Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:34 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Barry Jackson wrote:
With the NFL Combine starting today (Wednesday), Mayock said: “This is the deepest and best draft class I've seen in probably 10 years. That's been reinforced by most of the general managers and scouts I've talked to throughout the league. I had one GM tell me the other day that having a top 20 pick this year is very similar to having a Top 10 pick last year.” Miami selects 19th in the first round.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-b ... rylink=cpy

Barry Jackson wrote:
“You can go three, four rounds deep and get a starting offensive tackle,” Mayock said, listing Morgan Moses (Virginia), Jack Mewhort (Ohio State), Brandon Thomas (Clemson) and Joel Bitonio (Nevada) as second-round options.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-b ... rylink=cpy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:50 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Maybe we won't see an offensive tackle in the first round. EspeCially if we can sign Brandon Albert. Tackles are key. You can manufacture guards.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:48 am 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

sign Albert ans draft Zack Martin and we're half way there.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:14 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

swerve13 wrote:
sign Albert ans draft Zack Martin and we're half way there.

I have no idea who their targets are but I think you've pointed out the formula they will use.

Unless it is Jake Matthews or Greg Robinson I'm not sure I want to bank on drafting a left tackle starter (heck look at the top 3 drafted last year).

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:50 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

For the first time I can remember I am completely dreading this draft

If our FO doesn't do something stupid we will only be selecting the essential positions. & each time we make a pick we will be reminded why we are a team in such need & how dysfunctional our franchise is

I would be pumped to see Kelvin Benjamin & Carlos Hyde in the first or second rounds but they would be foolish choices at this time. Its just not going to be fun to watch

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:59 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

We'll find a way to eff it up and have them all on the bench like last year. We are the only team that has no rookies starting, we have a new meaning of special teams.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:02 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Actually, I am a bit excited by this draft. They're saying that a top 20 pick is going to be equal to a top 10 pick last year. And the draft is deep with offensive linemen. If Hickey does his homework well this draft could set us up for several years of offensive production. They'll all have time to develop chemistry with each other and we should be adding a LT in free agency as well.

The key would be for Mr Niceguy Philben to man this team up.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:06 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Big Dave wrote:
Actually, I am a bit excited by this draft. They're saying that a top 20 pick is going to be equal to a top 10 pick last year. And the draft is deep with offensive linemen. If Hickey does his homework well this draft could set us up for several years of offensive production. They'll all have time to develop chemistry with each other and we should be adding a LT in free agency as well.

Im excited to see what Hickey does too. I think this draft is going to give us a toughness edge that we need. Some maulers on the inside and a more physical runningback.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:18 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Another reason why I'm hoping that Zack Martin is still available when we pick at 19. He looks like he might be the last tackle with a first round grade now. (4 total)

Quote:
Draft insider Tony Pauline heard from one Buffalo Bills scout that Alabama T Cyrus Kouandjio can say "goodbye" to the first-round.
Pauline called Koaundjio's workout "sluggish, slow and totally unprepared." The big left tackle posted an official forty time of 5.59 seconds and 10 yard splits of 1.79 and 1.87 seconds. Kouandjio also posted 21 bench press reps. There were some highs and lows to Kouandjio's game during his final season, but we still think he has talent.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:44 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:
Another reason why I'm hoping that Zack Martin is still available when we pick at 19. He looks like he might be the last tackle with a first round grade now. (4 total)

Quote:
Draft insider Tony Pauline heard from one Buffalo Bills scout that Alabama T Cyrus Kouandjio can say "goodbye" to the first-round.
Pauline called Koaundjio's workout "sluggish, slow and totally unprepared." The big left tackle posted an official forty time of 5.59 seconds and 10 yard splits of 1.79 and 1.87 seconds. Kouandjio also posted 21 bench press reps. There were some highs and lows to Kouandjio's game during his final season, but we still think he has talent.

Same thoughts. It's not the fact he ran those times, it's why. He is way too talented to run a 5.6 and put up just 21 reps on the bench.

It's between Moses and Martin, for me.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:50 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Actually, I am a bit excited by this draft. They're saying that a top 20 pick is going to be equal to a top 10 pick last year

We draft the #2 and he did nothing....lol. Can't wait to get a top 20 that's like last year's top 10. :haha

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:17 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Quote:
Several teams have failed Alabama T Cyrus Kouandjio's medicals, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.
Apparently the issue involves Kouandjio's arthritic knee from a failed surgery. USA Today's Brent Sobleski added that it is genetic, as Kouandjio's brother has bad knees as well. The left tackle had promising flashes with the Crimson Tide and he will almost certainly still be drafted. Alabama prospects continue to give an arm and a leg before leaving the football program.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:22 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Big Dave wrote:

I am looking forward to the draft as well. I wouldn't be surprised if we trade down, if one of the QB's falls to our spot. Maybe Cleveland will step up, well probably get their second rounder. As this is such a deep draft it would make sense. Sign Albert and another fa lineman then maybe trade down and grab Cyril Richardson, G/OT, Baylor, or David Yankey, G/OT, Stanford in the late 1st or early second. Seen Yankey play some this year and he was a monster at pulling. Also if Billy Turner, OT, North Dakota State slid to the 5th round he might be a player for the future, as he needs time to develop. The bottom line is OL news will dominate the Dolphins offseason.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:23 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Phins Rock wrote:
Quote:
Several teams have failed Alabama T Cyrus Kouandjio's medicals, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.
Apparently the issue involves Kouandjio's arthritic knee from a failed surgery. USA Today's Brent Sobleski added that it is genetic, as Kouandjio's brother has bad knees as well. The left tackle had promising flashes with the Crimson Tide and he will almost certainly still be drafted. Alabama prospects continue to give an arm and a leg before leaving the football program.

We are linked with him quite a bit in the mock drafts.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:49 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Phins Rock wrote:
Quote:

JP, Cyrus could plummet now. Maybe Moses and Mewhort fly up in the draft order.

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]