View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ] 
 Philbin declines to endorse Tannehill 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Philbin declines to endorse Tannehill
Quote:
Speaking at Monday's presser, Dolphins coach Joe Philbin was evasive when asked if he's considered benching Ryan Tannehill.
Philbin left the door ajar for Matt Moore to start against the Raiders in Week 4. "We're going to choose the 46 guys we think can help us win a football game, and we'll go from there," Philbin said. We'd be surprised if the Dolphins decided to pull the plug on their supposed franchise quarterback this quickly, but there's no question he's been one of the league's worst signal callers through the season's first three weeks. Tannehill utterly failed to take advantage of a plus matchup on Sunday, and is sporting a 5.03 YPA through 124 attempts. The heat is going to keep building if he doesn't show meaningful progress this week. Tannehill is officially at risk of an in-game benching.

Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:13 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Post Re: Philbin declines to endorse Tannehill
Whatever Joe!

You (& Sherman & Lazor) are the ones who put him in this situation by asking him to pass way more than hes ready for, while simultaneously adding further pressure by avoiding the run game.

Matt Moore has a similar skill set imo. & he has experience, leadership, & energy. He's not the answer to the teams future but if he can connect deep with Wallace . . . well . .

Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:53 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Great tweet about coaches and QBs - its not a coincidence that Luck acts like Pagano and Wilson acts like Carroll.

Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:00 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

And now the snowball is rolling and building...

Mortenson reports that opinions of Tannehill inside the organization are split.

Schefter says some had reservations about him going into the year.

Man, talk about a floodgate.

Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:15 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

jammer wrote:
And now the snowball is rolling and building...

Mortenson reports that opinions of Tannehill inside the organization are split.

Schefter says some had reservations about him going into the year.

Man, talk about a floodgate.

Those guys are clowns.

But they aren't reporting anything we haven't known to this point. Everyone already said this year either Tannehill takes over or the Phins start over. He proves hes a franchise QB or hes gone. Simple as that

Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:25 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Ryan Tannehill will start (barring injury) against the Oakland Raiders, without a doubt in my mind.

I lost freakin count of how many tipped passes there were.

Dallas Thomas.... :hithead:

Our LB play :hithead: (Even Jenkins who played good was out of position multiple times and gave up plays to their RB's

VERY VERY bad tackling.

Let's not forget the "Miami Bench" was called for a penalty when we had them backed up way deep.

Tannehill was accurate in the first half, and then had some bad decision making in the 2nd. Really bad.

The run to pass ratio is garbage. But...on 4th and 1 Miller did what he did best and fell before the LOS. That's really all the bad for Miller this week, though.

I understand D. Williams isn't the best pass blocker, but we ran the ball with him 1 time for -3 yards and he returned 1 kick. Daniel Thomas played well off screen passes...but WTF...why did he get used more than the guy we kept over him?

Why are we so bad in the first half? I mean...stupid things just keep happening. We NEED points early. Our D may not stop them every drive, but it makes everything harder when there is a fat ol' 0 throughout the whole first half 2 weeks in a row.

We had turnovers this week....and still couldn't get it done. No rhythm at all on offense. AT ALL. Dropped passes after 3 and outs after missed field goals. What is it going to take to get this crap fixed?

The Chiefs? Seriously? The freaking Chiefs made us look like a high school football team. What in the F*** is going on?

Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:42 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

What I find funny is that I think both Tannehill and Moore could probably go to other teams and find success. Neither may be franchise caliber QBs, but both are good enough to bring a good team to the playoffs based on their talent.

I don't think Philbin would be a successful coach with any team. He's probably a fine assistant for the purpose of being organized. But no way do I see him coaching another team after this stint.

Unless this "controversy" lights a fire in Tannehill and allows him to play loose I just don't see good things coming for this team.

Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:51 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

The only thing missing here is Tannehill accusing Moore of bullying him. This organization is an embarrassment to everyone.

Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:04 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I saw Jay Fiedler warming up in the stands Sunday.

Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:06 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Has Chad Pennington been working out? If he's healthy sign Sunshine back. Funny I know, but we lose to Oakland that won't look so funny anymore!! :haha

Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:07 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Behind this line, Moore would die. At least Tannehill has some speed.

Go ahead, start Moore. Then these kids will understand what a bad QB he is.

FYI, 15 FUMBLES!!

Tannehill has 2 int this year, Moore will have that in a quarter.

Start him, so I can shut the know nothing fools up once and for all.

The grass is ALWAYS greener.

Moore sucks. Worse.

Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:00 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Im excited for the opportunity to watch Moore as our starter just so I can post over and over how much he sucks and point out every little mistake he makes and blame him for others mistakes too

D1

Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:18 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

FYI, 15 FUMBLES!!

RT has 20 fumbles in his short 3 year career.

Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:21 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

swerve13 wrote:
Im excited for the opportunity to watch Moore as our starter just so I can post over and over how much he sucks and point out every little mistake he makes and blame him for others mistakes too

D1

:yay:

Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:34 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

dolphinjim wrote:
Behind this line, Moore would die. At least Tannehill has some speed.

Go ahead, start Moore. Then these kids will understand what a bad QB he is.

FYI, 15 FUMBLES!!

Tannehill has 2 int this year, Moore will have that in a quarter.

Start him, so I can shut the know nothing fools up once and for all.

The grass is ALWAYS greener.

Moore sucks. Worse.

Normally I'd write out a coherent response to your drivel, but seriously shut your mouth. You would be the guy to get upset if the offense suddenly has a spark lit under its butt and suddenly the team competes. You're incapable of being happy about that because your allegiances and reason for wanting the team to succeed are twisted.

