View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 ESPN reprting Turner fired 
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post ESPN reprting Turner fired
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10485503/miami-dolphins-fire-offenive-line-coach-jim-turner-trainer-kevin-oneill-following-wells-report

Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:15 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: ESPN reprting Turner fired
Quote:
"The language and behavior as described in the Ted Wells report are against the core values of our organization," said Dolphins owner Stephen Ross in a statement. "After receiving the report, I conducted my own internal review of the facts to determine the appropriate steps for our organization. Jim Turner and Kevin O'Neill are good people who care a great deal about their profession and the players whom they serve, but both exhibited poor judgment at times which led me to this conclusion."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10485 ... lls-report

Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:21 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
I am in contact with Jonathan Martin and we plan to meet soon. Next week, I will provide further details of our partnership with the NYU School of Law and the NYU Center for Sports and Society regarding a broader effort to address conduct in sports. My commitment to our fans, coaches, players and staff is that we will be a stronger organization going forward.”

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/press ... d15bc70753

Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:27 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Being in charge of a line that gave up 1,539 sacks (approx) wasn't enough? I'm glad he is fired, but it is a continuing pattern with Ross. He doesn't do anything about a problem until it has a flashing neon sign over it.

Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:29 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
“As the Head Coach of the Miami Dolphins, it is my responsibility to create an atmosphere that allows each player the opportunity to reach his full potential," said Dolphins Head Coach Joe Philbin. ... It is not possible for a team to accomplish its goals when the fundamental values of respect are violated. That ultimately rests on my shoulders and I will be accountable moving forward

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/press ... d15bc70753

If the firing of Kevin O'Neill is any indication about how he is going to handle things going forward then I am not confident in his ability.

Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:29 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Its easy to fire a OL coach & trainer. Lets see some substance & backbone.

Cut Pouncey

Until that happens. Miami is just another org blowing smoke on an issue with no real action.

Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:24 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Dphins4me wrote:
Cut Pouncey

Until that happens. Miami is just another org blowing smoke on an issue with no real action.

Yeah, fantastic idea lmao. Let's cut the only positive constant of a historically dreadful offensive line. He is one of the best centers in football.

Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:48 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

It needed to be done. Both guys were seemingly guilty of actions that were detrimental to the organization.

Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:11 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I'd trade Pouncey and draft another center.

Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:37 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Hopefully this "Goat Rodeo" is almost over.

We all saw the Turner move coming a mile away. As far as O'Neill is concerned, it is irrelevant if the guy was a great trainer and voted to an award, but if he participated in the constant unethical type of behavior behind the scenes, then I suppose Ross had to to what he felt to do in letting him go.

I won't lose sleep over either of these decisions. Right now I am more concerned to see if Hickey and company will draft smart; pick up key free agents to help make this team better and if Bill Lazor can help Tannehill become an All-Pro QB.

Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:30 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Yeah, fantastic idea lmao. Let's cut the only positive constant of a historically dreadful offensive line. He is one of the best centers in football.

So basically you are a typical fan. A player can get away with anything as long as he can help you win a game. Fan/teams have no morals.

Its that type of mentality that continue to foster the belief that athletes are special and have a different set of rules than the rest of us.

Add this to the fact his public support of an accused and most likely guilty murderer. Pouncey is a bad apple.

I'm not saying I want Pouncey cut. I'm just saying, that anything short of getting rid of all is window dressing. If you get rid of Cog & Jerry, because they are not as good as Pouncey, then truthfully Miami is not serious about this issue.

My point in all this. Miami does not need to act like its all upset & going to clean the org of the bad people. Firing O'Neil is like kicking the cat, because he saw the dog watching the fox steal the chicken.

Pouncey is the most talented player in all this. If Miami boots everyone that has a role in all this but him, then they are not truly concerned with what went down.

Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:36 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I'm starting to not care who they fire, hire, sign, or release. It will just be another season of "we almost made the playoffs ..... if it weren't for that one thing we would of been 12-4 ..... we just need a few more pieces ..... then we will be superbowl contenders again."

I don't follow other sports. NCAA football a little, but I am all NFL all year round, and I only like the Dolphins. This owner is killing me. You can't win without leadership, and I don't see how an adequate staff can be assembled under this owner.

I guess I will have to find joy in the few individual games they win.

Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:49 am
Profile WWW

rodneyfaile wrote:
I'm starting to not care who they fire, hire, sign, or release. It will just be another season of "we almost made the playoffs ..... if it weren't for that one thing we would of been 12-4 ..... we just need a few more pieces ..... then we will be superbowl contenders again."

:yay: This pretty much sums it up. It seems like we are always close , always right there & never make it but offer all the excuses as to why.
What an off season. I hope our volunteer GM can pull things together.

Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:19 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Dphins4me wrote:
Its easy to fire a OL coach & trainer. Lets see some substance & backbone.

Cut Pouncey

The thing the Dolphins have to do is to recoup something for him rather than flushing another high draft pick down the drain. I would find a way to trade him for another center, or trade him and add a quality center in free agency. Many coaches think they can rehabilitate players and Pouncey is a very talented center. We should find something, but he has to be dealt with. Slapping his wrist would be an insult to the team and the fans.

In all my years of watching football I don't think I've ever seen a team lose their entire offensive line. This whole fiasco has set this team back offensively. Good luck to Lazor.

Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:42 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Philbin should be next.

Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:07 am
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

First off.... Pouncey is an A-hole too... but should he have to get cut..... NO!!!

He basically lost any leverage he gained due to bad behavior when he goes up for contract renegotiations... so regardless. Let him take a team issued suspension for the first two weeks, and sign a contract paying him 3 million per year.... thats all he deserves.... nothing worse..

I think Incognito should be re-signed as well... It would be an "Im swallowing my tongue" type move that shows that he is redeemed of his alleged crimes. Re-Signed on the cheap too.... but resigned.... because he didnt do anything wrong.

Martin should be flat out released. While I'd love a draft pick in trade.... screw it. Let the cry baby go crawl to another team.... in Canada.

Jerry, not to be rude, but brah, ya sucked! veterans minimum as a sign of good faith, to be a backup.

Go out and sign Albert.... and draft another Bookend, and Miami will be fine.

I doubt they take this course of action, but thatd be my call. Screw the media, Screw the press, Screw Martin.... Im trying to win..... and winning solves all problems

Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:26 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Makchell wrote:
Philbin should be next.

I think Dave Hyde asks a good question:

Dave Hyde wrote:
3. Joe Philbin's issued a statement Wednesday that read in part: "It is not possible for a team to accomplish its gold when the fundamental values of respect are violated. That ultimately rests on my shoulders and I will be accountable moving forward for makng sure that we emphasize a team-first culture of respect towards one another." It's good he understands he's accountable for this "moving forward." But why isn't he accountable for these past two years?

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... 4114.story

Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:48 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

SkyHigh314 wrote:
I think Incognito should be re-signed as well... It would be an "Im swallowing my tongue" type move that shows that he is redeemed of his alleged crimes. Re-Signed on the cheap too.... but resigned.... because he didnt do anything wrong.

Seriously?? This is the kind of player you want resigned (on top of Joe Wells report)? Ain't no way that is going to happen.

huffingtonpost.com wrote:
No charges were filed against Incognito, but a 34-year-old female volunteer during a Dolphins' golf tournament at the Turnberry Resort & Club in Aventura, Fla. told police that he had been intoxicated and molested her with a golf club, according to ESPN.com. According to the police report obtained by both outlets, the alleged victim claimed that Incognito "used his golf club to touch her by rubbing it up against her vagina, then up her stomach then to her chest."

"After that, he proceeded to lean up against her buttocks with his private parts as if dancing, saying 'Let it rain! Let it rain!'" according to the police report. "He finally finished his inappropriate behavior by emptying bottled water in her face."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/0 ... 40725.html

Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:55 am
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

So Philbin has been accused of not rehabbing problem child type players..And being called lazy for it....But now those same people want to cut ties with Pouncey...

