All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Jim Harbaugh
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:58 am
Posts: 1646
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -harbaugh/

I thought trading for a head coach was banned by the league a few years back after the Gruden to Tampa and Herm to KC deals, but who knows?? Maybe the league has quietly opened that back up and kept it under wraps. According to this story SF almost traded Harbaugh to the Browns for a bunch of picks and Harbaugh was on board with it for a bit but then decided against it. Didn't end up happening. Then again, who wants to live in Cleveland if your name is not Ray Farmer??

A bigger story to watch going forward is that Harbaugh is unhappy in SF and doesn't get along with the people above him (he flirted with the Texas Longhorns job and now this.) If the Dolphins have another season like the past five, Ross will probably clean house. We know how bad Ross wanted Harbaugh a couple years back. Both men are Michigan guys. I'll bet Ross will give him a blank check to hire anyone he wants and do whatever he wants. He might be able to trade for him and hand him the keys to the kingdom. Ross gets his guy, Harbaugh gets all the power and a ton of money. Wouldn't shock me to see this down the road.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Jim Harbaugh
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 12192
Location: Raleigh, NC
The funny thing is that when he played quarterback he seemed very composed and even-keeled. Now, he's an emotional train wreck.

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Jim Harbaugh
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 6186
Big Dave wrote:
The funny thing is that when he played quarterback he seemed very composed and even-keeled. Now, he's an emotional train wreck.


"Captain Comeback" has always been high strung.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Jim Harbaugh
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:57 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:17 pm
Posts: 782
I would make this deal in a heartbeat!!! Let's go 3-13 in 2014!!!


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Jim Harbaugh
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!

Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:49 pm
Posts: 1686
Location: Charlotte, NC
Let's try not to get too caught up in Harbough, the same way we did with Manning. It's realistic he won't be in SF after this year, but he'll be in more demand than any coach since JJ.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Jim Harbaugh
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:48 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:17 pm
Posts: 782
shularino wrote:
Let's try not to get too caught up in Harbough, the same way we did with Manning. It's realistic he won't be in SF after this year, but he'll be in more demand than any coach since JJ.


You're right but Ross has the $$$ and would be willing to give a fellow Michigan man all the power he wants!


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Jim Harbaugh
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:25 am 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:35 am
Posts: 1889
Location: Lakeland, Fl
MdDolfan wrote:
shularino wrote:
Let's try not to get too caught up in Harbough, the same way we did with Manning. It's realistic he won't be in SF after this year, but he'll be in more demand than any coach since JJ.


You're right but Ross has the $$$ and would be willing to give a fellow Michigan man all the power he wants!


The problem is Ross is still here pulling the strings. I am quickly coming to the realization that Miami is going to be inept and an embarrassment as long as Ross is the owner.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Jim Harbaugh
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:43 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:22 am
Posts: 1480
Location: Chesapeake, VA
bobby0112 wrote:
MdDolfan wrote:
shularino wrote:
Let's try not to get too caught up in Harbough, the same way we did with Manning. It's realistic he won't be in SF after this year, but he'll be in more demand than any coach since JJ.


You're right but Ross has the $$$ and would be willing to give a fellow Michigan man all the power he wants!


The problem is Ross is still here pulling the strings. I am quickly coming to the realization that Miami is going to be inept and an embarrassment as long as Ross is the owner.


I am hoping Ross will realize what he is doing is not working, and that he needs to give full control over to someone like Harbaugh. It worked for the Seahawks.

_________________
Don't give up. Don't ever give up." - Jim Valvano


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Jim Harbaugh
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:43 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:22 am
Posts: 1480
Location: Chesapeake, VA
MdDolfan wrote:
I would make this deal in a heartbeat!!! Let's go 3-13 in 2014!!!


I have the sad feeling you won't be far off.

_________________
Don't give up. Don't ever give up." - Jim Valvano


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Jim Harbaugh
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:59 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 12192
Location: Raleigh, NC
Quote:
Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com follows up on Florio’s report by adding some insight into the hangups in the contract extension talks in San Francisco. Per Maiocco, the 49ers are not prepared to pay Harbaugh “like a Super Bowl-winning coach” because he hasn’t won the Super Bowl. Harbaugh has taken the 49ers to three straight NFC Championship games, but lost to the Ravens in his only Super Bowl trip.

