All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:42 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

All I can say about this is that Martin had better stay in counseling throughout 2014 if this were true, because the fans will not embrace him just because the coach and owner tells us to. The best way to win the fans is to get out there and ball on the field, and to mend fences.

Ian Rapoport wrote:
Jonathan Martin could play for Miami Dolphins in 2014

Could Jonathan Martin actually play for the Miami Dolphins in 2014? It's possible, according to NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport.

The embattled offensive tackle wants to play in 2014, and it's not outside the realm of possibility he continues his career in South Beach, Rapoport reported Wednesday on NFL Network's "NFL Total Access," per several sources close to Martin.

Since the flames of controversy ignited following Martin's departure from the team in October, it had seemed to be a long shot that he would ever play another down for the 'Fins. However, the atmosphere has changed in Miami. Former general manager Jeff Ireland is out, it's doubtful Richie Incognito will return, and the locker-room culture likely will be transformed in the wake of bullying accusations. In fact, Martin's people have been in contact with the Dolphins on some level over the past couple of weeks, per Rapoport.

Martin surely would have to mend fences with teammates, but the Dolphins spent a second-round draft pick on the athletic tackle in 2012 and he would be an asset to the offensive line.

Ted Wells' report following a lengthy investigation on the Incognito-Martin saga will be released by the end of the week, Rapoport and NFL Media columnist Michael Silver reported. After the findings are revealed, Martin's NFL future should become more clear.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... ns-in-2014

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:07 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

:)

Lol. Yeah...OK.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:09 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

If the truth is what I think (Martin is a weak minded, excuse making fraud) and they allow him back on the team to appear sympathetic then I might have to boycott the Fins this year.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:32 am 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

THis has always bothered me. I dont care what the outcome is, I would not just release him. To me, that is what he wants or wante dthe whole time. To me, I would say, you want to play football, you report here for camp. If you dont report, you get fined just like everybody else. No team will give us a draft pick for him, they will just wait it out.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:48 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

The ironic thing about this whole situation is that Martin sucks as a player.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:13 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Makchell wrote:

After watching him for 2 years he turned out to be nothing more than a backup player at best. By all accounts it sounds as if he was disappointed in his own play as well. I wish I was a bench warmer in the NFL and got a $2.52 million signing bonus and made $1 million a year. You wouldn't see me being bothered by a "bully" or under-performing.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:23 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Makchell wrote:

I think he's a serviceable right tackle if he worked at it and stopped feeling bad for himself. Kind of like a John Jerry. You're always looking for an upgrade but can live with having him be the weak link on a good line.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:33 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

jammer wrote:
I think he's a serviceable right tackle if he worked at it and stopped feeling bad for himself. Kind of like a John Jerry. You're always looking for an upgrade but can live with having him be the weak link on a good line.

He actually did improve in 2013 over his play in 2012. I think he hated playing on the right side. He decided to leave the team after he switched over to RT for 1 game as it was perhaps his worst game of the season. He should have expected Belichick to exploit his weaknesses.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:47 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Wow...our perception of good players and bad players have really gone down hill with the team........ :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:46 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I would be stunned if either Martin or Incognito are back in Miami. PERIOD.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:48 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
If the truth is what I think (Martin is a weak minded, excuse making fraud) and they allow him back on the team to appear sympathetic then I might have to boycott the Fins this year.

Ya, they're on thin on ice with me personally. If that happened I probably wouldn't watch either.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:31 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Ian Rapoport wrote:
[size=150][color=#00BFFF]
the Dolphins spent a second-round draft pick on the athletic tackle in 2012 and he would be an asset to the offensive line.

I remember us drafting a fat, weak tackle whose stock was falling and seemed like a good bargain pick at the spot. But not an "athletic" player in the least.

Who is Rappaport referring to?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:59 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

So an insider reports that Phins May still like Martin . Possibly trying to boost or garner some trade value or talk.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:47 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I'll believe it when I see it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:00 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Quote:
Dolphins commence process of creating trade value for Jonathan Martin

... But now that the Dolphins approach the point at which they’ll have to decide whether to release or trade Martin, they’re possibly doing the only thing that can help generate trade value: They’re privately suggesting that Martin could return. ...

any team interested in Martin can reject a trade demand from the Dolphins by pointing out that there’s no way they’re going to bring him back. ...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... an-martin/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:53 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

AQNOR wrote:
So an insider reports that Phins May still like Martin . Possibly trying to boost or garner some trade value or talk.

If there is a team dumb enough to fall for it then I feel really bad for that fan base because their GM is obviously in over his head.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:45 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Great story Rappaport.........Do these guys write for Jerry Springer?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:53 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Kev1321 wrote:

LOL. The Miami Dolphins are sports version of daytime internet (soap) drama. All we need to do now is have Martin come out of the closet.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:33 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Makchell wrote:

the mean side of me says...
bring him back put him on the practice team and cut him on the last day of cuts... just because you can...

The Phins fan in me says - OH Hell no.. not sure how much more of this roller coaster ride I can take...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:34 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Big Dave wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:

LOL. The Miami Dolphins are sports version of daytime internet (soap) drama. All we need to do now is have Martin come out of the closet.

ok that made me spit my coffee out... sad but true.. thank God for an extra keyboard....

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:50 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

To be a real soap opera this would all turn out to be about inter office romances.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:50 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I cannot wait until we can put this all in the rear view mirror. This team has been nothing but bad press for how many years now? I cannot wait until the day that this program turns around and becomes relevant again and I just hope this happens in my life time.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:50 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I am not sure he will play for another NFL team. Can you imagine the kind of things opposing DLs will say to him on the field? Imagine if he plays against the Dolphins!

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]