Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:00 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Quote:
Coach Joe Philbin fought for Turner to get two years pay. ...

a cafeteria prank pulled on Martin that he said was the last straw. (Teammates got up and left the table as soon as he sat down.) Sources said the prank was so routine that players — including Martin — had done it to Philbin.

O’Neill, meanwhile, is being viewed as a scapegoat. The report said O’Neill laughed when Richie Incognito and fellow offensive lineman Mike Pouncey and John Jerry harassed assistant trainer Naohisa Inoue, who was born in Japan.

He gave the players Japanese-style head bands, which the report said they wore on Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day to taunt him. But sources said that Inoue gave them the head bands on the holiday, which wasn’t made clear in the Wells report. The report makes it seem like the players intentionally brought the head bands in on Pearl Harbor Day to harass the trainer.

- See more at: http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedaily ... PzJ7U.dpuf

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:10 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Quote:
several team and league sources told the Palm Beach Post that they believe the Ted Wells report was one-sided and dismissive of anyone who tried to support guard Richie Incognito.

- See more at: http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedaily ... Kr4V8.dpuf

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:23 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Personally I hope O'Neil has a court case against the Phins & is able to win a suit against these bunch of clowns

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:25 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
Personally I hope O'Neil has a court case against the Phins & is able to win a suit against these bunch of clowns

I do too.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:26 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

That was one of the worst investigations ever. He only kept one ear open.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:03 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Rock Sexton wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:

I do too.

Me too. I'd love to see him win a 7 figure award. The kind that would cause Ross some real pain.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:25 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I think this is the straw that broke the camel's back here.

Turner should have been fired after the Jets game for fielding one of the worst Offensive Lines in Miami Dolphins History...

Even if he wasnt the sole entity to blame... He is responsible for going through an entire season that did not let our rookie G/T see the field once (stunted development??)

He is responsible for not even trying to plug Watkins a former first rounder into the mix

He is responsible for allowing the Martin fiasco to get out of hand.

And in event, he is basically, single handedly responsible for getting his boss Mike Sherman fired (against the coaches will).

Now there are reports that Philbin went to Ross and PREVENTED Ross from firing Turner for cause!?!?!

Seriously?!?!?!

He convinced Ross to pay this guy for 2 more years, and allow him to be a scapegoat? Yea ok, I am officially done with the Joe Philbin error..... Maybe he should stop looking out for "his" guys, and start actually coaching a team.

There was a problem with the offense, FIX IT!! Call out Sherman, take over play calling, do something!! and don't whine over yourself quitting if you fire him.

Theres a problem with your O Line! FIX IT. Step in and figure out what to do. Dont wait til the scandal blows over (which it isnt) and make heads roll........ AND DONT NEGOITIATE THERE SETTLEMENT TO YOUR BOSS EITHER!!

Next thing you know, Kevin Coyle will get the axe for allowing 200 yards rushing yards against, and Philbin will find a way for Ross to buy him a private jet as a severence package....

Grow some balls, Act like a man, and make everyone accountable. As of right now, not one sub ordinate is accountable for their lack of coaching, and it's trickling down.

Ned Stark: "The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword!"

Exactly.... Philbin, grow a pair! Im Done

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:10 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

SkyHigh314 wrote:
Seriously?!?!?!

He convinced Ross to pay this guy for 2 more years, and allow him to be a scapegoat? Yea ok, I am officially done with the Joe Philbin error..... Maybe he should stop looking out for "his" guys, and start actually coaching a team.

There was a problem with the offense, FIX IT!! Call out Sherman, take over play calling, do something!! and don't whine over yourself quitting if you fire him.

I've GOT to find a good vomit smiley. I have a feeling we'll be using it a lot around here.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:46 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Yea this team finally broke me... My eternal optimism is officially gone, at least until Philbin leaves...

I will now watch Dolphins football games (religiously still), but now more like how Bills fans watch them.... with a shear satisfaction in humiliation...

No more trying to find the fault in a bad referee call..... now it will be more like "COME ON REF, J-MART WAS HOLDING HIS BALLS THE WHOLE PLAAAAAYYYY!!!"

No more "hoping" a pass interference call goes our way..... now it will be more like "Its cool to tackle Hartline before the ball gets to him.... its a contact sport anyways"

No more fist pumping for field goals to keep the game close enough for a last minute come back attempt..... now I'll be cheering for Sturgis to shank it.

No more defending Philbin's pretty darn good challenge record..... it'll be more like "#@&*#*&^% you Philbin, you just caused another commercial break and prolonged the misery"

This is gonna be a fun season..... don't worry. Sexy Rexy is gonna get fired on xmas day too so maybe the good ol NY owner can grab the Jets coach and we can really bottom out..... its not gonna get better til the bottom falls out so lets hope the sinking happens quicker and can alleve the dreaded wait

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ]