Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:45 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Quote:
Dan Marino on Monday confirmed interest in working for the Dolphins and said Pittsburgh is the only other team he would work for. A friend of Marino said a job on the Dolphins’ football side appeals to him, and meeting with free agents could be one element.

But the question is how much, if any, road work and scouting Marino would be willing to do. And if he’s expecting final say on personnel, that’s not going to happen. As noted in this space Sunday, owner Stephen Ross said he plans to talk to him.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-b ... notes.html

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:25 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

I'd prefer Marino simply be over football operations. The hiring & firing of GM & HC & putting some football knowledge between the them & Ross.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:17 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I read this a couple of days ago. It would be a shame that we cannot get him involved in some aspect with the team he loves.

Barry Jackson wrote:
### Dolphins owner Stephen Ross said he will talk to Dan Marino about a potential job within the organization. But he said he has “no idea” what it might be.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-b ... rylink=cpy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:23 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Dphins4me wrote:
I'd prefer Marino simply be over football operations. The hiring & firing of GM & HC & putting some football knowledge between the them & Ross.

I agree, but I think it would have to be strategic and gradual. I don't think you bring him in today and put him in charge of everything. I think you build it up over the next season or two depending on the results.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:12 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

A great QB a great leader of the off.. but in change of HC and GM? not sure that is a great idea...

maybe he would be great! maybe not.. start small and lets see what he has when it comes to running the entire team.. Just because Elway is doing well don't mean Dan will....

hell Sanders is a great TV guy!! Dan not so great (sorry guys)

and the bloopers.. always on him freaking out when he got a line wrong... that temper is prob what got him fired... not sure how that would work out with a gm and coach... and all the other people under them...

I loved watching Dan play! he is why i became a phins fan.. amazing QB! best ever IMO..
but i think in bringing him in.. little steps..

I also remember that he was offered the job and took it just to walk away for a TV deal....(Not an attack) but ya it bugs me that we are good enough now.. after he got fired... no way we need another 2-3 year guy running the show just to run off when things go wrong.. Just my thoughts..

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:16 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Start him off in public relations and/or an apprenticeship in mgt. Or he can be a mailroom guy and work his way up...lol

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:50 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Don Shula is still a Vice Chairman for the Dolphins. I'm sure if Ross and the staff feel having Marino around would help the team they can find a title for him.

Dphins4me wrote:

I like that idea as well. Get him in, let him get some experience and see where it goes... We have a staff and GM, so not like he needs to do much at this point. See where the team goes with the changes, and if things arent where Ross wants them to be, let Marino be a part of the next change.

I would imagine if Marino is looking to hire a new HC/GM the hiring pool would be better than if it was Ross and Aponte doing it...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:39 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

No one should be concerned about Dan jumping into a role atop the 'Fins front office hierarchy. It's simply not going to happen, very possible that he comes in and plays his role, and earns a spot up there like Elway though. Excellence on the field doesn't automatically translate to excelling in a front office role. I'd love the idea of bringing him in though, definitely would make this a more appealing venue to free agents.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:01 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I'd hate to see Dan come to the Dolphins.
If he even made one mistake, the fans would be getting a rope to hang him with.
I love Dan but I would hate to see him come here.
Especially with the front office we have.
I wish him luck in what ever he does.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:12 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I don't care if his job is to take pictures with season ticket holders and sit up in a box with the owner during games. Sign the man and bring him back to the Dolphins organization. It's where he belongs.

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]