View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Morgan Moses rising 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Re: Morgan Moses rising
Rich wrote:
ag_fin_90 wrote:
I've read him for a while and yes he's wrong at times and then he corrects himself. If you talk as much as he does and people follow him they'll see when he makes mistakes but many coacjhes, gms and fans make the same mistakes themselves. Now as far as his credibility and professionalism I mean if you feel that way ok but I see it differently especially when he's been a columnist for a long time and I personally through his good and bad moments respect his work so I mean I think that speaks volumes but that's your opinion

You've been following him for a long time and you haven't seen how he treats people who disagree with him?

I find that very hard to believe. Him condescending to people and blocking them from his Twitter is almost a daily occurence.

I said way back in my first reply and I know you saw it that he has butt clown qualities and he's arrogant. He does many things that if you cant handle it you cant stand him. Literally I said all of that and never once said that I dont see him disrespect people. My point is he's controversial but if you can handle it and just pay attention to his work he's very good. But like I said in the first comment this is about Morgan Moses so just going back and forth about Omar Kelly doesnt make too much sense

Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:51 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

ag_fin_90 wrote:
going back and forth about Omar Kelly doesnt make too much sense

But being a professional journalist for a major local paper who bans people from his twitter because they have a difference of opinion does.

:hithead:

Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:02 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

ag_fin_90 wrote:
but I see it differently especially when he's been a columnist for a long time and I personally through his good and bad moments respect his work so I mean I think that speaks volumes but that's your opinion

You are literally, the only person I have ever heard express that opinion. I read Phinfever and FinHeaven daily too, so that speaks volumes. I hear the opinions of thousands of fans every week. Omar sucks, and that is the opinion of over 90% of the fan base for a reason. He isn't disliked, he is hated.

Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:26 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Daniel jeremiah, and now Gil Brandt (both of whom worked for NFL teams and know the real process) have both talked about how players like Savage gain momentum and buzz and then rise 3 or 4 rounds in the draft process.....long after the college season is over. So this nonsense that players are not rising and falling during March and April just simply isn't true. Look no further than Mike Mamula for proof. Given a 4th round grade by the NFL advisory board, he then put on an athletic display at the combine and vaulted past highly-touted Warren Sapp to be picked 7th overall!!! Even though initial evaluations said 4th round.

Quote:
NFL.com's Gil Brandt wrote "I'm taking" Pittsburgh QB Tom Savage "and I'm taking him in the second round because he likely won't be there in the third."
The long-time Cowboys' executive speaks from experience in this example of how a player can jump up a round or two. And, at this point, it would almost be an upset if Savage is on the board when Round 3 kicks off. "His lack of experience, not his ability, could hinder him early," Brandt said when suggesting his drafting team have another option in 2014. "He only played in 28 college games with three different schools -- Rutgers, Arizona and Pittsburgh. However, you saw progress in his final season at Pitt when he threw nine interceptions but only three in the final nine games. He has a gun for an arm that was tough to show off with little talent around him. I think that Savage will be selected in the top half of the second round."

Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:10 am

swerve13 wrote:
Daniel jeremiah, and now Gil Brandt (both of whom worked for NFL teams and know the real process) have both talked about how players like Savage gain momentum and buzz and then rise 3 or 4 rounds in the draft process.....

You're all over the place here.

You reference Mamula putting on an athletic display at the Combine and Gil Brandt talking about players jumping a round or two. You're not saying anything to contradict what anyone else is saying here.

Here's what I said.

Quote:
Barring unforeseen incidents, I don't buy that there is much movement in the draft after the Senior Bowl and Combine.

Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:00 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Here is exactly what you said that started the entire debate, and then you later altered your stance yet again. So you are the one that is all over the place.

Quote:
What I don't get is why guys rise and fall so much since the college football season has been over for months...
I don't buy that these guys are rising or falling that much for teams, just the analysts. Unless of course a guy has off the field or injury issues that come out after the college season or before the draft.

There is no winning with you. You will never ever admit that you are wrong. You just keep changing your stance. Whatever makes you happy. But I've stated my point clear as day.

Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2