View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Joe Webb 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Joe Webb
This is a player I would like to see Miami sign on a lets see what you have. Never did anything in Minn, because for some reason when they drafted him they had him playing Qb instead putting the 6'4" player at Wr. and working him there. They wasted the first 2 to 3 yrs of his career trying to make him a Qb.

He is a pure shot in the dark player, but at 6"4" 220 with freakish athletic ability what do they have to lose?

Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:14 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Joe Webb
They had him at WR and moved him back to QB because he couldn't run routes. Kind of a problem when you're a WR. Has speed, athletic ability, but is a one-route guy at this point.

Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:30 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

MNDolfan wrote:
They had him at WR and moved him back to QB because he couldn't run routes. Kind of a problem when you're a WR. Has speed, athletic ability, but is a one-route guy at this point.

Recall the move differently.

Quote:
On April 24, 2010, Webb was drafted by the Minnesota Vikings, 199th overall in the sixth round of the 2010 NFL Draft. He was originally drafted as a wide receiver prospect, but then head coach Brad Childress announced that Webb would exclusively play quarterback for the Minnesota Vikings.

With the right coaching who knows. You cannot teach 6'4" 220 with freakish athletic ability.

Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:37 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Your "account" of what happened is exactly what I said. They drafted him to be a WR and then they moved him back to QB.

The reason they did it is because the guy is not a fluid route-runner. The Vikings have perhaps the best receivers coach in the league in George Stewart, so if he can't get the best of of him, I doubt our nincompoop coach can.

Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:52 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

MNDolfan wrote:
Your "account" of what happened is exactly what I said. They drafted him to be a WR and then they moved him back to QB.

The reason they did it is because the guy is not a fluid route-runner. The Vikings have perhaps the best receivers coach in the league in George Stewart, so if he can't get the best of of him, I doubt our nincompoop coach can.

Well George Stewart didnt get the most out of many wrs with the Vikings recent track record

Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:15 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

ag_fin_90 wrote:
Well George Stewart didnt get the most out of many wrs with the Vikings recent track record

Thanks, thought I was missing something on him being one of the best.

Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:16 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

MNDolfan wrote:
Childress wanted him to play QB & made that call quickly, soon after the draft. Not after watching him run routes in training camp.

MNDolfan wrote:
Not sure how he is gauged as one of the best.

Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:19 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Dphins4me wrote:
ag_fin_90 wrote:

Thanks, thought I was missing something on him being one of the best.

Cordarrelle Patterson was pretty good last year. Sidney Rice got pretty good, left and was very average. Back in the day, Terrell Owens became a Pro Bowler under his guidance.

Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:49 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

MNDolfan wrote:
Cordarrelle Patterson was pretty good last year.

On Special teams. Regardless he was their 1st Rd. pick. Fully will admit he has done wonders with highly drafted players like Patterson & Harvin.

MNDolfan wrote:
Sidney Rice got pretty good, left and was very average.

One yr wonder in '09. Was pretty avg outside that one yr, even in Minn before he left.

MNDolfan wrote:
Back in the day, Terrell Owens became a Pro Bowler under his guidance.

Back in the day many coaches were outstanding coach. Its almost been 20 yrs since Owens was drafted.

Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:03 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

MNDolfan wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:
ag_fin_90 wrote:

Cordarrelle Patterson was pretty good last year. Sidney Rice got pretty good, left and was very average. Back in the day, Terrell Owens became a Pro Bowler under his guidance.

Patterson was a pretty good return man but had just 45 catches for 469 yards. He was a first round pick on a bummy butt receiving core. Sidney Rice had Brett Farve in his last great year and AP taking all the pressure away and TO was just a beast

Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:08 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

ag_fin_90 wrote:
MNDolfan wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:

Patterson was a pretty good return man but had just 45 catches for 469 yards. He was a first round pick on a bummy butt receiving core. Sidney Rice had Brett Farve in his last great year and AP taking all the pressure away and TO was just a beast

OK, well, whatever. Feel free to argue for arguments sake. The guy is well-respected within coaching circles and I know he is because, A) I've talked to coaches about him, and B) He's remained a part of several different coaching staffs under three different head coaches in Minnesota.

Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:42 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Cordarrelle Patterson was pretty good last year. Sidney Rice got pretty good, left and was very average. Back in the day, Terrell Owens became a Pro Bowler under his guidance.[/quote][/quote]

OK, well, whatever. Feel free to argue for arguments sake. The guy is well-respected within coaching circles and I know he is because, A) I've talked to coaches about him, and B) He's remained a part of several different coaching staffs under three different head coaches in Minnesota.[/quote]
Ijs that Jarius Wright, Greg Childs and another wr they drafted suck even now on the team and Greg Jennings looks done. You can build him up but lets be real Nate Burelson and Sidney for a year were the only ones that I can remember to flourish in Minn. If you can name more then be my guest

Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]