View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Dolphins want Monroe or Albert 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays

Post Dolphins want Monroe or Albert
Quote:
The Miami Herald reports the Dolphins "very much like" free agent LT Eugene Monroe, and plan to pursue him if he reaches the open market.
According to sources "briefed on the team’s thinking," the Dolphins would be happy with either Monroe or fellow free agent LT Branden Albert. It's an indication new GM Dennis Hickey plans to be far-more aggressive about upgrading Miami's pitiful offensive line than Jeff Ireland was. Ireland's 2013 line was a wing-and-a-prayer that turned into a waking nightmare. Albert is expected to reach free agency, but Monroe's odds of hitting the open market are murkier.

Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:07 am

Post Re: Dolphins want Monroe or Albert
Quote:
The Miami Herald reports Notre Dame G/T Zack Martin could be an option for the Dolphins at No. 19.
NFL Network draft guru/NBC Notre Dame football announcer Mike Mayock thinks Martin can play "all five (line) positions in the NFL." The Herald's Barry Jackson believes the Dolphins would be looking at Martin as a right tackle, and look to pair him with a free-agent left tackle. Martin — who stands in at 6-foot-4, 308 pounds with 32 7/8-inch arms — is projected as a guard more often than tackle, but Mayock rates him as the draft's No. 4 tackle.

Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:09 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I can't see Baltimore letting Monroe walk. They traded two picks for him and I believe they restructured some contracts to open up cap space for him and Pitta. Also seems like Cincy is intent on keeping Collins (I'm assuming Oakland has the space to lock up their guy). Probably comes down to overpaying Albert or rolling with McKinnie for another season and hoping someone develops behind him.

I could have sworn that last year there was so much more free agency chatter and rumors being thrown around. Its less than a week away and it seems that the discussion is kind of weak among the talking heads. There are some very intriguing names available.

Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:56 am
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

The thought of spending on free agents does not have the same effect on me anymore. Most seem to under perform from the previous team when they come here.

Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:29 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

That means that Albert is going to make out like a fat dog when free agency begins.

Quote:
According to sources "briefed on the team’s thinking," the Dolphins would be happy with either Monroe or fellow free agent LT Branden Albert. It's an indication new GM Dennis Hickey plans to be far-more aggressive about upgrading Miami's pitiful offensive line than Jeff Ireland was. Ireland's 2013 line was a wing-and-a-prayer that turned into a waking nightmare. Albert is expected to reach free agency, but Monroe's odds of hitting the open market are murkier.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5198/eugene-monroe

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:07 am
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

FINesse wrote:
The thought of spending on free agents does not have the same effect on me anymore. Most seem to under perform from the previous team when they come here.

Good point. If you are spending a ton on free agents it sort of implies that you stink at developing your own draft picks.

But sometimes you get a young free agent and it works out really well. Randy Starks is a great example and that is what I think Monroe could be as well. Not getting my hopes up that he makes it out of Baltimore.

A mediocre Albert is still an upgrade.

Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:12 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Monroe is the better all around lineman, but Albert is the better pass protector.

Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:27 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Albert is the better pass protector

This is what we need.

Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:56 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

RotoWorld wrote:
It's an indication new GM Dennis Hickey plans to be far-more aggressive about upgrading Miami's pitiful offensive line than Jeff Ireland was. Ireland's 2013 line was a wing-and-a-prayer that turned into a waking nightmare.

I never understand how GMs think. You are only strongest at your point of attack, and that means that you put together a great OL and a great DL. You also need a very good quarterback. That is the first things that need to be done. Work your way back. Don Shula seemed to have that as his plan for any kind of success.

Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:33 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Rich wrote:
Monroe is the better all around lineman, but Albert is the better pass protector.

Also from Barry Jackson yesterday:

Barry Jackson wrote:
Monroe, at 26, is three years younger than Albert but likely will be more expensive. So who’s better of the two?

According to Pro Football Focus, Monroe ranked 12th among 75 qualifying tackles last season, Albert 28th. Albert is excellent in pass protection, allowing only four sacks in 555 pass blocking opportunities last season. He graded out negatively as a run blocker the past two seasons but “hasn’t been terrible” in that area, PFF said. Questions about durability have been raised; Albert missed three games in 2012 and four in 2013.

According to PFF, Monroe allowed five sacks in 656 pass blocking opportunities in 2013 --- four in his 11 games with Baltimore, one in four games with Jacksonville.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-b ... rylink=cpy

Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:02 am
Profile WWW

Makchell wrote:
Albert is the better pass protector

This is what we need.

Maybe, but Monroe is also younger and seems less injury prone and our running game was terrible last year.

Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:07 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Man I hate the idea of having to unload huge contracts on free agents all the time. You don't see the good teams doing this. What happens when Tannehill develops, and becomes a free agent himself? No doubt he'll be needing a huge contract. That would be way too many players on the same roster with mega contracts IMO. This formula will not last throughout the years on route to building a championship team (it sounds funny mixing Miami and championship together in the same sentence).

Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:22 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Man I hate the idea of having to unload huge contracts on free agents all the time. You don't see the good teams doing this. What happens when Tannehill develops, and becomes a free agent himself? No doubt he'll be needing a huge contract. That would be way too many players on the same roster with mega contracts IMO. This formula will not last throughout the years on route to building a championship team (it sounds funny mixing Miami and championship together in the same sentence).

Its not bad to have some free agents and grabbing a young guy is smart. Fortunately for Miami they can get out of a lot those contracts signed over the last couple of years.

I'm pretty certain every big contract signed last year can basically be off the books without penalty after the 2015 season.

Like it or not, Miami has to spend free agent money on at least 2 OL spots. You don't want to field a line of rookies and depth players (Brenner, Garner, maybe Thomas).

I have to wonder if Miami is really going hard after Monroe and floating this info to prevent his agent from simply re-signing in Baltimore. Its a risk because you then have to really show him the money. With word that Soliai may now be ready to move on maybe they figure they can throw more money at a LT. Who knows.

Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:19 pm

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
You don't see the good teams doing this.

Simply not true.

How did the Broncos acquire Peyton Manning and Wes Welker? It wasn't via the draft.

Same with Seattle going after Percy Harvin. They gave up picks and signed him to a huge deal.

Those are just the Superbowl teams. I'm sure if you look around the playoff teams, you can probably find other instances of teams signing free agents to big deals or trading for players and then signing them to big deals.

Also, our cap situation is on very solid ground for years to come and there is plenty of flexibility since we keep rolling over cap space.

Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:43 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rich wrote:

Simply not true.

How did the Broncos acquire Peyton Manning and Wes Welker? It wasn't via the draft.

Same with Seattle going after Percy Harvin. They gave up picks and signed him to a huge deal.

Those are just the Superbowl teams. I'm sure if you look around the playoff teams, you can probably find other instances of teams signing free agents to big deals or trading for players and then signing them to big deals.

Also, our cap situation is on very solid ground for years to come and there is plenty of flexibility since we keep rolling over cap space.

From a standpoint of it actually making the difference, Seattle acquiring Harvin is completely invalid. There is no debate that Harvin makes them better, but he was not anything close to the reason they won it all.

On the Broncos...you're comparing an all time great QB as a free agent pick up, to offensive linemen like Monroe/Albert, and Mike Wallace. I don't think anyone would have an issue paying Peyton Manning in free agency, however mega contracts from players like Wallace, and a possible $50m tackle on the same team doesn't appeal to me from a cap standpoint.

I know we are good money wise now, but what happens when players like Tannehill, Vernon, and other homegrown players demand a pay day after their rookie deals on top of Wallace and a possible contract with albert? A team that we can be compared to from a free agency stand point is the Bucs. We have been working the free agent market very similarly to them, and have nothing to show for it yet. I'm not as down on the outcome of the 2014 Dolphins like most are, but this team seriously needs to start hitting on OTs in the draft. It's been a disaster.

Last edited by AFCMiamiEast on Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:55 pm

Hopefully Hickey changes all of this moving forward and he hits on more picks than Ireland did. He seems to be pretty good drafting defense.

Gerald McCoy
Lavonte David
Mark Barron
Mason Foster

and linemen too:
Donald Penn
Davin Joseph
Jer. Zuttah

Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:56 pm

Geoff Schwarz is available at guard too. In case we miss on tackles in free agency. Sign Schwarz and draft Martin and Mewhort.

Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:05 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
I know we are good money wise now, but what happens when players like Tannehill, Vernon, and other homegrown players demand a pay day after their rookie deals on top of Wallace and a possible contract with albert? A team that we can be compared to from a free agency stand point is the Bucs. We have been working the free agent market very similarly to them, and have nothing to show for it yet. I'm not as down on the outcome of the 2014 Dolphins like most are, but this team seriously needs to start hitting on OTs in the draft. It's been a disaster.

But that is the beauty of the escape hatch. If the homegrown talent is valid then you get out of these FA deals after next year (when you would need to start re-signing the 2012 talent).

Miami can easily carry the contracts of Tannehill (IF he pans out), Wallace and Albert - which are the premium positions - and fill the a lot of the other spots with cheaper labor. Hartline, Gibson, Ellerbe, Wheeler, Misi...you can purge those contracts if needed. I think Gibson, Wheeler and Misi are as good as gone after 2014.

You're overall point that Miami needs to draft and develop better is 100% correct.

Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:16 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

jammer wrote:
I think Gibson, Wheeler and Misi are as good as gone after 2014.

Gibson is someone I'll be paying attention to closely this season. He definitely exceeded expectations in 2013, he was on track for a career year prior to the injury. I hope he makes a case for himself this season to be a solid piece in our future plans for the offense. He's a solid #3 guy outside of the few crucial drops he had.

Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:24 pm

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
From a standpoint of it actually making the difference, Seattle acquiring Harvin is completely invalid. There is no debate that Harvin makes them better, but he was not anything close to the reason they won it all.

On the Broncos...you're comparing an all time great QB as a free agent pick up, to offensive linemen like Monroe/Albert, and Mike Wallace. I don't think anyone would have an issue paying Peyton Manning in free agency, however mega contracts from players like Wallace, and a possible $50m tackle on the same team doesn't appeal to me from a cap standpoint.

You said the good teams don't spend big in free agency. That's the point I am arguing. You're simply wrong on this comment. Whether Harvin had little impact or Peyton Manning is an all-time great is irrelevant.

The good teams use all of the tools at their disposal to build and maintain their teams and many times that involves paying big bucks to proven commodities in free agency.

This team needs at least FOUR offensive linemen to have a successful running game and keep our QB upright.

You're not going to find FOUR offensive linemen by simply drafting or by getting lucky with a cheap free agents. At least one or two of those offensive linemen is going to cost big bucks and be the main building block of the offensive line. Your best best is to throw that money at left tackle and get a proven player.

All of the other needs on this team are not as pressing, can be addressed via the draft or in the 2nd wave of free agency.

At least one offensive line position is going to demand big bucks if this team is going to improve.

As for Wallace's impact on our cap situation, his cap number this season is $17 milion and we're still $30+ million under the cap. Guess what? His cap number goes down after 2014.

The Dolphins strategically decided to take the largest chunk of cap hit this year knowing they would roll over a good amount and have a good amount under the cap.

Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:49 pm

jammer wrote:
=You're overall point that Miami needs to draft and develop better is 100% correct.

Miami has done fine at drafting. I've documented Ireland's better than average success rate, especially from 2010 to 2012. Look at all of the players he picked, specifically in the mid to late rounds that are panning out from Charles Clay to Olivier Vernon to Brian Hartline.

Miami has done poorly at coaching and quite frankly at player development in more than a few cases.

It is no secret with the number of players that are good elsewhere and come here to suck, or suck here and go elsewhere to do well, that there is a fundamental problem with player development and schematics in the Miami coaching staff. They simply don't know how to develop and use talent on a consistent basis.

Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:53 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rich wrote:
jammer wrote:
=You're overall point that Miami needs to draft and develop better is 100% correct.

Miami has done fine at drafting. I've documented Ireland's better than average success rate, especially from 2010 to 2012. Look at all of the players he picked, specifically in the mid to late rounds that are panning out from Charles Clay to Olivier Vernon to Brian Hartline.

Miami has done poorly at coaching and quite frankly at player development in more than a few cases.

It is no secret with the number of players that are good elsewhere and come here to suck, or suck here and go elsewhere to do well, that there is a fundamental problem with player development and schematics in the Miami coaching staff. They simply don't know how to develop and use talent on a consistent basis.

Jammer and I were strictly talking about the offensive line. Which he was piss poor in evaluating.

Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:16 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rich wrote:

That was my point. They definitely drafted some good guys but had trouble developing them or putting them in position to win. Rather than find a way they jettison the guy.

Even acquiring some veterans (Marshall, Bush, Dansby) should have panned out for Ireland. Coach was just too stubborn.

Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:21 pm

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Jammer and I were strictly talking about the offensive line. Which he was piss poor in evaluating.

The original post I responded to from you had nothing to do with jammer, so let's make sure we keep that separate. I also did not realize that Tannehill, Gibson and Wallace were offensive linemen... so I don't know what you mean by "strictly".