We've got nothing to lose at this point after 35 games in with Tannehill. This franchise is not just a sports team, it's a business and they're in the business of winning games. They've got a new stadium on the way and they cannot afford for this crap to continue anymore or to "tank if Tanny isn't the QB".

Last edited by Rock Sexton on Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:12 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:

D1

You did that already when he was thrust into a game vs. Buffalo under the most abhorrent game conditions, both weather and otherwise and when he was winning games for us back in 2011. Just more par for the course.

Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:13 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:
they cannot afford for this crap to continue anymore or to "tank if Tanny isn't the QB".

Its weird because this season may come down to deciding between Philbin and Tannehill. Does Ross can Philbin at some point and devote the season to seeing if Tannehill can progress? Does he allow Philbin to bench Tannehill in a desperate attempt to save his job?

Personally I think it would be better to see if Tannehill and Lazor can unlock Tannehill's potential. And a lot that has to do with my lack of faith in Philbin. Maybe having Lazor, even if inexperienced, replace Philbin then the team could adopt his personality.

I don't know what the right answer is.

Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:27 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

jammer wrote:
Its weird because this season may come down to deciding between Philbin and Tannehill. Does Ross can Philbin at some point and devote the season to seeing if Tannehill can progress? Does he allow Philbin to bench Tannehill in a desperate attempt to save his job?

I'm sure there is a coach out there somewhere, but coaches on the hot seat are there for a reason. I do not believe they do anything to save their jobs.

If an owner is thinking about firing a coach, then he probably should go ahead & do it.

Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:36 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

if Tannehill and Lazor can unlock Tannehill's potential

I'd like to see this, but at the same time, I'm pissed for drafting a QB in the last few drafts. Redskins and Eagles are looking pretty good right now.

Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:45 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Makchell wrote:
I'd like to see this, but at the same time, I'm pissed for drafting a QB in the last few drafts. Redskins and Eagles are looking pretty good right now.

Miami can trade for RG III. :yay:

Last edited by Dphins4me on Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:50 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

lol

Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:55 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Makchell wrote:
if Tannehill and Lazor can unlock Tannehill's potential

I don't know enough about the guy but Omar Kelly was banging the drum for Miami to get Aaron Murray. Argument was that he fit Lazor's offense.

I asked about Connor Cook in the college forum. Kind of a hard time to evaluate college QBs this early in the season.

I don't think its a question of "can" with Tannehill. We've seen him play very well. Its a question of "when". When will he turn those flashes into consistency.

Still seems like they aren't playing to his strengths ie rolling him out, using quick slants, etc.

Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:00 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

The dolphins organization thinks a lot like ppl here hat its one mans fault for losing. It takes a village for a qb. Ireland was never willing to provide that village. So many missed picks in the draft. Add that to inconsistency at coach and qb and this franchise just keeps staying the same. Its philbins fault, coyle, tannehill, fields, wake...all of them. The coaches havent coached, the leaders havent led the players havent played well. Stop pointing fingers and just do your joba s well as you can and play for each other. Why dont do they that? It goes back to the culture that every new coach has tried to establish with no help. I say if hartline doesnt want to be yelled at by philbin, then dont get a crucial penalty. If he wants to pout about things, bench him. If receievers drop passes, bench them. Tannehill for gods sake scream at them. No one wants to be accountable. Someone step up!

Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:27 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Well now I just read Ian Rappaport saying the possible benching is not a motivational ploy. If this is the case then just make the change. Why beat around the bush and create more drama?

Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:47 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rock Sexton wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

D1

You did that already when he was thrust into a game vs. Buffalo under the most abhorrent game conditions, both weather and otherwise and when he was winning games for us back in 2011. Just more par for the course.

Show me where I did this. You like to put words in my mouth to support you anti Tannehill agenda.

Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:04 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

jammer wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
they cannot afford for this crap to continue anymore or to "tank if Tanny isn't the QB".

Personally I think it would be better to see if Tannehill and Lazor can unlock Tannehill's potential. And a lot that has to do with my lack of faith in Philbin. Maybe having Lazor, even if inexperienced, replace Philbin then the team could adopt his personality.

I don't know what the right answer is.

Its the best option we have left.

Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:06 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I,m not married to Tannehill as our starter, regardless of what some think here. But i want to see him play out the year, and if he cant lead this team then I want Ross and Hickey to do what it takes to get Connor Cook in the draft. I dont want Jameis or Hundley or Mariotta. Cook is the true pro caliber passer. I see some Andrew Luck/Matt Ryan in his game.

Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:11 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

We haven'T had a good coach since the 90's

Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:13 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:

Saban is a good coach, but he was a greedy traitor.

I sure miss the Shula era......

Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:40 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:20 pm

Lol

Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:44 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

Saban is a good coach, but he was a greedy traitor.

I sure miss the Shula era......

He sucked here. Jason Allen? Manny Wright?

Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:47 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

swerve13 wrote:

D1

This made me want to throw up from laughter.

Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:54 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Getting tired of changing my sig....

Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:08 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

swerve13 wrote:

D1

@HaHa and particularly swerve13 - why would you try to impersonate me and post something I did not write...?

Just to be clear and on the record, I want Tannehill to do well and I'm old school, if I feel a player is struggling or the team needs a spark, sit him down and see what the other player can do, so we all can learn.

The real d-1.

Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:30 am
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Suddenly the QB having a hot wife is not enough?

Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:33 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

That's ok. I don't endorse Philben either ... and Tannehill has shown me more than Philben. Can we bench him?

Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:57 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]