All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:27 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Jason LaCanfora is reporting that Kim Jong Goodell will dock the Fins a draft pick for this scandal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:42 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Of course he is. Throw in some money too. The guy only made $44 Million Dollars in 2012.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:10 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Quote:
I anticipate there being fines, and perhaps a loss of a draft pick, coming for the Dolphins organization on the whole. Head coach Joe Philbin comes off as asleep at the wheel at best, though I don't anticipate him getting the kind of discipline I could see coming for Turner.

We already knew Martin was going to have a difficult time finding his way back to the NFL, and Incognito could well end up looking at a hefty suspension himself rather than be testing the free agent waters next month. I wonder if the Dolphins pump the brakes on contract-extension talks with center Mike Pouncey given the findings in this report (with three years in the league he was in line for a big-time raise given his superior play on the field).

Owner Stephen Ross has been less than proactive throughout the process, and was ever-willing to defer to the league office once the crap really started hitting the fan on this thing, so I'm not sure how much he races to get out in front of anything by starting to suspend or fire people on his own. Ross did make it clear to all employees how seriously he was taking this investigation and how honest and forthcoming he expected them all to be in their participation with Wells.

None of this bodes well for Turner.

Source:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24443442/dolphins-line-coach-jim-turner-could-face-stern-punishment

I seriously doubt the Dolphins organization will be fined despite LaCanfora's report here. The Dolphins owner and coaching staff (the only exception being Jim Turner) has been very upfront and has worked with the league through the whole process. In fact, Ted Wells report actually goes out of its way to absolve the organization and Philbin, and to actually speak about their help in the investigation.

This was an incident that occured within the offiensive line unit, and the offensive line unit only. There were three players and one assistant coach (Turner) involved in the "bullying". These are the people I expect to be suspended and/or fined. As Incognito was already suspended, I doubt he'll get suspended further. Rather, I think that the league will probably fine him. The max fine in the NFL is $250,000, so I expect his fine to wind up somewhere around that mark considering his leadership role in this whole thing. Pouncey and Jerry will be looking at some form of punishment, likely in the form of being suspended a couple of games, a stiff fine, or possibly both. I expect Goodell to do his usual overreaction and come down hard on both players. They'll likely appeal, and the suspension will wind up being reduced to a more sensible amount. With regards to Jim Turner. I've said all along that the team needed to fire him. I fully expect that to happen. As far as league discipline, I think it is likely that Turner is facing at a bare minimum a one year suspension because he attempted to hide the scandal and lied to investigators.

I don't see us losing any draft picks because of this. Especially considering the length Ross is going to create a code of conduct for all sports.
Quote:
"We seek to create a curriculum which emphasizes accountability and which educates athletes on a standard code of conduct, appropriate use of language, and the elimination of disrespectful and unacceptable behavior in sports, including discrimination or harassment because of race, gender or sexual orientation. We are also exploring possible legislation and a conduct pledge that would be instituted in all organized sports throughout the country to elevate the core value of respect.

“I have made it clear to everyone within our organization that this situation must never happen again. We are committed to address this issue forcefully and to take a leadership role in establishing a standard that will be a benchmark in all of sports."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:18 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Quote:
As far as league discipline, I think it is likely that Turner is facing at a bare minimum a one year suspension because he attempted to hide the scandal and lied to investigators.

Seems to me with the hiring of the former Texans O line coach and this comment alone is a telling sign that Turner is a goner.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:32 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

He said "perhaps a loss of a draft pick"

JLC is also the only one that thinks so.

And given that he's wrong about the Dolphins a disturbing amount, I'm not putting any stock into it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:43 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

How Ross has not cleaned house with all this is amazing & shows just have incompetent he actually is at running a NFL team.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:40 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
He said "perhaps a loss of a draft pick"

JLC is also the only one that thinks so.

And given that he's wrong about the Dolphins a disturbing amount, I'm not putting any stock into it.

La Canfora picked the Fins to go 0-16 in 2013. He didn't pick Miami once. Not a single game. He is a #@&% tool, him and his hilarious lazy eye.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:48 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
How Ross has not cleaned house with all this is amazing & shows just have incompetent he actually is at running a NFL team.

Tru Dat. He is hopelessly clueless.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:40 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

I don't get the loyalty to Philbin at all. The guy is a complete failure as a leader.

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ]