Phinfever.com

Catch the madness!

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 5142
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
I think Ponceys time here should come to an end. Its pretty clear that as clueless as Ross is he is trying to rid everyone involved in this thing. I dont know if he is the best center in the nfl , he certainly is good but I dont think he is the best , getting rid of anyone from this offensive line will not be a big deal , they flat out sucked. WE have a volunteer GM , he sort of has that interim tag on him. Let him prove his worth. Tannehill is now Lazor poewered. Draft well , get rid of the troublemakers , all aboard the 13-3 bus. Philbin makes history.

_________________
GASE IS ON THE CASE!!! 2016 SB CHAMPIONS.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:49 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:12 pm
Posts: 1329
Too many people think pouncey is a great center when he isnt good enough to warrant problems worse than or equal to brandom marshall.
Trade him, cut him, whatever the line cant get much worse and keeping him only makes more problems

Bad at your job and creating turmoil for the company doesnt warrant millions of dollars.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 6501
shularino wrote:
I respect your opinion Dolphins4Me............it has merit, but finding another young Center with Pouncey's talent is unlikely.

If Pouncey was a marginal player..........he'd certainly be cut, but he's one of the best at his position, with potential to be much better. It would be nice to think we could fill a team with Tebows and be competitive............but that's a pipe dream.

The guy's only 24...........he can change, especially with Incognito's removal and everything else that's gone down. There's good reason to believe he'll get the message.

I'm not saying he needs to be cut or trade. I personally think this whole ordeal is overblown because Martin is weak.

I'm saying Miami cannot take this absolute stand of we are not going to stand for this type behavior & do nothing but suspend Pouncey for a few games while taking out the knife to everyone else. Not ridding the team of Pouncey means the rest of the stuff was window dressing.


Last edited by Dphins4me on Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:35 am 
Offline
2016 Draft Analyst
2016 Draft Analyst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11246
Location: Lancaster, PA
wkloiber13 wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
I'd trade Pouncey and draft another center.


Pouncey is quite possibly the best center in the NFL. The only way I would want to see the Dolphins trade Pouncey is if we have plans to sign Alex Mack in free agency. If we're able to sign Alex Mack, and trade Pouncey for a quality draft pick (late 1st to early 2nd), then I'd be ok with a move like that.

What we cannot afford to do is take away an important piece of our already decimated offensive line, and trust that a rookie (likely a 2nd or 3rd round pick) will be able to step in and immediately fill that void.


If he's the best center in the league then why is it we couldn't gain a yard on the ground anytime we needed it this season?


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:55 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 6501
shularino wrote:
I respect your opinion Dolphins4Me............it has merit, but finding another young Center with Pouncey's talent is unlikely.
If Pouncey was a marginal player..........he'd certainly be cut, but he's one of the best at his position, with potential to be much better. It would be nice to think we could fill a team with Tebows and be competitive............but that's a pipe dream.

The guy's only 24...........he can change, especially with Incognito's removal and everything else that's gone down. There's good reason to believe he'll get the message.
I agree, but my point is Ross does not need to act like this is unacceptable behavior by firing everyone but Pouncey. Doing that simply says, if you are good, then we will accept your behavior.

I do not expect Miami to remove him from the team, especially since Miami is a joke of a franchise. Firing the trainer like they did was grand standing. All they did was kick the cat for ( for as reported ) not seeing the dog watching the fox kill the chickens.

With each passing yr I lose more & more interest in this team. I expect that will remain the case until the clown show in Miami is gone. How such a buffoon made all that money is a mystery to me.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:57 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 4656
Location: MA.
Rich wrote:
".


This guy who claims he would stand up to Incognito, Jerry and Pouncey when everyone here knows he would shrivel up into a corner like a little girl doesn't realize when you point a finger, three point right back...


That's how i see it.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:01 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 4656
Location: MA.
swerve13 wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
I'd trade Pouncey and draft another center.


Pouncey is quite possibly the best center in the NFL. The only way I would want to see the Dolphins trade Pouncey is if we have plans to sign Alex Mack in free agency. If we're able to sign Alex Mack, and trade Pouncey for a quality draft pick (late 1st to early 2nd), then I'd be ok with a move like that.

What we cannot afford to do is take away an important piece of our already decimated offensive line, and trust that a rookie (likely a 2nd or 3rd round pick) will be able to step in and immediately fill that void.


