Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:32 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Quote:
by Hal Habib

This wouldn’t have happened in the Jason Taylor era.
Despite a reluctance to call out current Dolphins players, Taylor made it clear Wednesday morning that the current mess the organization finds itself in would not have been allowed to escalate in past Dolphins eras. ...

Taylor also offered one bit of advice to the Dolphins on how to move past the Richie Incognito-Jonathan Martin problems: bring Dan Marino back into the fold.
“It should have never gotten that far,” Taylor said of harassment detailed in the Ted Wells report released last week. “If it was becoming too abrasive or becoming an issue for somebody, you’ve got to speak up and respect one another.”

The way to accomplish that, Taylor said, isn’t complicated.
“There’s boundaries to everything in life,” Taylor said. “While the boundaries are a little wider in the locker room and everything’s looser, it’s simple, decent respect for one another and having a line you don’t cross. ...”

Make no mistake,” Taylor added. “The head coach knows everything going on in that building. There’s enough people and enough ears and people that will kind of set the pulse of the team, and the coach finds out about a lot of things. You should have that with your players. ...

- See more at: http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedaily ... Gg2nn.dpuf

Yep that is the question where is that line, and is it possible that with a younger generation it has changed. If Martin would not have had a break down was that line ok for that locker room or was the line crossed such that eventually something else would have come up.

Last edited by AQNOR on Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:35 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Here's the funny thing about JT's comments: according to Garner, this crap did happen under his watch.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:07 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

DevilInPgh wrote:
Here's the funny thing about JT's comments: according to Garner, this crap did happen under his watch.

Jason Taylor didn't sit in offensive line meetings.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:42 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Quote:
Make no mistake,” Taylor added. “The head coach knows everything going on in that building. There’s enough people and enough ears and people that will kind of set the pulse of the team, and the coach finds out about a lot of things. You should have that with your players. ...

and there it is.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:56 pm 

swerve13 wrote:
Quote:

and there it is.

I don't get your stance on this...

On the one hand, you want Philbin fired for Bullygate... on the other, you don't see what the big deal is about Bullygate.

If it is not a big deal, why do you want Philbin fired for it?

If you want Philbin fired for it, how is Jonathan Martin making a big deal about nothing?

:hypnotize:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:03 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Martin made a much bigger deal out of the immature locker room we had and went too far dragging our dirty laundry out in public to make us look bad. Philbin is the incompetant idiot who couldnt get his locker room under control. I just don't see Philbin as head coach (commander) material. The ship is out of control.

So to sum up my point of view for you, I do not think that Martin or Philbin are NFL material. Both are in over their heads.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:08 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

There are so many reasons that I think Philbin should have been let go. Bottom line is his unwillingness to listen resulting in his lack of clues.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:35 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Rich wrote:
DevilInPgh wrote:

Rich just looking for your opinion, do you think that Hal Habib was incorrect to write in his report "This wouldn’t have happened in the Jason Taylor era".

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:43 pm 

swerve13 wrote:
Martin made a much bigger deal out of the immature locker room we had and went too far dragging our dirty laundry out in public to make us look bad.

I do not believe this was Martin's intent. I believe he didn't know how to handle the situation given:

1. his privileged upbringing
2. his Ivy League education, third generation
3. his problems with depression or whatever he had been going through, he himself admitted he felt like a whimp

I believe Martin didn't know how to handle the lockeroom and the situation and others hijacked the situation to protect his signing bonus (i.e. his agent).

Most of us would have handled this situation differently, but we didn't come from the same environment as Martin. It's easy to opine on what he did, but we were not in his shoes and have no idea how he felt.

Quote:
Philbin is the incompetant idiot who couldnt get his locker room under control. I just don't see Philbin as head coach (commander) material. The ship is out of control.

I agree, but for other reasons.

Quote:
So to sum up my point of view for you, I do not think that Martin or Philbin are NFL material. Both are in over their heads.

Martin was clearly not ready for the NFL lockeroom, as I mentioned before, given his upbringing and schooling.

But Martin wasn't the only "victim" here. When I read what happened to the Japanese assistant trainer, it is clear to me that this really was as big a deal as it has been made out to be.

People are focusing on Martin, but this goes beyond Martin.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:44 pm 

AQNOR wrote:
Rich wrote:
DevilInPgh wrote:

Rich just looking for your opinion, do you think that Hal Habib was incorrect to write in his report "This wouldn’t have happened in the Jason Taylor era".

I think if Jason Taylor were aware it was happening, he would have addressed it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:40 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Quote:
N.F.L. Looks Into Possible Harassment by Jets

The N.F.L. is investigating the Jets’ behavior with a woman who was working as a reporter at Jets practice on Saturday. The reporter, Inés Sainz of TV Azteca, a Mexican television network, was reportedly harassed by players and coaches during practice and in the locker room.

