Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:54 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Quote:
A source informed the Miami Herald that Dolphins players don't have "great respect for the coaching staff there."

"Criticism of the coaches is consistent with everyone I talk to on the team," said the source. "You have some assistants who weren’t experienced or comfortable in their jobs. Some players said they didn’t learn much. It’s pretty disconcerting. There’s not a lot of great teaching there." This mostly has to do with position coaches and coordinators, but even head coach Joe Philbin is taking some heat from inside the locker room. He's been described as "flat" and "unemotional," while another said Philbin's just a guy who's "on top of scheduling and planning." Philbin's seat will be one of the hotter ones in 2014, especially with a new GM coming to town. The only reason he survived this offseason is because owner Stephen Ross thinks so highly of him.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8351/joe-philbin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:03 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

So at least we've got that going for us

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:20 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Can we reserve a few days after today in the next 2 weeks when there are no games for just positive posts about this team.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:42 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Here is a more in depth version of the story from Barry Jackson.

Get ready to puke.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-b ... oblem.html

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:51 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

I have to find it funny that this is just now coming out. The newspaper business must be really slow right now. This is stuff we should have been hearing weeks ago.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:04 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

We can only hope Lazor breathes some life into this team. Maybe if he has some success, he can convince Ross that some of those position coaches need to be changed too, or could lead to Lazor eventually becoming the head coach. Of course this is all dependent upon Lazor being the real deal. I hope he is.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:07 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I think most of us still see three coaches that are in over their heads: LB Coach George Edwards, OL Caoch Jim Turner, and HC Joe Philben. DC Kevin Coyle's 4-3 scheme and his inability to use Dion Jordan is frustrating , but I do like his aggressive playcalling. Sherman, well, he was problem #1, and he had to go. His stubbornness bordered on arrogance.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:43 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Rock Sexton wrote:
Quote:
A source informed the Miami Herald that Dolphins players don't have "great respect for the coaching staff there."

"Criticism of the coaches is consistent with everyone I talk to on the team," said the source. "You have some assistants who weren’t experienced or comfortable in their jobs. Some players said they didn’t learn much. It’s pretty disconcerting. There’s not a lot of great teaching there." This mostly has to do with position coaches and coordinators, but even head coach Joe Philbin is taking some heat from inside the locker room. He's been described as "flat" and "unemotional," while another said Philbin's just a guy who's "on top of scheduling and planning." Philbin's seat will be one of the hotter ones in 2014, especially with a new GM coming to town. The only reason he survived this offseason is because owner Stephen Ross thinks so highly of him.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8351/joe-philbin

pretty much how I pictured it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:34 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

[quote="jammer"]Here is a more in depth version of the story from Barry Jackson.

Get ready to puke.

Aside from coordinators, nine of the 12 coaches that Philbin has hired had never worked in the NFL.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-b ... rylink=cpy

9 out of 12 coaches had never worked in the NFL. Ouch.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:55 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

"O’Keefe, like several of Philbin’s hires, had a personal connection to Philbin, which made him appealing despite not having any NFL experience."

Philbin's more interested in taking care of his buddies than he is in producing a winning football team. Ross is too arrogant to admit he was wrong and others were right. It's typical to give a new HC at least 3 years to implement his system............but I believe that should be reserved for coaches that come in with a history of success.......i.e. Jimmy Johnson, Nick Saban, etc. The article brings up a good point........what exactly has Philbin done to demonstrate he will succeed?

Man this whole thing's got me pissed. We have a young talented team you would expect to be on the rise, but we'll remain poor to mediocre for the foreseeable future. Wake can look forward to joining Thomas and Taylor as wasted talent on the Phins' Ring of Honor.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:06 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
I think most of us still see three coaches that are in over their heads: LB Coach George Edwards, OL Caoch Jim Turner, and HC Joe Philben. DC Kevin Coyle's 4-3 scheme and his inability to use Dion Jordan is frustrating , but I do like his aggressive playcalling. Sherman, well, he was problem #1, and he had to go. His stubbornness bordered on arrogance.

Well, at least Edwards is now gone as he got hired as a DC with the Vikings I believe. That said, reading these type of stories are very troubling to say the least.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:15 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

phinsfansc wrote:
Well, at least Edwards is now gone as he got hired as a DC with the Vikings I believe. That said, reading these type of stories are very troubling to say the least.

I'd like to know who these unnamed sources are . Still, where there is smoke there is fire. We fans do not want a lame duck year.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:50 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Quote:
Dolphins players generally like defensive coordinator Kevin Coyle, but some believe Rodgers should be the coordinator, and the front office was unhappy Coyle didn’t find more ways to use Dion Jordan.

Promote Rodgers!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:29 pm 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

swerve13 wrote:
Quote:
Dolphins players generally like defensive coordinator Kevin Coyle, but some believe Rodgers should be the coordinator, and the front office was unhappy Coyle didn’t find more ways to use Dion Jordan.

Promote Rodgers!

Ummmm....he's the Vikings DC now!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:54 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

MdDolfan wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
Quote:

Promote Rodgers!

Ummmm....he's the Vikings DC now!

Edwards is now Vikings DC. Funny enough, he was the LB coach.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:41 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Thoughts about this?

Mike Florio wrote:
The (trust) concerns date to the aftermath of the 2012 season. After Philbin abruptly released receiver Chad Ochicinco during the Hard Knocks days following an arrest for domestic violence, the Dolphins created a leadership council. The team ultimately appointed tackle Jake Long, running back Reggie Bush, linebacker Karlos Dansby, and receiver Davone Bess.

Then, after the 2012 season, each of the four players ended up with other teams.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:12 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Big Dave wrote:
Thoughts about this?

Mike Florio wrote:
The (trust) concerns date to the aftermath of the 2012 season. After Philbin abruptly released receiver Chad Ochicinco during the Hard Knocks days following an arrest for domestic violence, the Dolphins created a leadership council. The team ultimately appointed tackle Jake Long, running back Reggie Bush, linebacker Karlos Dansby, and receiver Davone Bess.

Then, after the 2012 season, each of the four players ended up with other teams.

Note to players..........don't join the leadership council.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:14 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

The only player I know that was on the next leadership group was Incognito.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:20 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

They wont go to battle for Philbin, doesnt matter who the GM, OC, DC etc is..

Gona be a tough 12 months, better strap in..

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:40 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

for as boorish as he was as a head coach I think we should give Schwartz a shot at DC his Titan defenses were pretty solid with the exception of 04-06. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/c ... chwJi0.htm May the Schwartz be with us.

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]