He drafted two Pro Bowl offensive linemen in Jake Long and Mike Pouncey.

He also acquired a Pro Bowl left guard in Richie Incognito.

He has a mixed record in drafting/acquiring offensive linemen, not a piss poor one. That's an exaggeration.

Also, when you take players in the later rounds, it is usually because they are going to need development at the next level to succeed, guys like John Jerry and Dallas Thomas.

Lastly, Ireland is not the one who decided to bring a zone blocking scheme to a team full of linemen better suited for a man blocking scheme.

It is this coaching staff that continues attempting to fit a square peg into a round hole.

Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:45 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rich wrote:
The original post I responded to from you had nothing to do with jammer, so let's make sure we keep that separate. I also did not realize that Tannehill, Gibson and Wallace were offensive linemen... so I don't know what you mean by "strictly".

He drafted two Pro Bowl offensive linemen in Jake Long and Mike Pouncey.

He also acquired a Pro Bowl left guard in Richie Incognito.

He has a mixed record in drafting/acquiring offensive linemen, not a piss poor one. That's an exaggeration.

Guy...Jammer said that he agreed 100% that his drafting in regards to offensive linemen has been less than acceptable. IDGAF about you wanting to put words in my mouth, because that one sentence you are talking about, was a discussion about no other position than OL in the draft. If you want to go ahead and defend mediocrity, go for it, don't stop believing Rich!

Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:53 pm

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Guy...Jammer said that he agreed 100% that his drafting in regards to offensive linemen has been less than acceptable. IDGAF about you wanting to put words in my mouth, because that one sentence you are talking about, was a discussion about no other position than OL in the draft. If you want to go ahead and defend mediocrity, go for it, don't stop believing Rich!

Gal... while you're busy apparently having your own conversation, show me where jammer said that when he just finished agreeing with me with this comment:

Quote:
That was my point. They definitely drafted some good guys but had trouble developing them or putting them in position to win. Rather than find a way they jettison the guy.

:haha

Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:48 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I'm watching the Big Lebowski and drinking a fine craft beer as I type this so the pacificst Dude in me says no worries boys.

Ireland is just a hard guy to judge. He definitely brought in talent that was not coached up well. He struggled mightily on the o-line but again I wonder how much of that was bad coaching? He also signed guys like Justin Smiley, Jake Grove and Marc Colombo...some bad contracts.

Right now I blame Philbin more than Ireland because if you kept the 2011 offense for Tannehill then I think this is a playoff team.

Back to the topic, I still say sign a free agent LT. You aren't going to find an elite draft pick to trust from Day 1. Maybe a mid round guy steps up but using that approach puts Miami right back to last summer with a big question mark protecting your hopeful franchise QB.

Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:27 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rich wrote:
Gal.

Fail.

Quote:
show me where jammer said that when he just finished agreeing with me with this comment:

It obviously all went right over your head, you clearly have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about. Surprise, surprise.

Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:53 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

drinking a fine craft beer

What kind?

Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:57 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Makchell wrote:
drinking a fine craft beer

What kind?

Its an IPL called Mass Rising from a brewery here in MA called Jack's Abby. Excellent stuff.

http://jacksabbybrewing.com/beer.php

Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:15 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

This article isn't saying anything mind-blowing. Everybody knows the Dolphins want to find a franchise left tackle, and going after someone who is already proven would take a lot of pressure off of the team to get somebody in the draft. Personally, I'd love to see the Dolphins sign either Monroe or Albert, trade back in the 1st round to add another high pick (likely a late 2nd or 3rd), and then draft Morgan Moses. Monroe and Albert are both former Virginia tackles. So is Moses. I think that whoever we signed would take Moses under his wing and teach him how to be successful at the next level. Then we'd have bookend tackles. Then we would have three picks in the 2nd and 3rd round to look for another offensive lineman (preferrably Gabe Jackson), a defensive tackle, and either a runningback, safety, or tightend.

Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:48 am

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Rich wrote:
Gal.

Fail.

Oh, thanks for correcting me. I'll call you Fail instead.

Quote:
It obviously all went right over your head, you clearly have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about. Surprise, surprise.

So what you're really saying is you can't show me. Got it.

Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:18 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Really ? More bantering back and forth over nothing?

Get over it guys, move on.

Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:27 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rich wrote:
Quote:

So what you're really saying is you can't show me. Got it.