The 49ers are reportedly offering a short-term deal with lower guarantees than the league’s top echelon of coaches with incentives that would bump Harbaugh up into that tier if he wins a Super Bowl. The team also reportedly gave Harbaugh the right to seek endorsement deals with team sponsors to bump his income closer to desired levels with Harbaugh ultimately taking in an extra $1 million.


http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... to-browns/

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Jim Harbaugh
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:25 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 5604
Location: Houston, Texas
IMO it would be foolish for the 49er organization to allow Harbaugh to leave. In this day and age of money for the NFL, just pay the guy as it is hard enough to find winning coaches, let alone one that has led your team to NFC Championship games & the Superbowl in his first years coaching in the NFL.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Jim Harbaugh
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:36 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 12192
Location: Raleigh, NC
This reminds me of another head coach who was unhappy with upper managment.

Image

http://books.google.com/books?id=3M6PD- ... e&q&f=true

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Jim Harbaugh
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 6503
Big Dave wrote:
Quote:
Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com follows up on Florio’s report by adding some insight into the hangups in the contract extension talks in San Francisco. Per Maiocco, the 49ers are not prepared to pay Harbaugh “like a Super Bowl-winning coach” because he hasn’t won the Super Bowl. Harbaugh has taken the 49ers to three straight NFC Championship games, but lost to the Ravens in his only Super Bowl trip.

The 49ers are reportedly offering a short-term deal with lower guarantees than the league’s top echelon of coaches with incentives that would bump Harbaugh up into that tier if he wins a Super Bowl. The team also reportedly gave Harbaugh the right to seek endorsement deals with team sponsors to bump his income closer to desired levels with Harbaugh ultimately taking in an extra $1 million.



Going to show my age, but this reminds me when the Houston Oilers fired Bum Phillips because he lost twice in the AFC game & then in the WC game three yrs in a row. They replaced him with Ed Biles who then took that team that had went 10-6, 11-5,11-5 to 8-23 over the next 2 1/2 yrs. Houston did not make the players for 6 yrs after firing Bum.

Sometimes people do not know when they have a good thing.

One thing. If Harbaugh does come to Miami. Look at the cash he keeps just simply based on state income taxes.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Jim Harbaugh
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 12192
Location: Raleigh, NC
Dphins4me wrote:
Going to show my age, but this reminds me when the Houston Oilers fired Bum Phillips because he lost twice in the AFC game & then in the WC game three yrs in a row. They replaced him with Ed Biles who then took that team that had went 10-6, 11-5,11-5 to 8-23 over the next 2 1/2 yrs. Houston did not make the players for 6 yrs after firing Bum.

Sometimes people do not know when they have a good thing.


I remember when that happened. They didn't do anything until Bum Phillips, then they fired him for losing in the playoffs. I thought it was one of the dumbest moves.

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Jim Harbaugh
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:58 am
Posts: 1646
Dphins4me wrote:
Big Dave wrote:
Quote:
Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com follows up on Florio’s report by adding some insight into the hangups in the contract extension talks in San Francisco. Per Maiocco, the 49ers are not prepared to pay Harbaugh “like a Super Bowl-winning coach” because he hasn’t won the Super Bowl. Harbaugh has taken the 49ers to three straight NFC Championship games, but lost to the Ravens in his only Super Bowl trip.

The 49ers are reportedly offering a short-term deal with lower guarantees than the league’s top echelon of coaches with incentives that would bump Harbaugh up into that tier if he wins a Super Bowl. The team also reportedly gave Harbaugh the right to seek endorsement deals with team sponsors to bump his income closer to desired levels with Harbaugh ultimately taking in an extra $1 million.



Going to show my age, but this reminds me when the Houston Oilers fired Bum Phillips because he lost twice in the AFC game & then in the WC game three yrs in a row. They replaced him with Ed Biles who then took that team that had went 10-6, 11-5,11-5 to 8-23 over the next 2 1/2 yrs. Houston did not make the players for 6 yrs after firing Bum.

Sometimes people do not know when they have a good thing.

One thing. If Harbaugh does come to Miami. Look at the cash he keeps just simply based on state income taxes.


