View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 ESPN reprting Turner fired 
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: ESPN reprting Turner fired
I think Ponceys time here should come to an end. Its pretty clear that as clueless as Ross is he is trying to rid everyone involved in this thing. I dont know if he is the best center in the nfl , he certainly is good but I dont think he is the best , getting rid of anyone from this offensive line will not be a big deal , they flat out sucked. WE have a volunteer GM , he sort of has that interim tag on him. Let him prove his worth. Tannehill is now Lazor poewered. Draft well , get rid of the troublemakers , all aboard the 13-3 bus. Philbin makes history.

Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:37 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Too many people think pouncey is a great center when he isnt good enough to warrant problems worse than or equal to brandom marshall.
Trade him, cut him, whatever the line cant get much worse and keeping him only makes more problems

Bad at your job and creating turmoil for the company doesnt warrant millions of dollars.

Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:49 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

shularino wrote:
I respect your opinion Dolphins4Me............it has merit, but finding another young Center with Pouncey's talent is unlikely.

If Pouncey was a marginal player..........he'd certainly be cut, but he's one of the best at his position, with potential to be much better. It would be nice to think we could fill a team with Tebows and be competitive............but that's a pipe dream.

The guy's only 24...........he can change, especially with Incognito's removal and everything else that's gone down. There's good reason to believe he'll get the message.

I'm not saying he needs to be cut or trade. I personally think this whole ordeal is overblown because Martin is weak.

I'm saying Miami cannot take this absolute stand of we are not going to stand for this type behavior & do nothing but suspend Pouncey for a few games while taking out the knife to everyone else. Not ridding the team of Pouncey means the rest of the stuff was window dressing.

Last edited by Dphins4me on Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:26 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

wkloiber13 wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
I'd trade Pouncey and draft another center.

Pouncey is quite possibly the best center in the NFL. The only way I would want to see the Dolphins trade Pouncey is if we have plans to sign Alex Mack in free agency. If we're able to sign Alex Mack, and trade Pouncey for a quality draft pick (late 1st to early 2nd), then I'd be ok with a move like that.

What we cannot afford to do is take away an important piece of our already decimated offensive line, and trust that a rookie (likely a 2nd or 3rd round pick) will be able to step in and immediately fill that void.

If he's the best center in the league then why is it we couldn't gain a yard on the ground anytime we needed it this season?

Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:35 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

shularino wrote:
I respect your opinion Dolphins4Me............it has merit, but finding another young Center with Pouncey's talent is unlikely.
If Pouncey was a marginal player..........he'd certainly be cut, but he's one of the best at his position, with potential to be much better. It would be nice to think we could fill a team with Tebows and be competitive............but that's a pipe dream.

The guy's only 24...........he can change, especially with Incognito's removal and everything else that's gone down. There's good reason to believe he'll get the message.
I agree, but my point is Ross does not need to act like this is unacceptable behavior by firing everyone but Pouncey. Doing that simply says, if you are good, then we will accept your behavior.

I do not expect Miami to remove him from the team, especially since Miami is a joke of a franchise. Firing the trainer like they did was grand standing. All they did was kick the cat for ( for as reported ) not seeing the dog watching the fox kill the chickens.

With each passing yr I lose more & more interest in this team. I expect that will remain the case until the clown show in Miami is gone. How such a buffoon made all that money is a mystery to me.

Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:55 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rich wrote:
".

This guy who claims he would stand up to Incognito, Jerry and Pouncey when everyone here knows he would shrivel up into a corner like a little girl doesn't realize when you point a finger, three point right back...

That's how i see it.

Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:57 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

swerve13 wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
I'd trade Pouncey and draft another center.

Pouncey is quite possibly the best center in the NFL. The only way I would want to see the Dolphins trade Pouncey is if we have plans to sign Alex Mack in free agency. If we're able to sign Alex Mack, and trade Pouncey for a quality draft pick (late 1st to early 2nd), then I'd be ok with a move like that.