Okay, I'll put it all into a 3rd perspective for you. Maybe, maybe this one won't swoop by you with actual quotes right in front of you:

Quote:
I'm not as down on the outcome of the 2014 Dolphins like most are, but this team seriously needs to start hitting on OTs in the draft. It's been a disaster.

Jammer responded to that individual sentence, with this:

Quote:
You're overall point that Miami needs to draft and develop (OTs) better is 100% correct.

Hopefully the third time is the charm, it's fun and exciting to view things from different perspectives. It may prove to be necessary at times too.

In regards to Ireland being a bust of a talent evaluator of OL prospects, the fact that the guy just got canned for the EXACT reason of engineering the worst OL in the history of a 50 year franchise should tell you enough. However, since you like to argue just for the sake of arguing (even when you know you're wrong xD), why would we only have Pouncey left?

It took him the 15th overall pick in the draft to hit on the guy, so I don't think he deserves a statue outside of SunLife for that alone. His free agent OT signings have been hilariously dreadful throughout his 6 years. You know you are the next Bill Polian when the cream of your OT free agent crop is Bryant McKinney. Oh, and let's not forget that he was the mastermind of mixing Martin and Incognito's personalities together. That was definitely a good time.

:)

Last edited by AFCMiamiEast on Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:02 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

IamPZ wrote:

Does it really surprise you anymore?

:)

Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:03 am

IamPZ wrote:

Only one person appears to be able to do that.

I'll apologize for the other guy not being able to respect the mod's request.

Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:28 am

Quote:
The Baltimore Sun reports the Ravens are engaged in "active talks" with free agents Eugene Monroe and Dennis Pitta, but that no deals are imminent.
According to reporter Aaron Wilson, the Ravens have "work to do on both to get something done." Whether it's via a new deal or the franchise tag, Pitta is fully expected to remain in Baltimore. It's Monroe's status that's hazy. The Ravens freed up $4.95 million in cap space by releasing Jameel McClain and Vonta Leach on Thursday. Monroe, who turns 27 in April, has said he isn't interested in giving the Ravens a hometown discount. The Dolphins would reportedly be interested if he hits the open market.

Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:18 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rich wrote:

Lastly, Ireland is not the one who decided to bring a zone blocking scheme to a team full of linemen better suited for a man blocking scheme.

It is this coaching staff that continues attempting to fit a square peg into a round hole.

I agree with you 100% Rich. The change to zone blocking without having the right kind of players to execute that type of scheme doesn't get enough blame for the poor play of the o-line. The only thing I would add is Ireland really put all his hope in Martin being the solution at LT.

Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:10 am

bobby0112 wrote:
Rich wrote:

I agree with you 100% Rich. The change to zone blocking without having the right kind of players to execute that type of scheme doesn't get enough blame for the poor play of the o-line. The only thing I would add is Ireland really put all his hope in Martin being the solution at LT.

Yes, that was a risky move. I said it all the time before the season... he was terrible at right tackle and even worse at left tackle his rookie season... so why would he all of a sudden be great at left tackle his second year?

Things may have been different if we ponied up for Brandon Albert.

But I can put some blame on the coaching staff for this as well.

According to the Wells Report and other sources, Joe Philbin was aware of Martin's emotional issues as early as May of 2013 but never followed up. If you're aware that an employee/player is having emotional issues, you have to consider that this will interfere with his performance/ability to do his job.

What are you doing to address it, whether having a plan B or providing that employee/player with the support he needs to get beyond his issues, get beyond the distractions and maximize his potential?

Philbin failed in this regard.

Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:39 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

swerve13 wrote:
Quote:
The Baltimore Sun reports the Ravens are engaged in "active talks" with free agents Eugene Monroe and Dennis Pitta, but that no deals are imminent.
According to reporter Aaron Wilson, the Ravens have "work to do on both to get something done." Whether it's via a new deal or the franchise tag, Pitta is fully expected to remain in Baltimore. It's Monroe's status that's hazy. The Ravens freed up $4.95 million in cap space by releasing Jameel McClain and Vonta Leach on Thursday. Monroe, who turns 27 in April, has said he isn't interested in giving the Ravens a hometown discount. The Dolphins would reportedly be interested if he hits the open market.

I'm willing to bet reps from a few teams got info to Monroe's agent that he'll get a serious payday if he tests FA. Would Miami be willing to make him close to the highest paid LT in the NFL? Their approach could certainly be invest everything you can to get Monroe and Grimes, fill the other gaps with free agent bargains and draft picks.

Can't teams start negotiating this weekend with free agents?

Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next