Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:12 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Quote:
Posted by Josh Alper on February 4, 2014, 2:54 PM EST
2ce515b197e662fad3740ece29f6198e Getty Images

Tackle Bryant McKinnie’s 2013 season was something of a whirlwind.

He was traded by the Ravens to the Dolphins, but not before his birthday party played host to an incident involving a stripper named Sweet Pea and a champagne bottle to the side of wide receiver Jacoby Jones‘ head. ...

McKinnie said he felt more comfortable playing alongside Incognito on the left side of the line ...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -in-miami/

I think bringing back McKinnie and Incognito is a good idea but only if they promise to be best texting buddies.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:15 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I would choose one more year of a minor contract with McKinnie than paying Fat Albert $10m per 8 days of the week.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:26 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

No thanks. He didn't play well at all at LT in my opinion. In fact, the LT position is the one that needs a major upgrade. Can he play G?

You're going to slap me over this, but Tyso Clabo played pretty much better in the 2nd half of the season. I may be interested in bringing him back for another season .... at a good price.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:03 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I was really impressed with him. Thought he played his butt off.

I don't trust him though. Wouldn't count on him as a starter. I think you move on.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:27 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

AQNOR wrote:
Quote:
Posted by Josh Alper on February 4, 2014, 2:54 PM EST
2ce515b197e662fad3740ece29f6198e Getty Images

Tackle Bryant McKinnie’s 2013 season was something of a whirlwind.

He was traded by the Ravens to the Dolphins, but not before his birthday party played host to an incident involving a stripper named Sweet Pea and a champagne bottle to the side of wide receiver Jacoby Jones‘ head. ...

McKinnie said he felt more comfortable playing alongside Incognito on the left side of the line ...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -in-miami/

I think bringing back McKinnie and Incognito is a good idea but only if they promise to be best texting buddies.

Nice, that's funny. It would have to be a helluva discount as Mclinnie isn't exactly a spring chicken. We still need to draft OL in the 1st round, and sign another OL. Not sure Incognito will have a chance to return. Never know though other teams might think he has the plague and we pick him up on the cheap as well.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:54 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Heard him on a talk show a few weeks ago, really sounded like an intelligent guy. Talked about being a vet leader and helping the younger players with things he has learned along the way. Talked about being on a championship team and understanding what it takes to be one, said he was really just starting to feel comfortable in the system here etc.. Also said he has had issues with weight in the off season before and was focusing on being in shape for camp.

I say if he shows up in shape ready to go, give him a shot. Not like we are deep at T anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:59 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Depth at a deep deep discount.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:39 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

as a backup and for veteran leadership, I'd say sure. As long as it doesn't break the bank (2 mil?)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:46 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Adios. He's over the hill. Same goes for Clabo.

I'd much rather see us pursue a left tackle in free agency or the draft with our 1st round pick. To tell you the truth I really want to see us land someone like Albert in free agency to play LT, then draft someone like Lewan (Michigan OT) in the 1st round to play RT.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:24 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

wkloiber13 wrote:
Adios. He's over the hill. Same goes for Clabo.

Really, veterans past their prime didn't do much for us, did they?

RotoWorld wrote:
Free agent Bryant McKinnie insists he's "getting (his) weight down." The fact that this is still an issue for McKinnie should tell you all you need to know about his "market." McKinnie has never been serious about staying in shape, and now going on 35, he's going to receive zero benefit of the doubt in free agency. McKinnie was highly ineffective for both the Dolphins and Ravens last season. It's possible he's reached the end.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/121 ... t-mckinnie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:44 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Makchell wrote:
Depth at a deep deep discount.

:yay:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:04 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

I'm not sure the free agent options are going to blow you away outside of the 3-4 big names.

Albert and Collins will be very expensive. I don't think Monroe or Veldheer hit free agency. After that you're overpaying for older guys or guys like Oher.

McKinnie might be the most realistic option when all is said and done. Sign McKinnie and an OG, draft multiple OTs and an OG. Let Dallas Thomas, Will Yeatman and Sam Brenner show whether or not they are ready to step up.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:34 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Either way, I vote for as many offensive line UPGRADES as possible. This was a glaring weakness and I do NOT want to see ground hogs day with the same core group back.

Let's hope there are some serious changes here.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:26 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

No to him and incognito. Philben wants a team of character guys and these two are not it because mckinnie is lazy and incognito is what we all know.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:32 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Manhattan wrote:
No to him and incognito. Philben wants a team of character guys and these two are not it because mckinnie is lazy and incognito is what we all know.

Pretty sure McKinnie made a very good impression on the coaches and the team. He's not the long term answer but he may end up being the best option for 2014 unless Miami decides they are buying the left tackle of the next 5 years.

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]