Funny

Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:12 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Kev1321 wrote:
So Philbin has been accused of not rehabbing problem child type players..And being called lazy for it....But now those same people want to cut ties with Pouncey...

Funny

Who are these people? You talking media or posters here? I have not seen anyone post they want Pouncey cut.

Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:02 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Dphins4me wrote:
So basically you are a typical fan. A player can get away with anything as long as he can help you win a game. Fan/teams have no morals.

First of all, you don't know me. So don't feed into some BS that I have "no morals" after a whopping one sentence post. Second, cutting and trading the guy are two completely different things. Anyone who is in favor of cutting a former 1st round, productive player like Pouncey before letting him test the market are clueless.

We are talking about a player whose bad rep stretches as far as racial comments in a humorous (yes I'll admit it was dark) manner to team assistants, and being a prolific ball buster in the locker room. He's not Michael Vick or OJ Simpson. Your opinion of the kid is extreme. Show me his prior police report of all the people and families he has torn apart. Players like Pouncey in the NFL are a dime a dozen in regards to his locker room mentality.

Last edited by AFCMiamiEast on Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:17 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Dphins4me wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:

Funny

Who are these people? You talking media or posters here? I have not seen anyone post they want Pouncey cut.

Cut ties... to me means trade/cut.....Brandon Marshall ring a bell

Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:41 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:

First of all, you don't know me. So don't feed into some BS that I have "no morals" after a whopping one sentence post..

The old typical fan line......
But keeping Marshall was a smart move......

Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:48 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Dphins4me wrote:
I have not seen anyone post they want Pouncey cut.

Dphins4me wrote:
Cut Pouncey

Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:50 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rich wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:
I have not seen anyone post they want Pouncey cut.

Dphins4me wrote:
Cut Pouncey

Keep Marshall cut Pouncey....Typical fan

Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:57 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Reading is fundemmental both Rich & Kev ( knew you been thinking about me) Not once have I said I want him cut. ( Which is what Mr. I love everything Scot post ) posted.

I have said, its easy to fire a OL coach & trainer but if Miami wants to show they are serious about this then cut Pouncey. Just do not give me window dressing and expect me to buy it as anything more than window dressing.

I do not waant Pouncey cut..I do want clarity on the matter. Do not single out the no names and expect me to take you serious.

Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:38 pm

Dphins4me wrote:
Reading is fundemmental.

So is spelling.

Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:21 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rich wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:
Reading is fundemmental.

So is spelling.

On phone & when you have nothing this is your go to place. Got a good dictionary? I know how you love resorting to them

Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:41 pm

Dphins4me wrote:
On phone

Sorry, I do not understand languages that fail to use definite articles. Does Rosetta Stone offer discs for Cavemanese?

Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:55 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rich wrote:

Sorry, I do not understand languages that fail to use definite articles. Does Rosetta Stone offer discs for Cavemanese?

Try again you big tough message board bully.. That was a pathetic attempt on an insult. I'm sure Dave appreciates your lack of respect on his request.

Carry on tough guy.

Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:33 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Dphins4me wrote:
Rich wrote:

Try again you big tough message board bully.. That was a pathetic attempt on an insult. I'm sure Dave appreciates your lack of respect on his request.

Carry on tough guy.

Typical......

And Brandon Marshall?

Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:59 pm

Dphins4me wrote:
I'm sure Dave appreciates your lack of respect on his request.

:haha

Said the guy who initiated the whole thing by criticizing my reading comprehension.

Big Dave wrote:
* Criticizing a person's reading comprehension makes them feel stupid.

Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:07 pm

Kev1321 wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:
Rich wrote:

Carry on tough guy.

Typical......

And Brandon Marshall?

This guy who claims he would stand up to Incognito, Jerry and Pouncey when everyone here knows he would shrivel up into a corner like a little girl doesn't realize when you point a finger, three point right back...

Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:08 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rich wrote:
This guy who claims he would stand up to Incognito, Jerry and Pouncey when everyone here knows he would shrivel up into a corner like a little girl doesn't realize when you point a finger, three point right back...

