Cheese awards, he is a great guy! Since I am jumping into this conversation, we HAVE to plan a game where Gary and I and anyone else that wants to meet up for a home game next season.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:35 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Makchell wrote:

I am PADA certified.

If I recall it was like a 2hr or less drive from Fort Lauderdale, I mentioned it, because he owns a "flats" boat, and I assumed he liked fishing for Tarpon.

I feel if you live in South Florida, your reasonably close to the east and west cost.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:39 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

NFLJunkie wrote:
Makchell wrote:

I am PADA certified.

well after briefly considering the trip, my wife decided for another $700 or so we can all do Mexico in the summer...and she is right. So thanks for the generous offers and tips. I'lll keep them all in mind. I'll still be in Borlando for a week due to work and will probably do a manatee snorkel trip before I leave.

Sounds like you got vetoed, been there too, if its not too late, I really suggest the Florida Keys and spend your money here.

Personally, I do not like Mexico anymore. It's not a safe place to go like it was years ago, you have to worry about what you eat and drink, and its not cheap place to go like it was in the older days.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:44 pm

If I recall it was like a 2hr or less drive from Fort Lauderdale, I mentioned it, because he owns a "flats" boat, and I assumed he liked fishing for Tarpon.

I feel if you live in South Florida, your reasonably close to the east and west cost.

2hrs doesn't seem long until you trailer a boat. Plus there are bigger tarpon in the passes that Rich lives by so he doesn't have to travel that far.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:24 pm

My boat was designed to fish Flamingo actually. But I haven't gone out there. I heard you need someone who knows Flamingo to go to Flamingo because the tidal areas are so crazy.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:51 pm
2012 NFL Pick 'Em Champ
2012 NFL Pick 'Em Champ

I hear Philbin has a boat if you want to go down with that ship.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:10 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

FINesse wrote:

Ross picked it out for him.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:20 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

rodneyfaile wrote:
FINesse wrote:

Ross picked it out for him.

I have to hand it to you guys...you took a completely off topic subject and tied it back to Philbin and Ross :haha

Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:29 am

NFLJunkie wrote:

Sorry it didn't work out.

I would have made myself available. My boat can handle 4 people, just not sure it could handle 6 tanks as well as other equipment.

Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:21 am
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

Thanks Rich. We were trying to pull off one of thoese last minute vacations. I have a meeting so it kind of made sense..until we started adding everything up. We were looking at about $2K for 4 days after hotel, food, rental car, diving and ariline tix. Anyway, I agree with Finhead34, We are all going to have to get together for a game one day soon.

Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:33 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

You could have asked Bryant McKinnie. I hear he knows all about boats and captains. :haha

Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]