And California state income taxes are some of the highest in the nation.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Jim Harbaugh
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:09 pm 
Offline
2016 Draft Analyst
2016 Draft Analyst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11386
Location: Lancaster, PA
Big Dave wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:
Going to show my age, but this reminds me when the Houston Oilers fired Bum Phillips because he lost twice in the AFC game & then in the WC game three yrs in a row. They replaced him with Ed Biles who then took that team that had went 10-6, 11-5,11-5 to 8-23 over the next 2 1/2 yrs. Houston did not make the players for 6 yrs after firing Bum.

Sometimes people do not know when they have a good thing.


I remember when that happened. They didn't do anything until Bum Phillips, then they fired him for losing in the playoffs. I thought it was one of the dumbest moves.


Marty Schottenheimer goes 14-2 in San Diego and gets the axe.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Jim Harbaugh
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:31 pm 
Offline
2016 Draft Analyst
2016 Draft Analyst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11386
Location: Lancaster, PA
Quote:
It's entirely unclear what sort of compensation San Francisco was seeking, but pretty clear at this point that the Niners may be headed for a divorce with Harbaugh, probably after next season. It's worth noting Dolphins owner Stephen Ross pursued Harbaugh aggressively when he was leaving Stanford. Current Fins GM Dennis Hickey and coach Joe Philbin are believed to be a lame-duck pairing entering 2014.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Jim Harbaugh
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:14 am 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Miami would be a perfect situation for Harbaugh. Our owner is willing to overpay, the team is in good salary cap shape because of Aponte, and we have a neutered GM that cannot make significant decisions without his approval or buy in.

But this is a moot point. I truly believe that the Philbin/Hickey duo will be sticking around for at least two years (until their contracts are up). If Tannehill isn't a franchise quarterback and the Dolphins aren't a playoff team by then, then I think Ross will blow the whole thing up and start fresh.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Jim Harbaugh
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:23 am 
Offline
2016 Draft Analyst
2016 Draft Analyst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11386
Location: Lancaster, PA
Quote:
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora passes along "increasing buzz" from the Combine that the 49ers may ultimately have to decide between keeping coach Jim Harbaugh and GM Trent Baalke.
La Canfora reports Harbaugh and Baalke are "barely speaking," with "almost all" of their communication going through email. Harbaugh's relationship with club president Paraag Marathe is also "strained." Harbaugh has two years left on his contract, and is one of the NFL's most underpaid coaches. He's entrenched as the 49ers' coach for 2014, but the franchise may revisit the idea of "trading" him next offseason. La Canfora writes that he's "long expected" Dolphins owner Stephen Ross to attempt to trade for Harbaugh. Ross aggressively targeted Harbaugh to replace Tony Sparano as head coach in January of 2011.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Jim Harbaugh
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:38 pm 
Offline
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:45 am
Posts: 440
swerve13 wrote:
Quote:
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora passes along "increasing buzz" from the Combine that the 49ers may ultimately have to decide between keeping coach Jim Harbaugh and GM Trent Baalke.
La Canfora reports Harbaugh and Baalke are "barely speaking," with "almost all" of their communication going through email. Harbaugh's relationship with club president Paraag Marathe is also "strained." Harbaugh has two years left on his contract, and is one of the NFL's most underpaid coaches. He's entrenched as the 49ers' coach for 2014, but the franchise may revisit the idea of "trading" him next offseason. La Canfora writes that he's "long expected" Dolphins owner Stephen Ross to attempt to trade for Harbaugh. Ross aggressively targeted Harbaugh to replace Tony Sparano as head coach in January of 2011.



sorry but Jim is a spoiled little Bit"" we have enough problems... this would just add to them.. I didn't want him when we tried before... and he was happy to toss us under the bus in public when our owner reached out to him.... no .. this guy is cancer.. sooner or later something is gonna piss him off and the 12 year old jim will come out...


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Jim Harbaugh
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:57 pm 
Offline
2016 Draft Analyst
2016 Draft Analyst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11386
Location: Lancaster, PA
dude can coach.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Jim Harbaugh
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 12192
Location: Raleigh, NC
swerve13 wrote:
dude can coach.