First spelling, then insults and now lies. Just running the gauntlet today. You will do or say anything. Shameful.

Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:43 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rich wrote:
Said the guy who initiated the whole thing by criticizing my reading comprehension.

No criticism. Just said reading is fundamental. You cut & pasted my comment leaving out the meaning around those words & then posted a nice little picture in an attempt to make yourself feel more manly by belittling someone else.

So the initiation is on you.

Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:47 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

On record.... YES, I would resign Pouncey in a heart beat.... for a dead beat talent's salary. He in no way has earned a 6-7 million annual salary.... but for the discounted market value for him, which will be tainted now, i would resign him in a second.

Again, Bash me for all its worth. I really don't care. Incognito did nothing wrong in this situation. Pouncey, the same. I fail to find fault in text exchanges...

Hell, some one should read my facebook, or my text history. I'd probably be serving life sentences if you took literally every thing i've said as pure intent. I mean come on.... On the personal side, I've said things about former president bush that would label me the enemy of the state.... I mean come on.

This is all way out of line. Its like a middle schooler that got tease for having Uggz from 5 years ago, and being called eskimo slippers... Racial card, moot point. Gay card, moot point. Drugs? where are the specifics..... I don't see any foul play unless you take it completely in the media's point of view.

Thank you oprah, Thank you tyra, and thank you good morning america for setting the norms on society. We value your half witted opinions

Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:54 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

AFCMiamiEast wrote:

First of all, you don't know me. So don't feed into some BS that I have "no morals" after a whopping one sentence post.
First off you replied to me with attitude & LMAO. So no getting upset with the way I replied. You could have address my comment in a much nicer & more respectful manner. Also, no where in my post did I claim you had no morals.
If you inferred that, then nothing I can do with how you take what I wrote.

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
We are talking about a player whose bad rep stretches as far as racial comments in a humorous (yes I'll admit it was dark) manner to team assistants, and being a prolific ball buster in the locker room. He's not Michael Vick or OJ Simpson. Your opinion of the kid is extreme. Show me his prior police report of all the people and families he has torn apart. Players like Pouncey in the NFL are a dime a dozen in regards to his locker room mentality.
Second. Pouncey is one of the ring leader in the most embarrassing event in Miami Dolphins history. My comment is if Miami wants to be taken seriously that they will not stand for this type behavior. Either fire all or fire none. Do not hand me OL coaches, trainers & bottom rung players as addressing the situation.

I do not believe Pouncey should be cut or traded, but if Miami wants to be taken seriously they have to make a stand & show the world, this is not acceptable. Keeping Pouncey & getting rid of everyone else says. We will take a stand, but only to a point.

Last edited by Dphins4me on Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:55 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Kev1321 wrote:

Typical......

And Brandon Marshall?

This is all the time I care to devote to anything you post. If you understood my post then you would not have replied.

I know even if you understood it, being a you save and masturbate to everything I post just with the hope of skewing it for a chance to attack me.

Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:58 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I respect your opinion Dolphins4Me............it has merit, but finding another young Center with Pouncey's talent is unlikely.

If Pouncey was a marginal player..........he'd certainly be cut, but he's one of the best at his position, with potential to be much better. It would be nice to think we could fill a team with Tebows and be competitive............but that's a pipe dream.

The guy's only 24...........he can change, especially with Incognito's removal and everything else that's gone down. There's good reason to believe he'll get the message.

Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:11 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:
I'd trade Pouncey and draft another center.

Pouncey is quite possibly the best center in the NFL. The only way I would want to see the Dolphins trade Pouncey is if we have plans to sign Alex Mack in free agency. If we're able to sign Alex Mack, and trade Pouncey for a quality draft pick (late 1st to early 2nd), then I'd be ok with a move like that.

What we cannot afford to do is take away an important piece of our already decimated offensive line, and trust that a rookie (likely a 2nd or 3rd round pick) will be able to step in and immediately fill that void.

Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next