If he's the best center in the league then why is it we couldn't gain a yard on the ground anytime we needed it this season?


Same could be said for Jerrod Mayo and VInce WIlfork...Who played for the worst defense in NFLHistory


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:12 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 5142
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Funny how most points on threads are justified by always going back to the Patriots.

_________________
GASE IS ON THE CASE!!! 2016 SB CHAMPIONS.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:03 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 6501
Kev wrote:

That's how i see it.
:dance: A non truth teller agreeing with a non truth. Who would have ever guessed.


Last edited by Dphins4me on Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:37 am, edited 3 times in total.

Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:07 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 6501
FINesse wrote:
Funny how most points on threads are justified by always going back to the Patriots.

Yeap, they cheated. Just in case no one here knew that.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:55 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 5597
Location: Houston, Texas
It is all good guys. It is a shame that Pouncey comes across as a thug which doesn't help matters and he lied in the Wells investigation (at least that is what I read) and then who knows what proof investigators "may" have on the Hernandez situation. For all we know, something serious looms there and he may force himself out of Miami.

However, in the meantime, he is the best lineman Miami has so let's hope we either have a contingency plan or he gets to stay and move forward with the new lineman additions.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:40 am 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 8233
Kev and Scot, stop reporting each others post. You are both guilty of "bothering" each other. Take it to PM, it's so played out, seriously.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:07 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24766
Location: Miami, FL
swerve13 wrote:
If he's the best center in the league then why is it we couldn't gain a yard on the ground anytime we needed it this season?


Maybe I missed it, but did the NFL change the rules so that teams are only allowed to have one offensive lineman?

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:42 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 12060
Location: Raleigh, NC
Rich wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
If he's the best center in the league then why is it we couldn't gain a yard on the ground anytime we needed it this season?


Maybe I missed it, but did the NFL change the rules so that teams are only allowed to have one offensive lineman?


LOL. He was pretty much our only lineman worth keeping last year. Hopefully he will see what has happened to his good friends the past couple of years and give himself a real attitude adjustment.

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:35 am 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 8233
the problem is that we need 4 lineman and Pouncy would make 5. I'm sick to my stomach thinking about the '14 season.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:43 am 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 8282
Location: Topsfield, MA
Its not even worth commenting on the Wells Report or its consequences anymore because everytime you hear news and voice your opinion something new comes out that completely changes the story.

You're basically right and wrong at the same time.

Never ending headache that just won't go away.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:43 pm 
Offline
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:45 am
Posts: 440
Didn't want to start another post about any of this so i'll ask here..

Anyoen hear anything about the Martin meeting? someone tell me he is not returning...

as soon as joe said that Ross reached out to Martin i got this ill feeling in my gut... it is yet to go away...

Ross has to know that this mess set him back a few years and that keeping this Useless chump around is just going to piss off more fans and probably land you another lawsuit when you have to cut this guy...

Pay out his contract... trade him.. whatever.. but God I hope Ross is smart enough to take whatever licks he needs to now to end this asap....

I am hoping that hearing nothing means the made him a "GO AWAY" offer and he is thinking about it...


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:00 pm 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 8282
Location: Topsfield, MA
randylvc wrote:
Didn't want to start another post about any of this so i'll ask here..

Anyoen hear anything about the Martin meeting? someone tell me he is not returning...

as soon as joe said that Ross reached out to Martin i got this ill feeling in my gut... it is yet to go away...

Ross has to know that this mess set him back a few years and that keeping this Useless chump around is just going to piss off more fans and probably land you another lawsuit when you have to cut this guy...

Pay out his contract... trade him.. whatever.. but God I hope Ross is smart enough to take whatever licks he needs to now to end this asap....

I am hoping that hearing nothing means the made him a "GO AWAY" offer and he is thinking about it...


I've seen a few reporters claim their sources say Martin is as good as gone and surprisingly enough it will be via trade.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:07 pm 
Offline
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:45 am
Posts: 440
how many picks did we have to give up to get someone to take him? J/K ... :) i think

Well that's good news! i think when he is gone. my mind can start thinking about football again...

I'm pretty sure that if he ends up on our team thats gonna do it for me for a few seasons... I'm gonna need a break.. and a very large joint.. so i'm going to need to move to denver... Pa is not so kind about such things...


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r