And he can't stand losing. Hire him and let him run the team. Something tells me that he and Aponte will have issues.

:haha

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Jim Harbaugh
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:46 pm 
Offline
2016 Draft Analyst
2016 Draft Analyst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11386
Location: Lancaster, PA
I enjoy watching him, it's like comedy with my football on sundays.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Jim Harbaugh
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 5173
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Its gonna be pretty tough for even Ross to fire a coach after he wins the super bowl.

_________________
GASE IS ON THE CASE!!! 2016 SB CHAMPIONS.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Jim Harbaugh
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:56 am 
Offline
2016 Draft Analyst
2016 Draft Analyst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11386
Location: Lancaster, PA
Quote:
The National Football Post's Jason Cole expects the Dolphins to pursue Jim Harbaugh next offseason, "barring a Super Bowl win by the 49ers."
That should help Joe Philbin sleep at night. According to Cole, the "rumor was already out there," and "only got stronger this weekend." Cole's report runs concurrent to one from CSN Bay Area's Matt Maiocco, who passed along Monday that the "feeling within the organization is that Harbaugh is not going to be a 10-year coach with the 49ers." San Francisco has re-emerged as one of the league's elite franchises, but it's got a serious issue on its hands.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Jim Harbaugh
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:48 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 12192
Location: Raleigh, NC
Image

https://twitter.com/JasonPhilCole/statu ... 6771358720

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Jim Harbaugh
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:23 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:22 am
Posts: 1480
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Or, this could all just be part of the "get Harbaugh more money from the 49ers" plan.

I don't see why Harbaugh would want come anywhere near the Dolphins. I can see why we would be interested in him, but why would he be interested, unless of course we agree to have a REAL house-cleaning.

_________________
Don't give up. Don't ever give up." - Jim Valvano


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Jim Harbaugh
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:12 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 5604
Location: Houston, Texas
It is funny how rumors start. Sort of like when Manning to Miami happened.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Jim Harbaugh
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:31 pm 
Offline
2016 Thursday Blog Writer
2016 Thursday Blog Writer

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6728
Rock Sexton wrote:
Big Dave wrote:
The funny thing is that when he played quarterback he seemed very composed and even-keeled. Now, he's an emotional train wreck.


"Captain Comeback" has always been high strung.


Didn't he once punch out Jim Kelly of the Bills for something Kelly said on a talk show about him.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Jim Harbaugh
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:34 pm 
Offline
2016 Thursday Blog Writer
2016 Thursday Blog Writer

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6728
I'd trade the entire team, Ross, J-lo and the cheerleaders to land Harbaugh in Miami. Seriouly, Miami needs a guy with that kind of intensity.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Jim Harbaugh
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:03 pm 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 8341
Location: MA
NFLJunkie wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
Big Dave wrote:
The funny thing is that when he played quarterback he seemed very composed and even-keeled. Now, he's an emotional train wreck.


"Captain Comeback" has always been high strung.


Didn't he once punch out Jim Kelly of the Bills for something Kelly said on a talk show about him.


Other way around but I don't remember why Kelly punched.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Jim Harbaugh
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:25 pm 
Offline
2016 Thursday Blog Writer
2016 Thursday Blog Writer

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6728
http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-746436.html

Nope...I had it right.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Jim Harbaugh
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:39 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:29 am
Posts: 1017
I wanted him when he was available, he's a throwback style of coach and was a very aggressive and emotional player. I also felt Pete Carroll would have been a good fit here and boy did I ever take a beating on the other board.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Jim Harbaugh
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 602
NFLJunkie wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
Big Dave wrote:
The funny thing is that when he played quarterback he seemed very composed and even-keeled. Now, he's an emotional train wreck.


"Captain Comeback" has always been high strung.


Didn't he once punch out Jim Kelly of the Bills for something Kelly said on a talk show about him.


He punched out Jim Kelly? I love him already. :)


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Jim Harbaugh
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:06 pm 
Offline
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:45 am
Posts: 440
NFLJunkie wrote:
http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-746436.html

Nope...I had it right.

Kelly reportedly called Harbaugh a "baby" and said that Harbaugh "overdramatized" his injuries. …


so he was a drama queen back then as well.. lol


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r