The Association for Women in Sports Media asked the N.F.L. to examine the matter, and the league spokesman Greg Aiello said, “The Jets and our office began looking into it as soon as we learned of it.”

Jets public relations employees were present Saturday but did not take immediate action.

The New York Post reported that during drills, Dennis Thurman, the team’s defensive backs coach, purposely overthrew passes that landed near Sainz on the sideline. The Post also reported that linebacker Jason Taylor volunteered to join the defensive backs. Players also reportedly made sexually suggestive comments in the locker room after practice. ...

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/13/sport ... .html?_r=0

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:35 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Jettison the veteran leadership because they tell you like it is and suddenly the lockeroom falls apart. Hmmmm ya think Philbin might have brought this on himself?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:29 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

AQNOR wrote:
Quote:
N.F.L. Looks Into Possible Harassment by Jets

The N.F.L. is investigating the Jets’ behavior with a woman who was working as a reporter at Jets practice on Saturday. The reporter, Inés Sainz of TV Azteca, a Mexican television network, was reportedly harassed by players and coaches during practice and in the locker room.

The Association for Women in Sports Media asked the N.F.L. to examine the matter, and the league spokesman Greg Aiello said, “The Jets and our office began looking into it as soon as we learned of it.”

Jets public relations employees were present Saturday but did not take immediate action.

The New York Post reported that during drills, Dennis Thurman, the team’s defensive backs coach, purposely overthrew passes that landed near Sainz on the sideline. The Post also reported that linebacker Jason Taylor volunteered to join the defensive backs. Players also reportedly made sexually suggestive comments in the locker room after practice. ...

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/13/sport ... .html?_r=0

Harassment? Really? I see this as a bunch of men trying to get the attention of a beautiful female. :hithead:

Quote:
Ines Sainz, Spanish beauty queen and Mexican reporter, in the painted on attire she wore around the Jets–about a hundred horny animals.
What did she expect? And who could blame them? Nobody laid a hand on her. It’s jocularity, and she was obviously flattered, and dressed as such for a reason. But she is super hot.

https://crackbillionair.wordpress.com/c ... on-taylor/

Quote:
This Daily News article will fill you in on the basics. There is one passage that needs further clarification. Everything really revolves around the secondary. Namely, the most recent addition to the New York Jets defensive backfield. Back to the article.

Jason Taylor reportedly volunteered for the passing drill in hopes of getting near Sainz. Defensive backs coach Dennis Thurman fueled the antics, tossing pigskins in Sainz’s direction.

If there’s truly a story here (and there is not), this is it. Dumb antics from a group of men fawning for the attention of a hot piece of trim is page two of the Caveman Courtship Guide. Page one reads, “Club over head, drag home to cave.” OF COURSE one of Thurman’s players asked him, “Hey, coach, loft one by that foxy reporter. Cro’s got game on me.”…

Read between the lines. This artificial, manufactured news was presented to the public for two reasons. Guys love pin-up material.

http://rhymeandreasonable.com/tag/jason-taylor/

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:39 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Crazy things have been going on in NFL locker rooms since their existence..........both bad and great teams have plenty of skeletons. Jeff Pearlman wrote an book about the Cowboys' Dynasty in late 80's to early nineties. I think there's a documentary out there, but have not been able to find it. Anyway, here's some of the quotes and check out Jeff Pearlman's interview with Jim Rome at the end. The excerpt focuses on Charles Haley, Pearlman claims he would pleasure himself in meetings..............

"When the Dallas Cowboys prepared to leave Texas for Tempe, Arizona, the site of Super Bowl XXX, they made certain every necessary item was packed and loaded for the 1,056-mile journey. Helmets-check! Pads-check! Athletic tape-check! Shoes-check! Playbooks-check! Skanks-check! Skanks? Yes, you read that correctly. Skanks. Lots of skanks."

"Knowing that the wives and family members would not arrive in Tempe until the Thursday or Friday before the big game, several Cowboys-ranging from Emmitt Smith and Charles Haley to Erik Williams and Nate Newton-paid for a fleet of 11 white stretches from the First Impression Limousine Service to drive 16 hours and 1,000 miles from Dallas to Tempe, many with their special skank"

"Erik Williams, Leon Lett and Irvin took a stretch Lincoln to and from practices. The players stayed out early into mornings and arrived to work hungover following wild sojourns to clubs like Empire and Jetz & Stixx."

Jim Rome Interview.........

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Boys+Will+Be+Boys+Jeff+Pearlman+&go=&qs=n&form=QBVR&pq=boys+will+be+boys+jeff+pearlman+&sc=1-32&sp=-1&sk=#view=detail&mid=775C23DD124475102065775C23DD124475102065

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:14 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

lol I just had a flash back to JJ walking on the flutie flakes.. lol

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]