What we cannot afford to do is take away an important piece of our already decimated offensive line, and trust that a rookie (likely a 2nd or 3rd round pick) will be able to step in and immediately fill that void.

If he's the best center in the league then why is it we couldn't gain a yard on the ground anytime we needed it this season?

Same could be said for Jerrod Mayo and VInce WIlfork...Who played for the worst defense in NFLHistory

Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:01 am

Funny how most points on threads are justified by always going back to the Patriots.

Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:12 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Kev wrote:

That's how i see it.
:dance: A non truth teller agreeing with a non truth. Who would have ever guessed.

Last edited by Dphins4me on Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:37 am, edited 3 times in total.

Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:03 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

FINesse wrote:
Funny how most points on threads are justified by always going back to the Patriots.

Yeap, they cheated. Just in case no one here knew that.

Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:07 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

It is all good guys. It is a shame that Pouncey comes across as a thug which doesn't help matters and he lied in the Wells investigation (at least that is what I read) and then who knows what proof investigators "may" have on the Hernandez situation. For all we know, something serious looms there and he may force himself out of Miami.

However, in the meantime, he is the best lineman Miami has so let's hope we either have a contingency plan or he gets to stay and move forward with the new lineman additions.

Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:55 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Kev and Scot, stop reporting each others post. You are both guilty of "bothering" each other. Take it to PM, it's so played out, seriously.

Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:40 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

swerve13 wrote:

Maybe I missed it, but did the NFL change the rules so that teams are only allowed to have one offensive lineman?

Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:07 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Rich wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

Maybe I missed it, but did the NFL change the rules so that teams are only allowed to have one offensive lineman?

LOL. He was pretty much our only lineman worth keeping last year. Hopefully he will see what has happened to his good friends the past couple of years and give himself a real attitude adjustment.

Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:42 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

the problem is that we need 4 lineman and Pouncy would make 5. I'm sick to my stomach thinking about the '14 season.

Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:35 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Its not even worth commenting on the Wells Report or its consequences anymore because everytime you hear news and voice your opinion something new comes out that completely changes the story.

You're basically right and wrong at the same time.

Never ending headache that just won't go away.

Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:43 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Didn't want to start another post about any of this so i'll ask here..

Anyoen hear anything about the Martin meeting? someone tell me he is not returning...

as soon as joe said that Ross reached out to Martin i got this ill feeling in my gut... it is yet to go away...

Ross has to know that this mess set him back a few years and that keeping this Useless chump around is just going to piss off more fans and probably land you another lawsuit when you have to cut this guy...

Pay out his contract... trade him.. whatever.. but God I hope Ross is smart enough to take whatever licks he needs to now to end this asap....

I am hoping that hearing nothing means the made him a "GO AWAY" offer and he is thinking about it...

Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:43 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

randylvc wrote:
Didn't want to start another post about any of this so i'll ask here..

Anyoen hear anything about the Martin meeting? someone tell me he is not returning...

as soon as joe said that Ross reached out to Martin i got this ill feeling in my gut... it is yet to go away...

Ross has to know that this mess set him back a few years and that keeping this Useless chump around is just going to piss off more fans and probably land you another lawsuit when you have to cut this guy...

Pay out his contract... trade him.. whatever.. but God I hope Ross is smart enough to take whatever licks he needs to now to end this asap....

I am hoping that hearing nothing means the made him a "GO AWAY" offer and he is thinking about it...

I've seen a few reporters claim their sources say Martin is as good as gone and surprisingly enough it will be via trade.

Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:00 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

how many picks did we have to give up to get someone to take him? J/K ... :) i think

Well that's good news! i think when he is gone. my mind can start thinking about football again...

I'm pretty sure that if he ends up on our team thats gonna do it for me for a few seasons... I'm gonna need a break.. and a very large joint.. so i'm going to need to move to denver... Pa is not so kind about such things...

Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2